Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Had my fill Thursday. Was allowed to eat regularly last night - 2.5cc and no restriction :thumbup:

Had my fill Thursday. Was allowed to eat regularly last night - 2.5cc and no restriction :thumbup:

Most individuals wont reach restriction til about 6 or 7 cc's. I have more restriction in the morning then I do at night. I am only at 4cc's

glad to see everyone is doing good.. I cant believe i am 4 weeks out as of yesterday.. man has time flown..

Hi all.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Im so glad to see the first fills are going well and so far no difficulties.

Spent the weekend at my sisters house babysitting for my nieces while sister and hubby went on vacation. They were supposed to go to Ireland but..the flight was cancelled Friday night due to mechanical stuff...the repairs needed parts flown in from somewhere in Euorpe and could not due to the volcanic ash so cancelled all flights to Ireland as well. They missed the last flight in the afternoon that flew. They came home and the AM...repacked for St. Lucia and are leaving Tuesday instead....so we had a family weekend in the end.

That house was a killer....every where you look theres some other chocolate, treat, cake, junk food. Holy crap...the stuff that was there was just unbelievable! Good I brought my own food otherwise I know id have been eating something not good for me. Ive been so good this whole month and lost now 30llbs....not about to blow it on some damn chocolate and cheese doodles. I was like what the hell?? Do you want me to stay here really??? What were you thinking? Do you leave liquor all over for an alcohlic? Why would you leave all this junk while Im here? no comment was her response, uh so annoying. We had a great weekend in the end. I cleansed their kitchen over the weekend. They really didnt mind so much and I felt so good. I thought theyd kill me but they didnt. lol I love my sister but sheesh. Come on.

Glad to have gotten out of there this morning none too soon I left the giant size Peanut Butter jars. I could eat that by the spoonfuls.

I had my third training at the gym this week. I went to the gym three times other to just do cardio. I hope this week I continue. Wednesday I go to the surgeon. Hopefully I will get a fill if not then next week for sure. Im hungry alot now and eating much more....still not alot and watching what I am but am drinking and eating without any restriction. Dont feel like I have a band at all.

well. I must make dinner. Have a great week all.

Good luck with everyone on the good food choices and the fills this week.

Jodi

I have some restriction, its not to bad. I just wish I was at my sweet spot already. I am very active even though I hate to work out. I do a lot of at home exercises and it all gets to be the same routine. I would like to get out and join the gym, but financially right now I can not afford a gym membership. I will update again tomorrow on my first fill and how it goes also my weightloss/gain progress since one week after surgery. I hope its not bad.:)

Do you have a Planet Fitness near your home Stevie? It is really only $10/month! Both my daughters go to one and they swear its great! If not, buy some dvds to help keep you motivated. I love the Leslie Sansone Walking away the lbs. series. She adds hand weights for added resistance and it works.

Good luck with the exercise, lord knows we all need it!

Do you have a Planet Fitness near your home Stevie? It is really only $10/month! Both my daughters go to one and they swear its great! If not, buy some dvds to help keep you motivated. I love the Leslie Sansone Walking away the lbs. series. She adds hand weights for added resistance and it works.

Good luck with the exercise, lord knows we all need it!

No I do not have a planet fitness by me, I have never heard of it before. I swear by Leslie Sansone and her walk away the lbs. Lately I have been doing a 2 mile brisk aerobic walk with cardio that she has on demand from my local cable provider. It is refreshing it counts down in the corner so you can see how fast it is to really walk 2 miles in your home.:thumbup:

No I do not have a planet fitness by me, I have never heard of it before. I swear by Leslie Sansone and her walk away the lbs. Lately I have been doing a 2 mile brisk aerobic walk with cardio that she has on demand from my local cable provider. It is refreshing it counts down in the corner so you can see how fast it is to really walk 2 miles in your home.:thumbup:

I visited your blog and brought along a few of my blog-buddies. I hope you don't mind:wink2: It will incent you to blog more. I never thought I'd be one to blog but I am finding it so helpful and informative. Have fun with it too! Its all good. We have a man or two but for the most part its women of all ages with a common goal.

The Planet fitness is a chain and there motto is "no judgement zone" style fitness. My daughters, 23 and 19 love it. They are opening up new ones all the time so look out for one. Where are you located by the way? I am in Florida. I heard someone saying they have Brighthouse cable and they have Leslie on demand also. I have Brighthouse and I can't find it on mine!

I visited your blog and brought along a few of my blog-buddies. I hope you don't mind:wink2: It will incent you to blog more. I never thought I'd be one to blog but I am finding it so helpful and informative. Have fun with it too! Its all good. We have a man or two but for the most part its women of all ages with a common goal.

The Planet fitness is a chain and there motto is "no judgement zone" style fitness. My daughters, 23 and 19 love it. They are opening up new ones all the time so look out for one. Where are you located by the way? I am in Florida. I heard someone saying they have Brighthouse cable and they have Leslie on demand also. I have Brighthouse and I can't find it on mine!

I am from New Jersey! we have comcast cable, a few years back I used to have leslie sansones dvd buy I had lost an extremem amount of weight an unhealthy way and maintained the weightloss till I got pregnant. SO I gave the dvd's to someone else. I think I will get some for mothers day from my husband. Lately Cardioke is my thing. THe creator of Cardioke is Billy blanks jr. The son of the guy who created tae bo. Its fun in california they actually have cardioke classes. Well I am off to paint my kitchen!!!

Hello All,

Haven't Posted in awhile cause I have been very busy... So three weeks post-op Today, down roughly 20lbs which is very exciting... I've been reading that some people have been having issus with food... I have been the exact opposite. I have been eating everything... Pasta, rice and bread without any problems. I somtimes forget that I've had surgery because I am feeling so well, I find it really bizzare. I too am having issues with not being able to drink while I eat. I have always had Water with all my meals. If anyone has any tips for this I would love to hear it.

Looks like everyone is doing well. That's awesome! :ohmy:

I had my first fill yesterday. I have 5 ccs total. I thought it was a bit aggressive. She originally was going to give me 6 and tested to see what I had in there (she said they usually put a little in the band) and I had 2 ccs, so she filled me up but the barium wasn't moving through like she wanted so she pulled a little out. I'm at 5 total.

I swear, I was more hungry today than I normally am. Not sure what that is about. :) I couldn't eat a lot at lunch. I felt like I was going to hurl, so I know that's restriction but it doesn't last as long as I was hoping. This morning, my Protein Shake did not last near as long as they normally do.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Looks like everyone is doing well. That's awesome! :ohmy:

I had my first fill yesterday. I have 5 ccs total. I thought it was a bit aggressive. She originally was going to give me 6 and tested to see what I had in there (she said they usually put a little in the band) and I had 2 ccs, so she filled me up but the barium wasn't moving through like she wanted so she pulled a little out. I'm at 5 total.

I swear, I was more hungry today than I normally am. Not sure what that is about. :) I couldn't eat a lot at lunch. I felt like I was going to hurl, so I know that's restriction but it doesn't last as long as I was hoping. This morning, my Protein Shake did not last near as long as they normally do.

Hope everyone is doing good!

I have a total fill of 4cc's and in the morning I am often not hungry and I am full after my Protein shake, and I feel more restricted at night time. What size band do you have? I have a 10cc I go for my next fill 5/10 I wonder how much they will give me then,

Hi Guys,

I was banded on 3/31 and I have lost 28lbs so far.

The first three weeks I feel I had great restriction, was barely able to finish 2oz of meat before feeling stuffed. I started week four yesterday (4/21) and I have been noticing I am able to eat more at one meal than I had just a week ago. I am now able to eat 4oz of meat and 1oz of carbs per sitting. I am supposed to be having 2oz meat and 1oz carb per meal, six times a day. Instead, I find myself having 4oz of meat and 1oz of carbs per meal, only three times a day.

I am afraid eating like this is stretching my pouch, and that is why I am not feeling restriction anymore. My next appointment is 5/21, where I expect I will get my first fill. I am frustrated that I have to wait this long for a fill, especially since you all have already gotten your first fill, and we were banded around the same time.

I hope I am not going to gain all the weight I lost over the past four weeks before I go in for my fill.

I have a total fill of 4cc's and in the morning I am often not hungry and I am full after my Protein Shake, and I feel more restricted at night time. What size band do you have? I have a 10cc I go for my next fill 5/10 I wonder how much they will give me then,

I have the 10 cc allergan band - so it's essentially 1/2 full. When she did the barium fluro, you could tell that the liquid wasn't moving through as easily as she wanted it. So, she pulled a bit out. But, I swear, I'm more hungry now than before. And my hunger is worse in the morning than at night. But, it's still there. For instance, this morning I drank a 100 calorie muscle milk light shake and it's 11:15 and I'm STARVING. Usually lunch (very small) holds me over til 3 or so, then I eat 4 slices of turkey. (50 calories) Then, I'll eat dinner around 6. (Which holds me over for the night)

I eat probably around 800-1000 calories/day.

I was banded on March 24. Went to my first fill appointment yesterday and I didn't need a fill. I have had good restriction from the start and can only eat 1/4 to 1/3 cup meal. I do eat six small meals a day...and they were okay with that as long as I'm losing weight. So...I was encouraged and have another appointment in three weeks.

I have the 10 cc allergan band - so it's essentially 1/2 full. When she did the barium fluro, you could tell that the liquid wasn't moving through as easily as she wanted it. So, she pulled a bit out. But, I swear, I'm more hungry now than before. And my hunger is worse in the morning than at night. But, it's still there. For instance, this morning I drank a 100 calorie muscle milk light shake and it's 11:15 and I'm STARVING. Usually lunch (very small) holds me over til 3 or so, then I eat 4 slices of turkey. (50 calories) Then, I'll eat dinner around 6. (Which holds me over for the night)

I eat probably around 800-1000 calories/day.

I have the Lap Band Ap. and I have 4cc. I would talk to the Doctor, each doctor is different. They may be able to give your more hints on what to eat to keep you full. My doctor says protein.. all day long.