Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hi everyone..good evening,

Hope Everyone is doing well. Its been a rough week. Its passover...ive had the seders here and company all week. Ive been cooking and cooking and cooking. I havent tasted anything which is really hard however time tested recipes have always pursued so....I didnt deviate and even so everything was yummy....heresay of course. I have to say the only thing that really got me...was the pot roast made with brisket. That tempted me...maybe the chicken Soup which after skimming I did taste. I could of had some of that but Im so sick of broth after the first two weeks post surgery!

Hi..yes it is frsutrating but be patient....youl start to feel better soon...probably by this post allready!

The bloating is not Water its gas. When you have surgery in the stomach they blow air in it to be able to get done what they done which is why we feel the gas pains all over for about a week or so after. It took me about a week to feel like I lost the bloating but still was swollen for a long time...until this past week. Good luck...it will come soon enough.

GingerJane:

I dont have a scale in the house because I know id be checking every day but the surgeon said not to check everyday...once a week is fine..and even then no need if I come to see him every month. I prefer weekly. scales are also different yours might be not showing the same as the doctors which probably is exact and yours may not be. If you are following the diet and the doctors instructions you should be lossing just fine. Give it at least a week. Because of all the gas and bloating you might not see it on the scale...also well if you havent gone to the bathroom yet a BM....this may also cause the scale not to move.

At your post op apt. which should have been a week or so I bet you will see that you lost a lot!!!

Stevie and Monica,

Glad you are both doing so well. I read in both your posts that you are excersizing allready?? I was told not to do any exercise or lifting anything over 8 pds. for a month just to walk and walk and walk and walk! Why do feel like the only one who is concerned for no reason as to ripping the stiches or hemoraging?

Yes. Everyone isnt it great that the clothes are starting to fit better and we allready in need of a slightely smaller size??

Yes, thrift stores are deff in order. I am lucky enough to have been involved with an organization that collects clothing in my area. I bring all the clothing that is collected to the houses that house them and organize them before people come and look at them and take what they want.

The clothes are all amazing!! From the richest of the rich and I get to take what I want whenever I see something I like.

I get first choice, sooooo at the end of this month Ill start getting rid of what I have now..and take what I want and there is plenty and then every month Ill bring back what I took and take new stuff each month. Sometimes it pays to do volenteer!!

Feeling really good. Havent weighed myself since last week so dont know if I lost any more weight but certainly my clothes have gotten looser.

Have a great night everyone.

Happy Passover and easter

JOdi, I was told to walk for the beging, but after two weeks I was told to work out as tolerated. So far it is going awesome!!! 30 minutes of intense cardio or 2 mile areobic?cardio walking.:frown:

Hi Jodi,

I guess I need to clarify, I am going to the gym but I am only using the tredmill and walking for about an hour. I can't lift anything for at least six weeks which is why I am not back to work yet. I work for the Post Office so we handle a lot of heavy stuff!!

Have a great evening.

Hi Jodi,

I guess I need to clarify, I am going to the gym but I am only using the tredmill and walking for about an hour. I can't lift anything for at least six weeks which is why I am not back to work yet. I work for the Post Office so we handle a lot of heavy stuff!!

Have a great evening.

That is what the doctor told me as well :thumbup: I'm trying like heck to stick to it, I'm scared of flipping my port before it's healed so I'm making sure not to do anything involving my abdomen until after 6 weeks!!

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a good April 1st. I had a small victory today in that I was able to return my CPAP machine today. I have been sleeping through the night, and have enough energy during the day that I'm not taking naps like in the past. My sleep apenea was very mild in the first place, and loosing weight has helped me sleep better. Yea Me!!!! I so hated that machine, I could never get it to fit my face properly, and it was noisy, noisy, noisy!!!!

Well thats all I have for now........ Have a wonderful Friday!!!!!

Hugs,

Monica

Good to Hear Monica! I cant wait until i am get rid of my machine.. I hate it! hehhe

My doc told me no lifting for 6 weeks as well, But he knows i work as a paramedic so i left patients but I actually havent had any problems.. I have been to the gym everyday since last week, just walking on the treadmill or doing the ellipitcal

I feel good and everyone is noticing my weight loss. Weight myself today and I am down 15 lbs now since surgery.

Congrats on the NSV natrlblonde!!!

I went in this morning for my one week post op. From the day I scheduled my surgery to today I have lost 25 pounds!!! I am very excited but of course wish it was more...lol. I was told that I could move on to softer whole foods such as fish, soft boiled eggs and tofu. That will be nice. Hope every one had a good week and have a great Easter!!!

Good Friday Everyone!!!!

Thanks Kendra. I wish I could switch to soft foods. I'm not sure why my doctor has his patients do Clear liquids for four weeks after surgery. I've seen where others go to mooshie (sp) food ten days after surgery. I guess I should not worry or question since it has allowed me to drop what I consider a lot of weight. This weekend is Easter, and my mom always makes a ham and all the side dishes to go with it. It is going to be so hard not to get to eat any of it. Holidays have always been a big deal for my mom, and especially since my dad passed away it is even a bigger deal for her. She loves to cook for us.

So I have question that i would love some feed back on. I've not had meat in a while and i'm wondering about some of the vegetarian meats. I've never been a big fan of red meat, i do like chicken and some fish, so i'm wondering if anyone knows if the vegetarian meats are any good? I've heard that some taste like cardboard.

Let me know!

Have a nice evening.

Monica

Hey....everyone.,

Wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter!

Hope you all have a fun, meaningful Easter...nice weather and a beutiful day!

Ive been really buisy with passover....and all the eating and cooking and eating everyone has been doing...im finding myself in the kitchen non stop....as everyone wants to eat at different times and different things....its been umm interesting!! Im doing all the cooking and none of the eating....not even tasting. lol

Well......its been fun! Im not gaining any weight and everyone else is hehehe.

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a good April 1st. I had a small victory today in that I was able to return my CPAP machine today. I have been sleeping through the night, and have enough energy during the day that I'm not taking naps like in the past. My sleep apenea was very mild in the first place, and loosing weight has helped me sleep better. Yea Me!!!! I so hated that machine, I could never get it to fit my face properly, and it was noisy, noisy, noisy!!!!

Well thats all I have for now........ Have a wonderful Friday!!!!!

Hugs,

Monica

Monica thats great!! I hate that stupid machine..but use it every night. Cant wait to get rid of mine but suspect it wont be for a while as my case was pretty severe.

Did you say you were on "Clear liqiuds for 4 weeks???? OMG....after one week thought I was going to go bananas!

Then I went to mushies...Im on mushies till April 20th.

Congrats on the NSV natrlblonde!!!

I went in this morning for my one week post op. From the day I scheduled my surgery to today I have lost 25 pounds!!! I am very excited but of course wish it was more...lol. I was told that I could move on to softer whole foods such as fish, soft boiled eggs and tofu. That will be nice. Hope every one had a good week and have a great Easter!!!

Thats great!! 25llbs. thats amazing, You must be so happy!!

Hope you are feeling good. yes soft mushies.

Well....Happy Easter and a great rest of Passover to all!

I decided to stop back here. I feel sometimes as if our little gourp has drifted apart because we all have our bands now as it is April. BTW Happy Easter to everyone who follows the holiday. And Hope you had a great Passover Jodi!

I still have not seen my numbers, but a friend of mine gave me a pair of new jeans that didnt fit her because my jeans are a size 15 and fall off!! The jeans she gave me were the brand Sevens, and are a size 12!!! I couldnt believe it I have not been in a size smaller then a 15 in 2 years! Im working on some of my smaller capri's for the summer. This year I do not want to be wearing goucho's nd my ugly old lady FAT clothes.

I go to the Dr for my first fill 4/14 I hope that all goes well. I havent been having much restriction, but I have been eating small portions. :smile2:

Well I am still here. I still check in at least a couple of times a week....ok well at least once a week. Way to go on gettingin a size 12!!! I would love to see a size 12 but would be happy to get back to an 16 or 18. Seems like a long way away from my size 26.

Hi March Bandsters,

I liked Stevie's update, so decided to do one too. I am doing great, and SO happy that I had the band placed.

Had surgery 3/5. First week lost 15 pounds on liquids. Second week on mushies lost another 5 - totalling 20. Then went onto soft food - and gained 4 pounds even though I was eating between 500-600cals/day! Two weeks, and didn't loose a pound. Then at week 4 (last Thursday) went onto a more regular diet (cals increased to about 100cal/day) and in the last few days not only lost the 4 pounds I gained but an additional 3.

I had joined a gym, but unfortunately with the problematic weather in NJ, the roof blew off the gym after week 1! Didn't like the other options in the area, so was not doing anything for 2 weeks. Finally the weather has been nice, so I bought an ipod and have been enjoying walking outside. FYI - I found a bunch of podcasts abount living with the band on itunes. They are great to listen to while walking.

How is everyone else doing? My size 32 winter clothing is not going to go into storage this year, but rather to charity :smile2:

First Fill 4/15 - I cannot wait!

BTW - this was the easiest Passover ever, since I cannot eat bread anyway! Happy Easter and Passover to all.

Cynthia:smile2:

Banded 3/5 - 350

Current Weight 4/4 - 327

Goal 180

Edited by cynpatt

Hi March Bandsters,

I liked Stevie's update, so decided to do one too. I am doing great, and SO happy that I had the band placed.

Had surgery 3/5. First week lost 15 pounds on liquids. Second week on mushies lost another 5 - totalling 20. Then went onto soft food - and gained 4 pounds even though I was eating between 500-600cals/day! Two weeks, and didn't loose a pound. Then at week 4 (last Thursday) went onto a more regular diet (cals increased to about 100cal/day) and in the last few days not only lost the 4 pounds I gained but an additional 3.

I had joined a gym, but unfortunately with the problematic weather in NJ, the roof blew off the gym after week 1! Didn't like the other options in the area, so was not doing anything for 2 weeks. Finally the weather has been nice, so I bought an ipod and have been enjoying walking outside. FYI - I found a bunch of podcasts abount living with the band on itunes. They are great to listen to while walking.

How is everyone else doing? My size 32 winter clothing is not going to go into storage this year, but rather to charity :smile2:

First Fill 4/15 - I cannot wait!

BTW - this was the easiest Passover ever, since I cannot eat bread anyway! Happy Easter and Passover to all.

Cynthia:smile2:

Banded 3/5 - 350

Current Weight 4/4 - 327

Goal 180

Where in Nj are you from cynpatt? I live in south jersey and I know a lot of the weathe was terrible and buildings and streets are so messed up!!!

Happy Monday!!

I hope everyone survived the weekend. This is the start of my fourth week on Clear Liquids. Next week I start the mushie stage, then the following week my first fill. I think that i'm at the stage where I'm not feeling very restricted. I am getting hungry, but still sticking to the liquid program. I know i've said it before, but if i never see broth again it will be too soon!!!!!!!

Have a great day.

Hiya Everyone, I am still here, Not much going on in here..

I have my 2 week follow up appt tomorrow, Hoping I have lost enough to make the doctor happy. I swear i have gained some now that I am on mushies.

Hi Stevie -

I am from Tenafly in Bergen County.

Any other NJ bandsters here?