Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Thought I would check back :) I didnt end calling the doctor , I am paramedic and honestly I think my inicisions are fine, they look good and they arent warm or red, so maybe I was getting a cold or something..

Feeling so much better today, I actually went to the gym and walked for 45 mins then did some packing and moving boxes, Had no pain what so ever so i think i will be good to go back to work Monday.

Well thanks guys for all the support, Hope everyone is doing good, I cant believe how fast this month went!

Hi, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Its Sat night and I just finished changing over the winter to spring clothes....happy to think that comes summer ill have to get all new clothes!!! Hope all you past week bandsters are recouping. Give it a week and I know...its uncomfortable....take the pain killers they really help even with the gas pains. Remember to sip and walk, sip and walk. I sipped so much the first night....that I was getting up to pee more then just to get up to walk lol.

I hope everyone else is doing good post op who have had surgery at the beg of the month and everyone is feeling good now!!!

Im having a problem drinking 640z of liqiud still. I just cant sip that much all day...I try and try but to no avail. I get to about 24-30 at most. Doing okay with Protein Drinks and all the Vitamins etc etc but still cant get enough liquid. Anyone else having this problem?

(Stevie)

Jodi, I do like not having a scale at home, but sometimes I would like to know how I am doing. I would be afraid to have one at home for the fact that i would probably be on it everyday as well. I would just like to know my progress so far. I can tell I am slimming out, I just dont believe it. I have been stuck here for so long...:)

Stevie...

thats exactly why I wont have one here....I know ill be on it night and day!! I actually went to my primary doctors this past week ...as he wanted to see how I was doing..so he weighed me and I lost another 4 pds or so....yea...he was so excited I lost 20pds since March 9th he hugged me...a little inapropriate but I suppose he feels responsible as he was the one who pushed me to have the surgery in the first place...lol But he also agreed not to have the scale until I hit goal.

I am however starting to feel like I lost weight. I actually fit into some clothes that my mother bought for me in size 18 and before surgert they did not fit...and now not even a month later they fit!!!! Yea.

Hoping next month Ill go down to a 14 and then I can start getting rid of my big clothes!! cant wait for that.

Hope your feeling good!

Finding me;

Yea you did it!!! I hope you are feeling good. I know the first three days are the hardest but you will start to feel better soon.....I began driving and shopping on day three. Day two not...so good..but day three and on I was okay so you should be able to go...esp when you will be sitting.

just take Water with and sip sip sip.

Liftingchic;

I hope you are feeling okay..I know the doctors did say if you develop a fever to call ASAP as maybe this could be you have an infection...I hope all is well and you did call. Im worried for you now....Please post and let us know your okay....

I didnt go back to work for a week and half. I really could have after a week but I just started to feel better on Sunday which was just 6 days after surgery...If I pushed it I could have but decided to wait another 2 days and ended going back on Thursday a week and two days after surgery. The extra two days...I kind of just shopped and got my house back on order. Im glad I waited....I felt really good when I went back later like I never had surgery by that time.

Please let us know how you are....will be thinking about you and hoping everything is okay!!!

Hi. How do I join the group? I'm still not sure how to work this site!!!! Had my surgery yesterday. Doing great except my abdomin feels twice as big (gas pain stuff?). Here is a little abou tme....

Someone responded to me about us meeting up once a month or something to discuss issues, etc. And I have no clue how to find that to respond to. So if you are out there, Laurie, I think if there is a way to meet up in a chat room at a certain time on certain day, that would be great. But I think weekly would be good. I have questions come up regularly. Like maybe we can meet in a chat room every Tuesday at 6pm PST (8pm CST). That way we can go if we can or need to and ask questions or discuss stuff. Just a thought.

Can we make up our own chat room on this site?

You just joined!!

What a great idea about going into the chat room at the same time each week to get a support group going.

I think this would be as you said a great time to ask all those questions we all have and forget to post ask or dont get responses fast enough lol.

I would love to come in and chat,,,,the only thing is is 6PM is really early as I am a single parent and that is a really hard time, Im on the East coast and that would make it afternoon for the west coast. Is it possible to make it later so that all the people who have kids can sit and chat maybe after the kids are closer to going to sleep or after dinner for the east coasters??

Ill take any time of course that the consensus chooses but my choice is for as late as possible. 8 and later...for me...what do you think?? Not sure about how to make your own chat room on this thread...but maybe someone will know.

perhaps we can make a pole about the timing to go into the chat room on site.

Dont know how to do that lol but if someone does...I know Bob he made a pole before so maybe he can help here....

Let me know,,,again great idea. I love it.

and welcome to the thread!!

Hope you are feeling well. Keep us posted.

Well...must run Have a great night all...feel good.

Jodi

UGHHH!!! I am so frustrated!!! Today was the first day that I had to get dressed, other than just lounging clothes, and my jeans are tighter on me than before surgery!!!! I have been told that is due to the swelling from surgery still but come on I have to go back to work on Wednesday. And the bloated feeling is really old to. How can something as simple as Water make you bloated? I still do not regret the choice I made to have this done but I am ready to move on. I am still really tired and get hot flashes. I made a lasagna for dinner tonight for my hubby that has just been great through the whole thing and now I am ready for bed. I wish I had the energy that some of you seem to have.

UGHHH!!! I am so frustrated!!! Today was the first day that I had to get dressed, other than just lounging clothes, and my jeans are tighter on me than before surgery!!!! I have been told that is due to the swelling from surgery still but come on I have to go back to work on Wednesday. And the bloated feeling is really old to. How can something as simple as Water make you bloated? I still do not regret the choice I made to have this done but I am ready to move on. I am still really tired and get hot flashes. I made a lasagna for dinner tonight for my hubby that has just been great through the whole thing and now I am ready for bed. I wish I had the energy that some of you seem to have.

I feel your pain I was in your boat a few days ago.. Just give it time, I promise you it will get better!

It took a couple weeks for me not to feel so bloated, and now I still am more gassy then I was prior to the surgery, but not nearly as bad as the first week or so, hang in there :thumbup:

My first fill is scheduled for April 23rd, and it can't get here soon enough, I have absolutely no restriction and am having to make myself eat less and of course healthy. In all the literature I've read about the band it says that this is par for the course and to just ride it out until you start getting fills.

I went from being starved to starving in a matter of just a few days, it's all kind of a roller coaster ride at first, but should start to level itself out after a few fills, just try to remind yourself to make very healthy food choices.

Take care and it sucked to see both KU and KSU out of the tournament!!

So, I have to vent for a second. I'm doing well with incisions, etc. That's not an issue. My problem is that the scale WILL NOT MOVE. Ugh.

On Friday I was at 260, almost 261. Today I'm at 263. I realize it's my TOM, but still. I'm following the diet and plan and don't understand what the heck is going on. Ugh. I know it takes time but I just had to say "WHAT THE HECK SCALE!" for a second. :thumbup: Throw a sister a pound or something.

I do still feel somewhat bloated, and obviously my band is working because this morning I had a Protein Shake and I'm obviously full. I can feel that.

Anyway - anyone else not really see any weight loss right away? I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. My calories hover around 800 - sometimes less, sometimes more, but never over 1,000.

I also have been walking. Not a lot but will get it in - I work downtown and therefore walk to different places. I know it's too early to see any change in weight, but I was hoping to see at least a pound or two. I don't to go in next week weighing more than I did on surgery day. :)

Hi, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Its Sat night and I just finished changing over the winter to spring clothes....happy to think that comes summer ill have to get all new clothes!!! Hope all you past week bandsters are recouping. Give it a week and I know...its uncomfortable....take the pain killers they really help even with the gas pains. Remember to sip and walk, sip and walk. I sipped so much the first night....that I was getting up to pee more then just to get up to walk lol.

I hope everyone else is doing good post op who have had surgery at the beg of the month and everyone is feeling good now!!!

Im having a problem drinking 640z of liqiud still. I just cant sip that much all day...I try and try but to no avail. I get to about 24-30 at most. Doing okay with Protein drinks and all the Vitamins etc etc but still cant get enough liquid. Anyone else having this problem?

(Stevie)

Jodi, I do like not having a scale at home, but sometimes I would like to know how I am doing. I would be afraid to have one at home for the fact that i would probably be on it everyday as well. I would just like to know my progress so far. I can tell I am slimming out, I just dont believe it. I have been stuck here for so long...:)

Stevie...

thats exactly why I wont have one here....I know ill be on it night and day!! I actually went to my primary doctors this past week ...as he wanted to see how I was doing..so he weighed me and I lost another 4 pds or so....yea...he was so excited I lost 20pds since March 9th he hugged me...a little inapropriate but I suppose he feels responsible as he was the one who pushed me to have the surgery in the first place...lol But he also agreed not to have the scale until I hit goal.

I am however starting to feel like I lost weight. I actually fit into some clothes that my mother bought for me in size 18 and before surgert they did not fit...and now not even a month later they fit!!!! Yea.

Hoping next month Ill go down to a 14 and then I can start getting rid of my big clothes!! cant wait for that.

Hope your feeling good!

Finding me;

Yea you did it!!! I hope you are feeling good. I know the first three days are the hardest but you will start to feel better soon.....I began driving and shopping on day three. Day two not...so good..but day three and on I was okay so you should be able to go...esp when you will be sitting.

just take Water with and sip sip sip.

Liftingchic;

I hope you are feeling okay..I know the doctors did say if you develop a fever to call ASAP as maybe this could be you have an infection...I hope all is well and you did call. Im worried for you now....Please post and let us know your okay....

I didnt go back to work for a week and half. I really could have after a week but I just started to feel better on Sunday which was just 6 days after surgery...If I pushed it I could have but decided to wait another 2 days and ended going back on Thursday a week and two days after surgery. The extra two days...I kind of just shopped and got my house back on order. Im glad I waited....I felt really good when I went back later like I never had surgery by that time.

Please let us know how you are....will be thinking about you and hoping everything is okay!!!

You just joined!!

What a great idea about going into the chat room at the same time each week to get a support group going.

I think this would be as you said a great time to ask all those questions we all have and forget to post ask or dont get responses fast enough lol.

I would love to come in and chat,,,,the only thing is is 6PM is really early as I am a single parent and that is a really hard time, Im on the East coast and that would make it afternoon for the west coast. Is it possible to make it later so that all the people who have kids can sit and chat maybe after the kids are closer to going to sleep or after dinner for the east coasters??

Ill take any time of course that the consensus chooses but my choice is for as late as possible. 8 and later...for me...what do you think?? Not sure about how to make your own chat room on this thread...but maybe someone will know.

perhaps we can make a pole about the timing to go into the chat room on site.

Dont know how to do that lol but if someone does...I know Bob he made a pole before so maybe he can help here....

Let me know,,,again great idea. I love it.

and welcome to the thread!!

Hope you are feeling well. Keep us posted.

Well...must run Have a great night all...feel good.

Jodi

Thats awesome Jodi, I am still unaware of any of my weight loss since the 16 lbs. I find myself wondering but I cant bring myself to buy a scale. I will eventually, lastnight my husband commented on how he can see I am losing weight and pointed out the areas I need to work out on. I work out 30 to 45 mins a day in the morning and if I feel up to it I do it in the evening as well. My hubby is working on toning some muscles so he sometimes works out with me. i can see where in some of my clothes that I wouldnt wear pre op because they were too tight, but now I am. I am going to look into finding some cuter clothing at the thrift shops so I dont spend too much money because i the next yr I will need a whole new wardrobe.

But everyone has to remember the first 4 to 6 weeks is for healing so dont get to discouraged. I broke the other day and was really discouraged but I am only 4 weeks post op today! and I dont have a scale to watch my weight loss. and I posted a thing in the forum and everyone is talking and helping me. SO if you think this forum isnt helping you should try because this and the support groups really do work.:frown:

Hey Stevie... I am doing better, NEver called the doctor about the fever, I am a paramedic and nothing seems wrong to me other than that i was catching a cold so i think i just had a fever cause of that..

Today is my 2nd day back, I am hanging in there, I wish i could have taken this week off too, but I think its good for me to go back to work and get moving, I will be fine..

My biggest issue today is i have cold, everytime i cough I am in a huge amount of pain.. its no fun but I am sure i will get over this "hill" soon :)

Thanks for checkin on me.. Have you had your first fill? or when is it?

Good evening all,

I've not posted in a while. I'm doing great so far. Still not back to work as I have a very physical job, a lot of lifting and pushing and pulling so the doctor told me he wants me to take at least three if not four weeks. I am so bored being home. I have gone into the office to do some work that doesn't require lifting. Most of it is my computer work and doing the things that the boss has no idea how to do or does not want to do as may be the case. I see a few people talking about a scale. I do have one, and for the first week I was checking the scale everyday, but when I went to my first pre-op appointment my doctor gave me this chart that I can track my weight loss on. So now I am weight once a week so I know how i'm doing.

I am looking forward to the soft food stage as i'm a bit bored with the broth. I get my fill on the 23rd of April at my six week appointment. My band is not filled at this time which i guess is normal so that the band can heal properly. So far I've lost 38.2 pounds which is just amazing to me. I'm wearing clothes that I've not been able to wear in I can't remember how long.

Well the husband is home and I've made him a pot roast for dinner!! It smells yummy!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great evening!!

Good evening all,

I've not posted in a while. I'm doing great so far. Still not back to work as I have a very physical job, a lot of lifting and pushing and pulling so the doctor told me he wants me to take at least three if not four weeks. I am so bored being home. I have gone into the office to do some work that doesn't require lifting. Most of it is my computer work and doing the things that the boss has no idea how to do or does not want to do as may be the case. I see a few people talking about a scale. I do have one, and for the first week I was checking the scale everyday, but when I went to my first pre-op appointment my doctor gave me this chart that I can track my weight loss on. So now I am weight once a week so I know how i'm doing.

I am looking forward to the soft food stage as i'm a bit bored with the broth. I get my fill on the 23rd of April at my six week appointment. My band is not filled at this time which i guess is normal so that the band can heal properly. So far I've lost 38.2 pounds which is just amazing to me. I'm wearing clothes that I've not been able to wear in I can't remember how long.

Well the husband is home and I've made him a pot roast for dinner!! It smells yummy!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great evening!!

38.2 since your surgery? or total including preop?

How long are you on liquids? 3 weeks? (you had your surgery the 12th right?) I was able to go to softs on post op day 10, I still cant stand to even smell Broth heheh!

Hi Kelsey.

I lost 10 pounds pre-op. I was only on the pre-op for 7 days. I've lost 28.2 pounds since surgery. I am on liquids for 4 weeks post op. Weeks 5-8 pureed foods 3 meals a day one ounce each meal plus Protein Shakes in between. At 9 weeks regular foods 3 meals a day at one ounce each until goal weight is reached. Yes my surgery was on the 12th. At least I can have sugar free jello........yummy...not!!!! It is a good thing i like crystal lite because it makes drinking a lot less boring.

I hear you on the broth. I can only do the chicken broth, because i don't like the taste of the others. My husband and I do work out at least five days a week.

Have a great one!!!!!

I wish i have lost 28 lbs :frown: I have only lost about 10 but I am still happy about it..

Good luck :smile2:

Hey Kelsey,

Hang in there you WILL start seeing results.

Good luck to you!!!!!

Hey Stevie... I am doing better, NEver called the doctor about the fever, I am a paramedic and nothing seems wrong to me other than that i was catching a cold so i think i just had a fever cause of that..

Today is my 2nd day back, I am hanging in there, I wish i could have taken this week off too, but I think its good for me to go back to work and get moving, I will be fine..

My biggest issue today is i have cold, everytime i cough I am in a huge amount of pain.. its no fun but I am sure i will get over this "hill" soon :smile2:

Thanks for checkin on me.. Have you had your first fill? or when is it?

Yes, moving is better. I actually get my first fill April 14th due to the Doc being away this and next week because of Easter coming up this weekend.

I have noticed clothing becoming not tight anymore. I wore pants and shirts that I would steer clear of because they were tight. My husband commented that he was proud of me for working out 5 or 6 days a week, and eating right. He also pointed out that he could see my weightloss. But because we do not have a scale at home, I do not know my weightloss by number, only by how clothes are fitting me now.:frown:

Hi everyone..good evening,

Hope Everyone is doing well. Its been a rough week. Its passover...ive had the seders here and company all week. Ive been cooking and cooking and cooking. I havent tasted anything which is really hard however time tested recipes have always pursued so....I didnt deviate and even so everything was yummy....heresay of course. I have to say the only thing that really got me...was the pot roast made with brisket. That tempted me...maybe the chicken Soup which after skimming I did taste. I could of had some of that but Im so sick of broth after the first two weeks post surgery!

Hi..yes it is frsutrating but be patient....youl start to feel better soon...probably by this post allready!

The bloating is not water its gas. When you have surgery in the stomach they blow air in it to be able to get done what they done which is why we feel the gas pains all over for about a week or so after. It took me about a week to feel like I lost the bloating but still was swollen for a long time...until this past week. Good luck...it will come soon enough.

GingerJane:

I dont have a scale in the house because I know id be checking every day but the surgeon said not to check everyday...once a week is fine..and even then no need if I come to see him every month. I prefer weekly. scales are also different yours might be not showing the same as the doctors which probably is exact and yours may not be. If you are following the diet and the doctors instructions you should be lossing just fine. Give it at least a week. Because of all the gas and bloating you might not see it on the scale...also well if you havent gone to the bathroom yet a BM....this may also cause the scale not to move.

At your post op apt. which should have been a week or so I bet you will see that you lost a lot!!!

Stevie and Monica,

Glad you are both doing so well. I read in both your posts that you are excersizing allready?? I was told not to do any exercise or lifting anything over 8 pds. for a month just to walk and walk and walk and walk! Why do feel like the only one who is concerned for no reason as to ripping the stiches or hemoraging?

Yes. Everyone isnt it great that the clothes are starting to fit better and we allready in need of a slightely smaller size??

Yes, thrift stores are deff in order. I am lucky enough to have been involved with an organization that collects clothing in my area. I bring all the clothing that is collected to the houses that house them and organize them before people come and look at them and take what they want.

The clothes are all amazing!! From the richest of the rich and I get to take what I want whenever I see something I like.

I get first choice, sooooo at the end of this month Ill start getting rid of what I have now..and take what I want and there is plenty and then every month Ill bring back what I took and take new stuff each month. Sometimes it pays to do volenteer!!

Feeling really good. Havent weighed myself since last week so dont know if I lost any more weight but certainly my clothes have gotten looser.

Have a great night everyone.

Happy Passover and easter