Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

I worked 2 days out - I really didn't feel like myself for a week. As long as you can sit you should be ok

Well in just in about 10 hours they will be wheeling me back to get my band. Wonder how much sleep I will get tonight? I have a few things left to do tonight....lay out the kids clothes, pack my sons lunch, getmy things layed out and then try to sleep. My mom is coming to get me in the morning so that my husband can take the kids to daycare at 6 am. Then he will be joining us at the surgery center. I am excited but still scared. It is not the surgery or the after sugery that is getting to me. It is the being put to sleep and afraid I will not wake up. Normal I am sure...right.

Thinking about you finding me Good Luck:smile2:

Well in just in about 10 hours they will be wheeling me back to get my band. Wonder how much sleep I will get tonight? I have a few things left to do tonight....lay out the kids clothes, pack my sons lunch, getmy things layed out and then try to sleep. My mom is coming to get me in the morning so that my husband can take the kids to daycare at 6 am. Then he will be joining us at the surgery center. I am excited but still scared. It is not the surgery or the after sugery that is getting to me. It is the being put to sleep and afraid I will not wake up. Normal I am sure...right.

Thinking of you today! It will all go smoothly! :Banane20:

fern i would imagine its from the hv you were on in hopsital i gained it to 4 pounds. but lost that and some more when got home good to hear your doing good. ive had alot of gas pains but walking really helps. i was banded last thursday one week ago today.

Good luck today Finding Me.

You will do well!!!!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi... I am 6 days out... I am still very tired and sore :Banane20:. I dont know how i thought i could go back already to work, I am so sore and still taking pain meds. I am running a fever too now :Banane20: so i think i will call the docs today before they leave today..

Oh boy...tomorrow is the big day!! Went to the Dr's this morning to start my participation in a clinical study of the Lap-Band. Confirmed my surgery for 12:30pm tomorrow. Now I just got a call that my surgery has been moved to 7:30am because that person just cancelled and everyone else for the day has been moved up. YIKES! I gotta be at the hospital at 5:30am! My wife is not a happy camper about that one. Oh well.

Can't wait to join all of the March bandsters. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. And so, my journey begins.

event.png

weight.png

Well I made it through!!!...lol...I am home now. I was dicharged at 235pm and got homw a little after 3. I can't beieve I had anything done other than the insision and the gas pain in my shoulder and neck. I only slept 10 while I was there so I am going to try and take a nap now. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and well wishes. I will check backin later I am sure.

enewman830 - I was a 730am pt as well. I would not have had it any other way. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Take it slow and take good care of yourself finding me, glad it went well:smile2:

Keeping you in my thoughts anewman Good Luck!!!:):smile2::lol::smile2::w00t::smile2:

( I actually liked it being earlier so I didn't have to dwell too long)

Hi. How do I join the group? I'm still not sure how to work this site!!!! Had my surgery yesterday. Doing great except my abdomin feels twice as big (gas pain stuff?). Here is a little abou tme....

Date of Surgery: March 24th

Where Surgery will be: Scottsdale, AZ

Doctor/Center: Dr. Robin Blackstone, Scottsdale Bariatric Center

Seminar date: Hmmm, Sept 2009?

1st consult date: 9/21/09

2nd consult: none

Consults and tests completed: Basics with bloodwork, Xrays, EKG

Tests still needed: na

How is surgery funded? Insurance

Concerns? That I will forget and stuff a big bite in my mouth & swallow. I've already forgotten 1 day post op with Water, taking big gulp in my mouth & saying oops and swallowing it in halves

Reason for banding? Gradually bigger & bigger my whole life and keep thinking I can do this without surgery, just diet & exercise, not that hard. Then I realized I'm 37 and obviously it is that hard (for me) and researched & band surgery just totally made sense!

Hi Blawndy Welcome:smile2:

I'm still trying to figure this forum out as well, so glad your surgery went well.

So far I've stayed pretty focused on sipping, but as I've been getting around more and taking the kids to school, rushing, I've had a couple of gulping times where I've had to correct myself, hopefully we'll get used to it

I've lost a gained so many times I can't recall them all. My last loss was when I hit 40, I went from 210 down to 160 using fitday to calculate my nutrition and I faithfully exercised, I regained and then some up to 240, got high blood pressure and decided to get the band after seeing it work for a friend, she's over 3 years banded and has done great.

Take good care of yourself as you heal glad to meet you, Laurie

Ok, still trying to figure out navigating this website. Anyone know how I can have this thread or group stuff go to my cell phone? I have a blackberry storm w/ verizon. I do get notified when a blog I am subscribed to has a new posting, but not sure how to do the threads??

Someone responded to me about us meeting up once a month or something to discuss issues, etc. And I have no clue how to find that to respond to. So if you are out there, Laurie, I think if there is a way to meet up in a chat room at a certain time on certain day, that would be great. But I think weekly would be good. I have questions come up regularly. Like maybe we can meet in a chat room every Tuesday at 6pm PST (8pm CST). That way we can go if we can or need to and ask questions or discuss stuff. Just a thought.

Can we make up our own chat room on this site?

I am wondering when I will start to feel like myself again. I am not regreting this but am ready for my tummy to not feel yucky. I can't even eat Jello with out wanting to be sick. However I think that is jsut because I am over jello after the two week pre-op. Monday will be the day I can start to eat something with more substance to it so maybe then.

finding me,

i know it seems now like you'll never feel good again, but my surgery was on march 16 - Tuesday, and in 4 days, i was feeling great, and now I couldn't be better. hang in there and walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip. I assure, y ou will be back to your old self (except for the weight) before you know it.:)