Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hi all!

Well i first saw my chose Doctor in January and he told me the earliest he could fit me in was March 10 :) thats only 3 more sleeps! Very Very nervous, but probably the most excited ive been in a very very long time

I had to do 10 days Pre-op diet..which i found really hard cause i have the ability to eat solid foods...i'm just not allowed to, whereas when i get banded theres no way im gonna be able to eat a nice big steak *drools* lol But im feeling a lot stronger now. :smile2:

Wycole,

I've been watching your videos on Youtube. They're great and very informative for me as a preop person. I'm having my surgery on 3/22 and will be taking a week off. A coworker is having her lap-band placed on 3/30, so I really should get back (the only other person in our office is very new on the job). From your experience, a week seems to be about right? I have a very sedentary job so the surgeon thinks as long as I'm off the prescription pain medicine, I'll be good to go back in a week, but it's nice to hear from actual people how they feel about that!

Wycole,

I've been watching your videos on Youtube. They're great and very informative for me as a preop person. I'm having my surgery on 3/22 and will be taking a week off. A coworker is having her lap-band® placed on 3/30, so I really should get back (the only other person in our office is very new on the job). From your experience, a week seems to be about right? I have a very sedentary job so the surgeon thinks as long as I'm off the prescription pain medicine, I'll be good to go back in a week, but it's nice to hear from actual people how they feel about that!

For me a week seems to be plenty. Now, I am still a little sore but over all after I get out of bed in the morning and get moving I am fine.

Some people differ on the length of recovery before work but my advice would be that as long as you force yourself to really get moving often the first few days after surgery, a week would be fine to go back to a job like mine (or yours :smile2:) that doesn't require lifting or staying on your feet a lot. So if you want to ensure that you will feel up to going back in a week try to move as much as possible soon after surgery, it has really helped me :smile2: from what I can tell anyway.

Thanks for watching my youtube videos! I am glad it can be of some help to pre-oppers, I found it to be a great resource, as is lapbandtalk.com :)

congrats cynpatt on your surgery!!!

So day 4 post op and I took a 2 hour car ride to indianapolis and back to visit a friend...my grandma drove but still, I didn't expect to be feeling this good already! I am free of gas pains and am just a little sore in the ab muscles. I have only really felt a bit hungry in the mornings but luckily a Protein Shake cures that (special K Protein Shakes are awesome!)

I am proud of myself so far because my family has been eating around me and it doesn't bother me at all (I thought it would). I don't have the same appetite as I did before, which is awesome and although I am sure it will come back, its great for now!!

I am drinking all fluids just fine and I honestly can't believe it has only been 4 days!! I plan on going back to work on Monday but it will only be a 2 hour shift and I get to sit (I work at a tutoring center)

Stevie - did you get the LAP-BAND® or realize? either way, can early march bandsters feel your port yet (under the skin, obviously)? odd question maybe but I can't feel mine yet, could be because there's still swelling. just curious. :smile2:

looking forward to my first scale visit (my at home wii fit scale) on Tuesday!!

I got the Lap Band. not sure what CC it is or anything. But I too as well can not feel my port. My incisions are healing starting to get a little itchy. I am still having gas pains, but I am feeling much better. I believe that I push myself really hard throughout the day and cause pain and irritation at night, cause thats when I really feel it. I have no problem sitting in the car. My husband and I went to his bestfriends Gmom's funeral service yesterday, it was an hr away but we got lost for another hour. So I was in the car for about 3 or 4 hours. I was fine. I did bring my tylenol so I was prepared. My husband is going back to work today so he is going to bring me home some homemade Soup to enjoy! He is a chef at a well known( in my area) Italian resurant.:)

Hi all!

Well i first saw my chose Doctor in January and he told me the earliest he could fit me in was March 10 :smile2: thats only 3 more sleeps! Very Very nervous, but probably the most excited ive been in a very very long time

I had to do 10 days Pre-op diet..which i found really hard cause i have the ability to eat solid foods...i'm just not allowed to, whereas when i get banded theres no way im gonna be able to eat a nice big steak *drools* lol But im feeling a lot stronger now. :)

The pre op diet is a lot harder to do then the post op, because once your banded you dont feel the need to really eat food. I am 5 days post op and I dont fell like I am hungry ever. Its confusing because time will go by and I will have eaten nothing all day. I know that is nto goodd so I make sure I eat something. But I never know when I am hungry or not. But with the pre op diet, just think. It is to reduce the size of your liver for surgery, and if you cheat on your diet you could be cheating yourself out of surgery. SOme surgeons will not go through with the surgery if your liver doesnt shrink.:smile2:

Hi all!

Well i first saw my chose Doctor in January and he told me the earliest he could fit me in was March 10 :angry: thats only 3 more sleeps! Very Very nervous, but probably the most excited ive been in a very very long time

I had to do 10 days Pre-op diet..which i found really hard cause i have the ability to eat solid foods...i'm just not allowed to, whereas when i get banded theres no way im gonna be able to eat a nice big steak *drools* lol But im feeling a lot stronger now. :biggrin:

Awesome. I bet your excited! Mines in 12 sleeps :)!

I am so thrilled to see all of you that have got your band this month are doing so well!!! I know that the last time I posted I was pretty bummed that I could not get approved for the loan to have the surgery but all is well and I have found another way to get the money so it is a green light for the 25th!! I hope my surgery (and recovery) goes as well as all of yours.

I am so thrilled to see all of you that have got your band this month are doing so well!!! I know that the last time I posted I was pretty bummed that I could not get approved for the loan to have the surgery but all is well and I have found another way to get the money so it is a green light for the 25th!! I hope my surgery (and recovery) goes as well as all of yours.

GREAT!!!! I was hoping that you'd find a solution, you were so close to getting it done and I hated to see you being held back because of money issues!!! I'm so excited for you, I bet you feel relieved!

The pre op diet is a lot harder to do then the post op, because once your banded you dont feel the need to really eat food. I am 5 days post op and I dont fell like I am hungry ever. Its confusing because time will go by and I will have eaten nothing all day. I know that is nto goodd so I make sure I eat something. But I never know when I am hungry or not. But with the pre op diet, just think. It is to reduce the size of your liver for surgery, and if you cheat on your diet you could be cheating yourself out of surgery. SOme surgeons will not go through with the surgery if your liver doesnt shrink.:biggrin:

Yeah, i had a nightmare about not being able to go through with my surgery cause the doctor said my liver was too big...actually in my nightmare he said that it had grown lol so ive been keeping that very close in my mind. wow..only have one more sleep to go! Arrgh!:angry:

Awesome. I bet your excited! Mines in 12 sleeps :angry:!

Yeah im not sleeping, well not sleeping in the good way :biggrin: My doctor wanted me on 10 day of the pre-op diet and ive lost about 4kgs which is about 9 lbs so im happy with that, but i honestly just wanna get this thing started! these 10 days ive jsut felt hungry for, well most of it. I've never drunk so much Water in my life!

Wowsers! only 12 more sleeps for you! how you feeling about it all?

Yeah, i had a nightmare about not being able to go through with my surgery cause the doctor said my liver was too big...actually in my nightmare he said that it had grown lol so ive been keeping that very close in my mind. wow..only have one more sleep to go! Arrgh!:angry:

First I want to say congrats to finding me for being able to stick with it even tho financial issues became a cross road.

Missnell, I had nightmares that I was to "fat" to get it, but im usually one of the smaller individuals at the support groups. I guess I had nightmares because of my worse fear was being told I was too fat. I am under the 200 lbs mark and I am only 6 days post op!!!! I had lost 8 lbs the week before going into surgery. They didnt weigh me till after the surgery and it was at like 3am.... I had just gotten up and used the bathroom and did my little laps around the bariatric wing and they were like good you are up! let me get your weight. This was after they have been pumping me with Iv fluids alllll day and the extra gas from the procedure. so I was 201 when I got there and then I was 202 that night. I was like I have not gained a pound in 13 hours not eating or really drinking anything! The nurse was like its all the extra Water weight from the fluids, and the excess gas in my body! I was like woooooo!:biggrin:

GoodLuck to everyone whos procedure is coming up! I go for my 1 week post op on wednesday!

16 more sleeps for me! I start my pre-op diet on Thursday!

Finding me..so glad you found a solution after going through the whole process and to be stuck at the end...I was going to suggest you check out Mexico as a last resort.....their are alot of people who have been having their surgeries there and they have had alot of success...however..you dont need that anylonger and March 25th is right around the corner! So happy for you!

well...Ive been so buisy getting ready for surgery tomorrow that Ive been reading all the posts but havent had time to post myself!

To all those who had surgery last week......im so glad things went well and you are all feeling good!!! YOu GUYS ARE GREAT!!!

Thanks for all the updates...its been really helpful for me.....so thank you. You guys have made me alot less nurvous relaying your experiences.

Ive spent the week getting all my bills and paperwork in order. Buying everything that I need for the post-surgery diet and stacking the fridge and cupboards so that I wont have to go shopping for the house any time soon.

This weekend.....I spent one day.....getting waxed, haircut, highlights, manicure/ped. All the things that needed to get done that I never have time for and do them in dribs and crabs....but did it all in what I called the marathon beuty day! Cant go to the hospital with hairy legs!! (or anything else) Ill be exposed in who knows what way during surgery lol

Today....im getting my bag together dropping off paperwork...going to bed bath beyond....for the "Bullet" and filling my scripts that wil be needed post surgery......

worst..thing I think I have a cold...or my allegies are really bothering me!!! Like alot. Crossing my fingers!!!

well....just wanted to say to all those who had surgery last week....glad you are all doing well.....and for those who are having surgery along with me this week......

Good Luck and my prayers and thoughts are with all of you!

Jodi

NYSparklegirl - So glad to see you. I was getting worried since you had not posted in a while. So excited that your day is tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear from you on how things went.

Finding me..so glad you found a solution after going through the whole process and to be stuck at the end...I was going to suggest you check out Mexico as a last resort.....their are alot of people who have been having their surgeries there and they have had alot of success...however..you dont need that anylonger and March 25th is right around the corner! So happy for you!

well...Ive been so buisy getting ready for surgery tomorrow that Ive been reading all the posts but havent had time to post myself!

To all those who had surgery last week......im so glad things went well and you are all feeling good!!! YOu GUYS ARE GREAT!!!

Thanks for all the updates...its been really helpful for me.....so thank you. You guys have made me alot less nurvous relaying your experiences.

Ive spent the week getting all my bills and paperwork in order. Buying everything that I need for the post-surgery diet and stacking the fridge and cupboards so that I wont have to go shopping for the house any time soon.

This weekend.....I spent one day.....getting waxed, haircut, highlights, manicure/ped. All the things that needed to get done that I never have time for and do them in dribs and crabs....but did it all in what I called the marathon beuty day! Cant go to the hospital with hairy legs!! (or anything else) Ill be exposed in who knows what way during surgery lol

Today....im getting my bag together dropping off paperwork...going to bed bath beyond....for the "Bullet" and filling my scripts that wil be needed post surgery......

worst..thing I think I have a cold...or my allegies are really bothering me!!! Like alot. Crossing my fingers!!!

well....just wanted to say to all those who had surgery last week....glad you are all doing well.....and for those who are having surgery along with me this week......

Good Luck and my prayers and thoughts are with all of you!

Jodi

Good Luck Jodi, Ill keep you in my prays and I hope you have a safe and exciting journey. Just remember to WALK WALK WALK after surgery, or the gas pains wont go away!