Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

at home and doing well!

go to my youtube for my video update day 1 post-op...

www.youtube.com/lapbandchick2010

:(

Glad you are doing well! I am going on Mar. 24!

If you haven't already done so, please mark your date on this poll: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f22472/march-2010-only-please-110733/

Thanks!

Bob

:thumbup:So at home, I got sent home yesterday at 10:30 am after my swallow test. They had me sipping broth and eating Jello only 4 hours after surgery. It wasnt bad, just a lot of discomfort. I also found out that I had a hietal (sp?) Hernia that the Dr. took care of while in the OR. I was up and walking like a champ right away too. And they didnt even need to tell me that I needed to walk. SO far everything is great. Ive been a little confused whether I was hungry or full or anything. But I am getting the hang of it. My husband had me make him a bagel this am. And boy did I want a bite, but I didnt! They only perscribed me some liquid Tylenol with codine. Which is ok, it makes me super tired, and the incision site doesnt look bad at all. Im super excited to begin this journey and I hope everyone else is as well.

Hi: I too am being banded March 24th. Good luck and God Bless. Eileen

I am now day 2 post op and already I am feeling so much better! Not that I was feeling terrible yesterday but honestly I am excited at how well I am doing. I really don't feel like laying around all day but I am getting the rest I need, when I need it.

I am so excited for all of us March bandsters and for those towards the end of the month, don't worry, your day will be here before you know it!!!!

I love the fact that you updated youtube even though you just had surgery. Kudos! Now your incisions look a little different then mine, mine are hardly there. I do have the 5, and one is longer.are yours stitched or did the Dr. us dermabond as well?:smile2:

I am now day 2 post op and already I am feeling so much better! Not that I was feeling terrible yesterday but honestly I am excited at how well I am doing. I really don't feel like laying around all day but I am getting the rest I need, when I need it.

I am so excited for all of us March bandsters and for those towards the end of the month, don't worry, your day will be here before you know it!!!!

I love the fact that you updated youtube even though you just had surgery. Kudos! Now your incisions look a little different then mine, mine are hardly there. I do have the 5, and one is longer.are yours stitched or did the Dr. us dermabond as well?:w00t:

haha, I mostly want the youtube videos for my own documentation but I hope they can be of some help to others too.

I think I have dissolving stiches with steri-strips on top. and i think my incisions look a bit worse than they are cause of the steri-strips.

glad to hear everyone is doing well *march 1 and 2 bandsters*!! :smile2:

Glad to hear everyone is doing good.. Wlcoyle I am at work but I will check your youtube later :w00t:

I had my final Appt today.. Gained 5lbs :smile2: But I think its all these damn steriods i am on for a Bad sinus Infection. I told the Surgeon I will have those 5lb off before my surgery.. I also found out my surgery is 100% Covered and Approved! Yeppie :sad:

haha, I mostly want the youtube videos for my own documentation but I hope they can be of some help to others too.

I think I have dissolving stiches with steri-strips on top. and i think my incisions look a bit worse than they are cause of the steri-strips.

glad to hear everyone is doing well *march 1 and 2 bandsters*!! :smile2:

My incisions are jusy dermabonded(superglue for your skin) my Dr. is the director of bariatric surgery for the hospital that I went to. And he said for the best clearing up and chance to rid of all scarring he uses dermabond, Said that I should barely see anything and eventually withing the next year or two they will be completely gone.

Day 3 im a little sore. My shoulders are killing me. Ive been up and around a lot and I am going to my mothers for a little bit so she could see my son.Jayson(my son) is too young to know what is going on, he doesnt understand that I can no lift him right now. I tell him mommy has a boo boo. My husband has been wonderful support for me throughout the whole ordeal. He spent the night at the hospital with me even though he has serious issues with the hospital. Hes been changing and taking care our son.:w00t:

My incisions are jusy dermabonded(superglue for your skin) my Dr. is the director of bariatric surgery for the hospital that I went to. And he said for the best clearing up and chance to rid of all scarring he uses dermabond, Said that I should barely see anything and eventually withing the next year or two they will be completely gone.

Day 3 im a little sore. My shoulders are killing me. Ive been up and around a lot and I am going to my mothers for a little bit so she could see my son.Jayson(my son) is too young to know what is going on, he doesnt understand that I can no lift him right now. I tell him mommy has a boo boo. My husband has been wonderful support for me throughout the whole ordeal. He spent the night at the hospital with me even though he has serious issues with the hospital. Hes been changing and taking care our son.:smile2:

It sounds like you are doing great Stevie! Glad to hear it. How are you doing with eating/drinking? I'm going in on mar. 24 and cannot wait. Thanks for posting your updates, it really helps those of us that haven't gone.

My surgery was Tuesday as well. Thursday was my worst day as far as soreness and gas go. I felt great today. The fact that I had surgery 3 days ago slipped my mind until I attempted to lift a 38 pound bag of dog food.< /p>

Had to settle for a couple of smaller bags for now.

I don't feel any different when I drink either. I can still guzzle a half liter bottle of Water with no ill affects.

Glad you hear you are doing well btreiger! dont hurt yourself lifting too much...

It sounds like you are doing great Stevie! Glad to hear it. How are you doing with eating/drinking? I'm going in on mar. 24 and cannot wait. Thanks for posting your updates, it really helps those of us that haven't gone.

I am doing well. Today had probably been my worst day for not feeling well. I am confused as to when I am hungry or not. Not sure what all the gurgling and such is from my belly. The worst is the gas pains in my shoulders from the surgery. That and the fact that I need to clean my house but im not allowed to vaccum because of the constant motion. I am doing alright I am mobile. As for eating and drinking, i havent really eaten much. I am not hungry I do sip on Water and crystal light all day. So that is not bad. I am well in the car and I dont find it to be too uncomfortable, but sometimes i get dizzy and dont feel too right. I have moved on to full liquids because my Dr. only required 1 to 3 days on clear post op. and since I am day 4 I have held down some Protein supplements and such. If I over do it, that is when I do not feel good.:smile2:

Hi!

Just had my surgery yesterday. I originally started the process in July, but had to do 7 months of doctors visits to get approval. In the end, I think that the 7 months helped me get mentally ready.

The surgery went really well and was MUCH easier than I ever expected. Surgery time was 7:30 and I left the hospital by 4pm. I am drinking my liquids - 1oz every 15 minutes. Pretty boring, but I am not hungrey! I filled my pain RX, but never felt the need to take any meds either at home or at the hospital. I slept quite well last night. Today I am a little sore, but I was able to go to my daughter's basketball game and felt fine.

I took next week off from work - don't know what I am going to do with my time since SO much of it was spent at meals! I told my husband that I am not going to cook for the next few weeks - I think that is pretty fair!

Good luck to those who are still waiting for your surgery - I am very excited to go through this journey with all of you!

Cynthia:smile2:

congrats cynpatt on your surgery!!!

So day 4 post op and I took a 2 hour car ride to indianapolis and back to visit a friend...my grandma drove but still, I didn't expect to be feeling this good already! I am free of gas pains and am just a little sore in the ab muscles. I have only really felt a bit hungry in the mornings but luckily a Protein Shake cures that (special K Protein Shakes are awesome!)

I am proud of myself so far because my family has been eating around me and it doesn't bother me at all (I thought it would). I don't have the same appetite as I did before, which is awesome and although I am sure it will come back, its great for now!!

I am drinking all fluids just fine and I honestly can't believe it has only been 4 days!! I plan on going back to work on Monday but it will only be a 2 hour shift and I get to sit (I work at a tutoring center)

Stevie - did you get the lap band or realize? either way, can early march bandsters feel your port yet (under the skin, obviously)? odd question maybe but I can't feel mine yet, could be because there's still swelling. just curious. :smile2:

looking forward to my first scale visit (my at home wii fit scale) on Tuesday!!