Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hi all! Tomorrow is the big day for me! This magnesium citrate is causing the worst heartburn ever, though. Good luck to everyone!

Stevie...I hope that your husband will surpise you then by having the house cleaned? lol Glad you had a great day regardless.

Yes...March here we are....good luck on Tuesday all you March 2nd Bandsters!!

FindingMe....thats great that your daughter made the team and good luck on the preop diet!

Welcome "IwillSucceed" keep us posted and good luck!!

Okay.....so the weekend is over....for me anyways...tomorrow there is a carnival all day at school but I dont have to be there yea!!

Today..was actually alot of fun. We ran around giving and receiving but I have to say....the choc covered friut...the bestest idea...lol. Everyone loved it. Im glad...

The partys and dinner was really nice....and it just so happened that at dinner.....at our table...which was a family and Dassi and myself.....sat down this man.....who was single and good looking and well...I guess my age range...and he was very nice!!! Unfortunately he left before the end of the dinner....but it was nice to meet someone new for a change...Im just wondering why that happened is this a sign...to say...you know...your on your way to a new you....maybe its time to start socializing and meeting some new people. Who knows.

In any case..I have a new question. Shooting it out hoping someone can tell me the diff and if there is any or not!!! lol

Ive been researching the Protein Shakes, drinks, shots and powders oh and isolates.

Stevie...Ive checked out the site that you suggested and there were several others that sounded really good.

There are several different types of protein...however on most of the sites that Ive veiwed they offer "WHEY" Protein.

I remembered that when my daughter was a baby..the sensory O.T recommended that we give her "RICE" protein.

so....when looking at the differences...I find that there are several different sources. "WHEY" from Dairy...."SOY" vegetarian, "EGG", and "RICE". "Whey being the most popular and should not be in concentrate.

SO...

Question one....is the recommended popular...being "WHEY" because its the most easily digested?

Question two....does it matter whether its "WHEY" or "RICE" as "RICE" seems to me the best second choice as to quality and nutritionally and most available....Ive never seen "egg" and "SOY" seems problamatic these days as far as genetically engeneered seeds and the Increase on hormones causing poss cancer in woman.

So was wondering what the difference is and does it make a difference and why??

Do I really need this....does everyone supplement with all the above...and what about the Vitamins? ? Ive been looking at the differences between the vitamins that I have...which are high quality so I think...and the vitamins from all these sites...do they really make a difference and if I dont use the brands for bariatric patients...will I really loose my hair? ? etc etc?

oy......Im stuck on the "Stuff" I see....but want to be as prepared as possible for after surgery. I dont want to go out and start looking and researching after the fact...not a good thing...Also as I wont be able to send someone out to go and do this for me...except me...so might as well do it this week.

Its funny....my freinds..are concerned with my preperation of me....before surgery as I might never again be able to go out.;....lol like making sure to get a hair cut, manicure/pedicure, haircut, waxing done....highlights//etc etc and im like whattt?????? do you think I care about all the above?? who is going to see me???? I cant just shave??? whats wrong with my hair? I cant have nail polish. I have enough PJs and they will be clean.

Im thinking...of foods for me....and food prep for Dassi and setting up the cleaning girl, the dog walker, who is going to take Dassi to the bus off the bus and to all her activities and help her do homework? all the above?? Did I ever have time for those luxuries ever???? lol

Im allready thinking I best start going shopping for passover. I dont even have time to shower for more then 10 min. at a time...I think..maybe Ill allow myself a few more min for a quick shave....the night before and Ill be READY!

well....okay enough....its late and tomorrow is another day for preperation.

Thanks so much for all of your input and responses....I truly believe its because of you all....that I will be prepared...and not worried and...in the end successful.

Of course you all might need prozac at the end of the next two weeks but....I thank you in advance...(silly me)

Have a great night all.. and a wonderful week!!!

Jodi

I am not sure about the protein shakes. I have Isopure liquid for my clear liquid days, then I have huge tubs of Isopure powder that my husbands aunt gave me since she is 2 years post op. The are still good till next year. And the ticket price on the tubs is $68.99 so luckily I am saving this money. I know Isopure is not the most appetizing stuff on the market, but I looked up bariatric Protein Shake recipes and someone said 1/2 c. low fat chocholate sorbet, 1 banana, 1 1/2 TBSP low fat creamy Peanut Butter, a dash of skim milk, and 1 1/2 scoop creamy vanilla isopure protein powder.. Blend in a blender and no only is it low in calories. but it tastes delicious. I just used plain milk with the isopure powder and it tasted awful.

So this is it, count down, in 12 hours I will be at the hospital. I received my phone call confirming what time I have to be at the hosp in the am. 6:30 am. Ugh not looking forward to having to shower tonight and again at 5am. :w00t:

good luck all you March 2nd bandsters!!!!

8 hours and I am at the hospital!

Thanks for everyone's support - post again once I got the band!!! :w00t:

Good luck tomorrow... (I subcribed to your youtube channel) Cant wait to watch your progress. I cant sign on to post a comment there..

That's awesome! Glad you found my youtube channel. I have found watching other people's journeys via youtube as a great resource. It's motivating and informational!

everyone should check it out. my channel is www.youtube.com/lapbandchick2010 but in general you can just search lap band on youtube and you'll find loads of people documenting their journey through video.

Leaving for the hospital in 30 minutes! Thanks again, everyone, for the well wishes! :w00t:

OMG! I'm so excited for you, you will do great, you have the positive attitude that's gonna make this a piece of cake! :w00t: Did i just say that? LOL sorry! Wishing you a quick recovery can't wait to hear from you on the other side, I'll be joining you on March 11th!:)

Thanks for all of the wishes folks.

4.5 hours until I report to the hospital and I am still not excited. I slept like a baby last night.

I'll give a full report when I get back.

Good luck to all of the others going today!! I'll see you on the other side.

LOL btrieger nerves of steel huh? good for you, i wish you the best, how long is the drive to where your having the surgery done?

LOL btrieger nerves of steel huh? good for you, i wish you the best, how long is the drive to where your having the surgery done?

I don't know if my nerves are steel or not but the extra weight has caused me plenty of pain, how much worse can this be.

I've got about a 45 minute drive. I live in Northern Fort Worth and the hospital is 35 miles north in Decatur. I am bringing a pillow to brace again my abdomen on the way home as suggested.

Congrats to all of you getting banded today!!! Can't wait to see you post again.

Tomorrow's the Big Day for me. Not sure what time my surgery is slated for (I have to call today between 3-6:30pm)

Surprisingly, I'm not that nervous. The real test will be when I try to fall asleep tonight.

Good Luck to all and just remember: "We can Do it!!!"

I had my surgery yesterday. They came in and said they were going to give me something to relax me and then put me to sleep in the operating room. I do not remember anything after that. When I woke up I was a little disoriented and only the slightest bit of nausea. I never threw up. They gave me something. The made me start drinking Water right away. I also had 2 sugar free popsiciles - that helped a lot. I was pretty comfortable. There was some burning just below my breatbone (like indigestion). The doctor said that it was from the manipulation of the stomache required to put on the band and that it would get better. They let me come home. I slept off and on a lot of the day. My stomach is sore this morning. I am sticking to the liquids. The told me water (flavored it OK), jell-o, unsweetened juice, and broth. I did want something warm this morning and I had some diet hot chocolate with protien. I drank it and had no problem....actually feel a little more full and not as deprived. I did pick up the house a little ....always a sign I'm on the mend. I have a desk job and I'm really hoping to go back to work in the next day or two.:thumbup:

Hey all

My surgery is March 15th- cant believe its approaching soon. Today is second day on liquids. I have the blessing of being busy and involved with school so things are happening before I can process them and worry too much(or maybe I just decided to take life that way...). I am still a functional human being despite being only on liquids (much to my surprise and delight..) I have a great liquid to recommend to you all- 100% whey Protein Shake, Kosher dairy, 24 grams of Protein per serving 135 cal a serving in all flavors. I mix it with milk, Water, soy milk, vanilla milk- whatever makes the calorie cut and is diverse. I will be going home next week- all checkups still remain...

Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March Bandsters ROCK!:thumbup:

I had my surgery yesterday. They came in and said they were going to give me something to relax me and then put me to sleep in the operating room. I do not remember anything after that. When I woke up I was a little disoriented and only the slightest bit of nausea. I never threw up. They gave me something. The made me start drinking Water right away. I also had 2 sugar free popsiciles - that helped a lot. I was pretty comfortable. There was some burning just below my breatbone (like indigestion). The doctor said that it was from the manipulation of the stomache required to put on the band and that it would get better. They let me come home. I slept off and on a lot of the day. My stomach is sore this morning. I am sticking to the liquids. The told me water (flavored it OK), jell-o, unsweetened juice, and broth. I did want something warm this morning and I had some diet hot chocolate with protien. I drank it and had no problem....actually feel a little more full and not as deprived. I did pick up the house a little ....always a sign I'm on the mend. I have a desk job and I'm really hoping to go back to work in the next day or two.:thumbup:

Doing a happy dance for you!!! So glad everything went so well!!!! Keep us posted and take it easy!!!:thumbup:

Good Luck to everyone getting banded this week! Today I am going to my PCP to get my blood work, EKG and the rest of my pre-op tests. On Friday, I'm going to my cardiologist for a checkup and his clearance. The days can't pass fast enough.

Seminar Date: 02/17/10

Consultation: 02/25/10

Surgery Date: 03/26/10

weight.png