Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hello,

My name is LaQuita and I am 'new' to this board. BUT I am not a new bander. I was banded in August of 08. I am 5'2 and weighed 241.

The first fill I was supposed to have, I couldn't have b/c the port had sliped and turned sideways. The Dr could not access it for the fill.

I had to have surgery again 6 weeks later so the Dr could secure the port with more stitches.

I had lost over 40+ pounds (down to 198) before I had my next set of problems with my band.

I got to 7cc and started throwing up so the Dr took out 4 cc, waited a ferw months and we started back again.

I got up to 7cc again and this time I started throwing up and wouldn't stop. My Dr couldnt see me so me sent me to the ER to have a raiologist take it ALL out. We did this the week before Christmas.

I saw the Dr the first week of January and he said that the radiologist said my and had silpped from all the throwing up.

So, now that this has happened twice I am having a band revision. This time he will use the Relaize band on me. He is taking the 'other' one out and putting this one in on March 1st.

I have since gained back some of the weight I had lost, from being able to eat more than I should. I am now at 225.

I am an emotional eater, we have a special needs child at home (she is 20 years old) . I am her primary caregiver.

I NEED encouragment especially since I feel that I have had so much trouble with my first band. Any encouragment that anyone can give me

WILL BE GREATLY appreciated.!!

Thanks so much

LaQuita

www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Sorry to hear about all your problems LaQuitaV. I am getting the realize band as well.. Wish you the best of luck!

Welcome! My surgery date is March 9th!! I don't know anyone who has had the surgery, but am going to start going to a monthly support group to meet others.

"Can't wait to begin the journey!"

I root for K-State as well, but not when they are playing KU :confused: I remember being a kid and watching KU play KSU and at that time I was a huge Rolondo Blackman fan and they lost in the finals to KU. Our family was divided 3 on 3...now we all pretty much root for KU, but KSU is still in our hearts!!!

I live in southeast Kansas now, but was born and raised in Topeka and actually graduated from Holton!

I grew up in Olathe and now live just south of there. I root for K-State because my husbands family is a big K-State family. My brother-in-law teachs there and my sister-in-law use to work there but I am not sure what she did. I also wanted to go to school there but never made it to college. Some day though when the kids are a little older (they are 13, 5, and 3).

Dr. Malley is doing my surgery and I really like his office and his staff is so nice. I went to a support group that his office hosts last week and loved it.

Welcome! My surgery date is March 9th!! I don't know anyone who has had the surgery, but am going to start going to a monthly support group to meet others.

I went to a support group last Saturday and it was so much fun and so encouraging. I learned a lot. I hope you have a great time. Let us know if you learn any tips.

Happy Thursday evening all,

Today was a good day!! My husband and I joined a fitness club. We worked out for about an hour and half which was not bad for our first time at it. I feel good, nothing hurts.....yet!! I am going to go at least five times a week, maybe even seven depends on how things work out time wise!! Hope everyone has had a good week so far!!

Hey Suzy Q! Is it just me or does March 9th seem like it is soooooo far away!!!!!! I absolutley can't wait for my surgery!!!!!!:confused::biggrin::confused::biggrin::wink:

Can someone please tell me how to add the tickerfactory baqnners on my page. Some of these are really cute and i'd like to have one too.:confused:

Thanks

So I am sitting here at work typing up a report listening to my tunes on my Zune and it just put a smile on my face. I am a fan of all music but love me some good ol' county music. Anyway on pops a song about going fishing and all that fun outdoor stuff that I loved as a kid that I realized I do not do with my kids. Sad right so why the smile.....because I know that soon very, very soon I will be able to do all those things with my kids and enjoy it and not get tired just walking from the house to the pond to fish. Oh, and maybe, just maybe, I can talk my husband into a horse when I get to goal as a woo hoo you did it gift. The only reason I don't now is because 1. I would never haul my 338 lb butt up onto the back of the horse (poor horse) and 2. I don't have the energy to take care of one the way it would need to be and he is to busy taking care of the cows and chickens to mess with another animal. Smiles!!! I hope everyone has a great Friday...back to work I go.

Can someone please tell me how to add the tickerfactory baqnners on my page. Some of these are really cute and i'd like to have one too.:sad:

Thanks

I have no idea but would like one as well. I am almost sure that I have gained some weight since my last appt and so on Monday I am going to start a faux pre-op diet. SlimFast for Breakfast and lunch and smart one for dinner. I will then snack on veggies, fruit and cheese. Wow that got a little off subject. Anyway I will see what I can do about finding one on my break here at work and get back to you.

Can join up?? My surgery date is March 17th and I feel isolated because I dont know anyone who's had it....

You are in the right place! Your surgery is 2 days after mine. Good Luck~! I just keep checking this thread every few days or so, it's helpful to see I'm not in this alone. We're all nervous, excited, anxious and scared. Some days one emotion more than others!!!

Can someone please tell me how to add the tickerfactory baqnners on my page. Some of these are really cute and i'd like to have one too.:sad:

Thanks

If you search it with in the LapBandTalk website you can find

Tutorials to help you out.

Hi guys,

If you double click on someones you can make your own. At least that is what I did to add one to mine!!!!!!! Good luck!!

Hi guys,

If you double click on someones you can make your own. At least that is what I did to add one to mine!!!!!!! Good luck!!

Well heck that was super easy!!! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats to everyone!! I am schedules for March 31 and CANNOT wait!! I am waiting to get my sugar levels down (I have diabetes type II) before we can go ahead!

Starting weight: 278

First appointment: 258

Current Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 160

Edited by Ashley08