Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring into March 2010 Bandsters

Hello Everyone,

First things first.. I am excited about starting my life over or beginning a new Journey which ever statement you would prefer. I am only 23 (yes, I know rather young to be banded) But there are so many issues medically in my families history that requires me to take charge of my life.

My tentative surgery date is right around the corner. March 2, 2010. I am just waiting on the insurance to accept. My last office visit was 2/9/10, and they said they will know within 5 to 7 days.SO I am just waiting on the lucky piece of paper to come in the mail finalizing my surgery date and bootcamp date.

My procedure will be funded if accepted by the insurance company.

Welcome StevieVieth!!! How exciting to get a surgery date so fast. Good luck with your insurance. Hope you hear something soon.

I am younger then you- I think its a good idea- we get the chance to start our lives over much earlier in the game:)

Hello Everyone,

First things first.. I am excited about starting my life over or beginning a new Journey which ever statement you would prefer. I am only 23 (yes, I know rather young to be banded) But there are so many issues medically in my families history that requires me to take charge of my life.

My tentative surgery date is right around the corner. March 2, 2010. I am just waiting on the insurance to accept. My last office visit was 2/9/10, and they said they will know within 5 to 7 days.SO I am just waiting on the lucky piece of paper to come in the mail finalizing my surgery date and bootcamp date.

Sorry- Im not so great at this posting thing- I am younger then you should go here...

Hi all....

To start us off....Ill begin with a little about myself.

I had joined the thread Feb Bandsters...however...Ive been booted to March...as I am being treated for sleep apnea....so I needed to push back surgery date from Feb 8th to March 15th..hoping it stays there!!

Im hoping to connect with others that are on a similar time frame for surgery, for support, advice, education, encouragement and just to shoot the breeze...to share experiences from the first consult if needed to way after being banded...lets get together and share this journey the good, bad and the ugly of it all!!

so.....lets get to know you....by answering some questions that was asked of me before....im passing them on through this group....it was a great beginning. Ill start.

Date of Surgery: March 16th

Where Surgery will be: NY

Doctor/Center: New York Bariatric Group

Dr. Holover/Manhasset

Seminar date: January 2009

1st consult date: Dec 30th, 2009

2nd consult: Feb 3rd, 2010

Consults and tests completed: Cardiologist. Pulmonologist, Endocronologist, Sleep Study, Nutritionist, Endoscopy

Tests still needed: Psych test

How is surgery funded? Insurance

Concerns? How will I ever be able to re-educate my brain to eat differently

Reason for banding? See thread in "Introductions"for NYSparklegirl.

And we have the same date should go here

Hello Everyone,

I am in the same boat...I called my insurance company yesterday and they said it was still "open" which means they're still reviewing everything in my case. I had my appointment last wednesday Feb. 10th, so hopefully I will know something by the end of the week...waiting is really the hardest part of all...:biggrin:

I am in the same boat...I called my insurance company yesterday and they said it was still "open" which means they're still reviewing everything in my case. I had my appointment last wednesday Feb. 10th, so hopefully I will know something by the end of the week...waiting is really the hardest part of all...:biggrin:

Yeah waiting is the toughest part... I am just so excited. 2 weeks till the tentative date, and if everything with the insurance company goes well. Then it will be 2 weeks till the deffinant date. I had to go through the 6 month monitored diet, so I have been anticipating this day since last July. I went to the monthly support group last night. I think it really helps with support if you are not getting any from your family. My husband is 100% by my side, but some other family members just need to not know because of the fat that they may not approve .

I am sad :biggrin: My surgery Date got moved... Its now March 19.. Guess the Doctor is out of town March 12.. Nothing like waiting 3 weeks before to tell someone...

Liftingchic....I am sorry your date got move but at least it was only a week. You will still get your band and all will be well. Chin up girl. :biggrin:

Yes I am sorry to hear that your date got moved too. I hope that doesnt happen to me last minute. I am actually calling they office today to see if they heard anything. Just so I can make sure I have someone to watch my son on the 25th for my bootcamp if it is deffinant.

I am sad :thumbup: My surgery Date got moved... Its now March 19.. Guess the Doctor is out of town March 12.. Nothing like waiting 3 weeks before to tell someone...

Don't feel bad my date was originally suppose to be Feb. 23rd and they moved it to March 1...with only a two week notice!!! It will be here before you know it!:biggrin:

Hey all,

Snowing again today in NY. I was going to see the psych today but decided not to . I'm not much for taking the bus & train and definitely didn't want to navigate all of that today with snow on top of snow on the ground. I've already broken my ankle 2x in the last few years. I think that's another result of my weight.

I'm a little depressed today. I went to the mall yesterday with my DH. I wanted to buy a Coach wallet that i had been looking at and a bag .

Have you ever just felt invisible? That's how I feel, invisible.

I'm standing in the store with my big down coat on and my long matronly skirt to hide my fat and my boots on and I just feel invisible standing there waiting to be helped and being ignored and I feel inside that's it's because of my dowdy , fat body now. After I finally got someone to wait on me I went across to the MAC store and same thing except as I walked in one of the young girls says "hello M'am" UGHHHH!!!

How did I ever get here? How did get so fat that I'm having surgery to help me solve this problem?

I have been told my whole life how pretty I am and then it turned to you have such a pretty face. Now all I feel is fat and unattractive.

OK, I just had to vent somewhere. I'm too embarassed to tell my DH how I feel and my friends would never understand.

Thanks Finding me!... The Price does include all the fills if I could go to the Clinic in Toronto... But I live in Alberta so they have teamed up with a Dr. here... I heard the Dr. only charges $75 a fill, so its not too bad. Eventually I'm hoping the Government will allow private Dr.'s offices in our Province and they can open a clinic.

msdv.....I wish I could give you a big hug. I think we can all relate to how you are feeling or at least I can. But you know what it is ok and you are ok. You know why.....because you realize that you need the help to lose the weight and you are doing something about it. We are in this battle together and we are going to win. And next time you are in that store you demand their attention! You hold your head up high and make sure they see you and if they pretend they don't make sure you make a stick to get them to wait on you!!! lol...and as far as being called m'am take it as a it is a generic greeting. I answer phones all day long and that is how we address everyone regarless of there age. be it 60, 23, 45, or 98.