Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just ran a 1/2 marathon on Jan 17 2010!!!

Let me start off by saying I never would have imagined I would want to...or even in that matter try to run a 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles)! BUT I am happy and very proud to say that I did. I ran 12 1/2 miles without walking and then needed a little slow down for a minute so I could sprint the last bit. My finishing time for the Arizonas PF Chang rock N roll 1/2 marathon was 2 hours and 42 minutes flat!!!!!! It was such an amazing and emotional journey that I had to share it with all of you. I just feel that the mayo banditos can truely relate to the ups and downs that weight plays in your life, and that being able to run 13.1 miles is such an accomplishment! I just thankyou all for being there to share these moments with! please post your amazing accomplishments here (ones you never dreamed you could do, but are doing now)!

p.s. if the picture comes up im the tall red head

post-264775-13813139071691_thumb.jpg

Wow, Less-of-Me, that is one AMAZING accomplishment!!! :) You deserve to be so proud of yourself! I do not love (or even like) to run. But my best friend, who had the Lap Band surgery at the same time I did, just inspired me into joining her on a 5K mud run in the fall. So we start training next week. We're going to buy some good running shoes and go from there. Since I have not established a good exercise routine, I'm thinking this will get my rear in gear (literally)! So, you are an awesome role model for me, as you accomplished about 3 times the distance I'm going for. And in an incredible time - WOW!!! Congratulations :)

Im very excited for you Mamadot! 5K (3 mile run) is amazing! Im sure you will do fantastic, especially if you are like me and never dreamed of doing this before! But I can't even describe the feeling you get once you have accomplished it! Make sure and let me know how you do! I will be rooting you on!!!! Keep up the great work!

LOM, that is so awesome!!! :):thumbup::tongue: I can't even imagine running nowadays, let alone a 1/2 marathon. I did run one back when I was in high school, and I remember it being sooo long. Ugh. So, kudos to you. You are an inspiration!! :biggrin:

Thank you Ann! I am officially addicted to running! I am signed up to do another 1/2 marathon March 5th, and then Im doing one in San Diego June 6th, them Las Vegas December 5th,... and the January 16 2011 I will be doing the FULL MARATHON (26.2 Miles)! This is definatly helping with weightloss. I moved into wonderland the day after the race and lost another pound last week. I think I would have lost a lot more but I have gained a lot of muscle in my legs!!! I just challenge everyone to find an activity you love persue it with all your heart and you will see great rewards on the scale!!!

WOW!!! What an inspiration you are! That's amazing!!!! You have definately inspired me to get moving! Exercise and chocolate are my biggest downfalls! Gotta get in gear! Thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work!!!:thumbup:

How amazing... You are an inspiration! I always wanted to be a runner..

Wow! Standing Ovation!!! That is so awesome. I used to love to run but right now my knees are to weak. I am hoping as I lose weight the will get better. I think it is great that you have found an activity that you love to do so much, and it gives you a great excuse to travel a little bit. I agree, we should all find an activity we love and put our whole heart into it...now just to find what that is.

Well I wanted to update my marathon status. I ran another 1/2 marathon on saturday the 6th of march. This one was a bigger challenge then the last one. In the first 6 miles there was an elevation increase of 1000 ft! wow did that ever burn!. I ran the whole 13.1 miles. My time was 3 min slower then the last one I did in january but considering I was running up hill I am very happy. I completed it in 2 hours and 45 min! my next one is in San Diego june 6th! hoipefully my time will be much better!

Congrats........That is fantastic...........:sad::thumbup:

Awesome!!! Way to go!!! :sad::thumbup::wub::thumbup::)

Congratulations! I am so impressed. I never could run even when I was youg.

GOOD FOR YOU!

Thats awesome congrats!!!! I miss running so much, I used to be so fast lol... b/c of my hip I can't, although I had a "good day" the other day and ran across the street with my son who was so happy for me. Small potatoes, a whole 20 ft, but it's a start.... Good luck on your next one, we'll be cheering you on!

Hi

Congratulations on your accomplishment. I live in AZ to. I want to do the one in San Diego but I keep trying to talk myself out of it. Keep up the good work.

Thankyou for all the encouragements! You all are wonderful! I feel great after this last marathon and I am working on my speed for the San Diego marathon! I do not have a natural gift for running it is a struggle every time I run but I tell myself I can push myself to new hights! Thats what this journey has taught me, I need to change my life and push myself out of my comfort zone so that I never go back to the person I was 9 months ago! Knowing I have a race coming up keeps me running and working out which in turn losing weight. But the hard thing lately is that the scale is going down so slowly but that is because I have gained a lot of muscle. I have dropped several pant sizes but I seem to more focus on the number on the scale (silly I know)! But running has been a release for me and a the marathons dreams that were always going to be unattainable untill I made a real change not only with this "tool" but with what I did with my body itself!

Sorry I guess I started rambling but the point is thankyou for all the encouraging words...this group is the best!