Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

chicago bandsters reunite 2010

Hi Maria, sorry for the late response, read you guys post and would love for us to get together, saturdays work for me. Weekdays are a little difficult gotta get grandkid off the school bus. Yes I said "grandkids" don't worry I'm a really young granny. lol

Let me know when it's a good time for everyone interested to get together.

Alright Ladies... we need to get this ball rolling!!! What Saturday works for you?!?! AND any suggestions of where we should meet?

Hope to hear from you soon wink.gif

-Maria

I just had surgery 2 days ago. If you guys want another person to join you for lunch, let me know. I'd be happy to meet other bandsters.

Alright Ladies... we need to get this ball rolling!!! What Saturday works for you?!?! AND any suggestions of where we should meet?

Hope to hear from you soon wink.gif

-Maria

I just had surgery 2 days ago. If you guys want another person to join you for lunch, let me know. I'd be happy to meet other bandsters.

Hey!!! Welcome to the other side biggrin.gif... and we would love for you to join us, the more the merrier laugh.gif. Where did you get banded?

Oh, and I just need to know what saturday works for everyone...I can do any saturday except for 12/25 & 1/1

Hi, I'm Cheri. I live in THornton and work in the Roseland community. Been banded since June of 09 amd have been maintaining a 75-80 lb weight loss. However, I am struggling and also looking for friends who like to have fun. I would be willing to meet for lunch on next Saturday, Jan. 8. How about Blueberry Fields (I think thats its name). It's in South Holland, which is the 159th St. exit but is actually 162nd St. It's a Breakfast lunch place, quite good, can get our Protein there.

Cheri

Hi Maria,

I have been fine in the last few months, the first four months was kind of rough. I couldn't eat very much at all, so I lost nearly 70lbs during that period of time. Now that I'm able to eat and keep it down my weight loss has tapered off, I'm holding steady at the 70lbs down :frown:.

I live in the south suburbs (Richton Park) but I'm very familiar with Humbolt Park, in fact I used to live there many years ago. I'm in the city quite often as most of family still live in and around chicago. Maybe we can meet for lunch sometimes.

Hey there...I just found this IL board a few minutes ago...I grew up in Olympia Fields! It seems like hardly meet anyone who lives out that way! : )

I'll be having my surgery next month.. have you guys planned getting together or anything??.. maybe we can start planning something for like even once a month or something and go do a different place in different parts of the city or burbs each time??

Hi, I am very early on in the process (Pre-op) but I would love to meet you guys and hear about your experiences!

P.S. I live in Wicker Park, right next to Humboldt Park.

Okay, I'd love to e-chat for support in Chicago as well. Had my surgery at Mercy Hospital and must say, that my experience was very positive! I've been working with the dietian to help build up the monthly support group meetings. I just started attending in January and attendance has been low. If you are interested in helping to build this group up, the next meeting is on the 1st Tuesday in March @ 6p in the Doctor's Office Center - Auditorium.

Okay, now that we've all expressed our hearty ethusiasm to connect here... LET'S DO IT!! B) Ready...? Set...? Post...!!!

Hey!!!! I'm still here if anyone needs support, has questions or wants to meet up in the city laugh.gif

Hi Maria. I just found this thread. Just thought I'd give you a quick update on me. May6th I completed my pre-op testing and today i started my liquid diet. so far so good. cant believe my surgery is in 2weeks!!! yikes!!! hope all is well with you!

I haven't been on here in a long time. I started a post a while back about a support group but it really never went anywhere. This past Sunday has been 2 yrs since my surgery and I am happy to say I've lost 227 lbs. But I am always looking for people to share stories, experiences, struggles and accomplishments with. It's tough to just talk to your friends about it, because even though they can be very supportive, they just don't know what you're really going through. Anyone willing to exchange thoughts by email or even getting a group of people together and meeting up that would be great.

I haven't been on here in a long time. I started a post a while back about a support group but it really never went anywhere. This past Sunday has been 2 yrs since my surgery and I am happy to say I've lost 227 lbs. But I am always looking for people to share stories, experiences, struggles and accomplishments with. It's tough to just talk to your friends about it, because even though they can be very supportive, they just don't know what you're really going through. Anyone willing to exchange thoughts by email or even getting a group of people together and meeting up that would be great.

Hi!

I was banded Nov 22, 2010. I am so impressed with your weight loss in 2 years!! That is so amazing!! I'd love to be a part of a Chicago support group. You are correct about trying to talk about it with those (though supportive) who don't really understand what you're dealing with. I've been at plateau for a few weeks because I recently had some major changes in my life and I've been more focused on that. I want to get back on track and a supportive boost would be helpful. How do we do this?