Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other bento-box enthusiasts here?

I've been making bento boxes for a couple of years now...to the point that it borders on mild obsession and it just occurred to me that bento boxes are (luckily) basically the

perfect for people with lap bands!

Tiny, gorgeous boxes, carefully filled with visually stunning, nutritionally dense, interesting food, and they're designed to be portable- what could be more appropriate for people who rely on Portion Control and careful nutrition?

Bento boxes are practically tailor made for people with lap bands!

I had a short period where I was only making my husband's lunch bentos and for some reason I wasn't making my own between the surgery and a few days ago (first fill).

I guess I didn't know what do do and had to learn about how to eat again.

But after I thought about it I realized that bento-ing is actually what I really need to be doing in the long term...

so I'm over the moon because it's one of my favorite things to do and I'm so glad it's so appropriate for my weight loss agenda, so bring on the kyaraben!!

I have over 100 pics of my bentos I think I'll start a website about it.

Any other bento box people here?

Any other "bandits" have an entire section of their kitchen devoted to cute little lunch boxes, ornate toothpicks and little sauce containers from Japan?

I'd be shocked if other bandsters weren't bento boxing.

It's just..so...perfect!! :thumbup:

Yes, I love love love Bento! I will upload some pics later when I have the time/inclination.

Bento is a fun, healthful way to balance your food intake since it has several areas for different foods.

Have you been to flickr to view others bento creations? There are some really artistic people out there.

I also think a restraunt specializing in healthy bento lunches to go would be a money maker.

Oh yeah there is some great inspiration on flickr and all over the web! I used "google translate" a lot for the Japanese sites too.

I should post photos of some of my boxes there too.

I keep forgetting!!

Edit!

Better late than never!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36429845@N04/sets/72157623092300551/

Edited by Razorgirl

I'm just discovering bento boxes now as I wait for the approval and surgery date... I've decided to make bento box lunches as many days as I can till the surgery, to keep me eating heathier. Looking forward to using the small containers after the surgery too!! :)

I got the laptop lunch bento box that eggface recommended on her site. i absolutely love it and it's easier to use.

So... do any of you have a bento blog?

I love my laptop lunchboxes! I make them for my husband, myself, and my two boys when we go somewhere. Would love to see photos of some bentos, though. Need some new ideas. Any of you ladies have a blog or such with your photos?

Crystaldmm

I don't even know what a bento box is?!!!

I've been making bento boxes for a couple of years now...to the point that it borders on mild obsession and it just occurred to me that bento boxes are (luckily) basically the

perfect for people with lap bands!

Tiny, gorgeous boxes, carefully filled with visually stunning, nutritionally dense, interesting food, and they're designed to be portable- what could be more appropriate for people who rely on Portion Control and careful nutrition?

Bento boxes are practically tailor made for people with lap bands!

I had a short period where I was only making my husband's lunch bentos and for some reason I wasn't making my own between the surgery and a few days ago (first fill).

I guess I didn't know what do do and had to learn about how to eat again.

But after I thought about it I realized that bento-ing is actually what I really need to be doing in the long term...

so I'm over the moon because it's one of my favorite things to do and I'm so glad it's so appropriate for my weight loss agenda, so bring on the kyaraben!!

I have over 100 pics of my bentos I think I'll start a website about it.

Any other bento box people here?

Any other "bandits" have an entire section of their kitchen devoted to cute little lunch boxes, ornate toothpicks and little sauce containers from Japan?

I'd be shocked if other bandsters weren't bento boxing.

It's just..so...perfect!! :thumbup:

I just followed the link from Eggface's blog to Bento Boxes for sale before I read this thread. Now I have researched Bento Boxes on you tube. When you talk about Bento Boxes and photos are you talking about the cute creations like the Japaneese or just using the boxes?

I just received my Bento Box this week-so excited!! I love the way you can make interesting lunches that are healthy too! Too often we tend to eat the same boring foods and this forces us to think outside the box (no pun intended!). Please share all pics and any website on the boxes as I am a newbie with these : )

The boxes are expensive-but hopefuly worth it!!

Hi Razorgirl.

I just sat through your bento slideshow... wow, beautiful, tempting little works of art!

I'm just having liquids today and my tummy grumbled louder than the thunder outside lol.

Thanks for sharing.

xxx

Oh yeah there is some great inspiration on flickr and all over the web! I used "google translate" a lot for the Japanese sites too.

I should post photos of some of my boxes there too.

I keep forgetting!!

Edit!

Better late than never!!

http://www.flickr.co...57623092300551/

I'm looking forward to using my bento boxes once my mushie time is done with. The small containers, it will be a pleasure to plan my foods and take them to work all fit together so neatly.

I don't make smiley faces or whatever ... maybe someday. For now I just like how it all goes together...

Bumping an old thread. I LOVE bentos! My lap band blog is slowly evolving into a bento showcase. Anyone else have a blog/ pinterest full of bento ideas? I find that many regular bento blogs include a bunch of food I can't eat (bread, tortilla, rice). thefatgirlthin.blogspot.com

Ooooooo. Please share any/all sites. Thanks

I am also intrigued with bento...mainly for my 10 year olds lunch because i want to make sure she is getting a well balanced meal....but i never considered it for myself..hmmm although there are so many to choose from and how many compartments do i need anyway. Thanks for the tip...i am going to get a bento ( or something similar).