Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2010 bandsters...

Hey guys! Are you using a web site to track your calories?? I use Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. It has been a life saver!! I stopped losing for a while and realized it's because I was only consuming 800-1000 calories. So my body was in starvation mode. As soon as I upped it to 1200 I started dropping weight again. Make sure you track it. It is essential!! Also, is you exercise (which we ALL need to do) then make sure you allot for that too. I try to burn anywhere from 200-400 calories working out per day. So If I burned 300 calories, then I need to eat 1500 that day.

Try it out, it's awesome! :eek:

hey all! I was banded 1/29 and i just got my first fill today!!!

hi, does everyone have to lose weight before their surgery, is it a insurance thing or dr. ordered? Karen B

I'm pretty sure it is only for insurance purposes. I was self pay and didn't need to lose any weight before. I think they feel if you are paying that much money you will be very motivated to lose the weight and be successful.

Hey guys! Are you using a web site to track your calories?? I use Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. It has been a life saver!! I stopped losing for a while and realized it's because I was only consuming 800-1000 calories. So my body was in starvation mode. As soon as I upped it to 1200 I started dropping weight again. Make sure you track it. It is essential!! Also, is you exercise (which we ALL need to do) then make sure you allot for that too. I try to burn anywhere from 200-400 calories working out per day. So If I burned 300 calories, then I need to eat 1500 that day.

Try it out, it's awesome! :cursing:

Another great site is myplate livestrong. I found this after reading it on this site and you're right, it is important to make sure you're eating enough, you will lose weight much faster when you see what you're eating and look at everything like calories, Protein, carbs, fat, etc.

I'm pretty sure it is only for insurance purposes. I was self pay and didn't need to lose any weight before. I think they feel if you are paying that much money you will be very motivated to lose the weight and be successful.

A lot of insurance agencys require you lose weight before hand to show that you are making a lifestyle change and are ready to take it seriously. although, my insurance didnt require that tho

I am 8 weeks post op and down 18 lbs, 3 BMI points and yestrday got my 2nd fill. I am now at 3.5 cc's. I had my 1st PB last night. So I guess that is what restriction feels like. lol. My fiance thought it was hilarious that I was excited about PBing my chicken up. I was excited because I have never felt the restriction before. I was a ALRIGHT FINALLY moment. I felt the sliming and wner to restroom and came out a min later going ok. I am done for the night. lol. Tossed the rest of my dinner. I know know what my new full feeling is like. So I dont repeat... Hopefully!

I'm anxious to see how other January Bandsters are doing. Sometimes the weight loss seems slow, but it is coming off. I was banded 1/28/10 and have lost 25 lbs since my pre-diet. How's everyone else doing?

mines pretty slow too! but ive been running and can tell some fat is turning to muscle :thumbup: i just cant wait to see that scale move and finally see under 200!

Hi, my weight loss has slowed down....Down about 21 lbs since banding Jan 26th. had a fill on Feb 24th. I told the doctor not to fill 2ccs just one. Now I wish I would have gotten 2ccs. Hopefully on the next fill I will have more restriction. I need to exercise more also, with spring here I am excited about getting out to walk. How many cc's is everyone getting??

Hey guys! It wonderful to hear that everyone is doing so well with their band. I feel like a new person! I look at food in a whole new way....and although I havent had a fill yet it really hasnt been that bad. I go this friday for that. I was banded on January 14 and am down 40 pounds as of yesterday morning. i am walking a 5k every Saturday until May 1 and Zumba classes every Tuesday and Thursday. I have a cruise scheduled for May 29 and would LOVE to be down 60 pounds total. We shall see! Keep up the good work guys!

THAT'S good! after the healing did you still have gas or pains, if ate the way you should?have chest pressure or ect? I start 6 wks classes tomorrow, still chicken and full of questions (worry wort)

It sounds like we are all on target for 6-8 weeks... I am 22 pounds down and am excited...even posted pictures today... that was a hurdle in its own right...

But.. I am excited with each weigh in.... as long as one more pound is lost.. well I feel better....

Congrats everyone.. let's keep it going...

Jennifer

I'm anxious to see how other January Bandsters are doing. Sometimes the weight loss seems slow, but it is coming off. I was banded 1/28/10 and have lost 25 lbs since my pre-diet. How's everyone else doing?

I was banded 1/20, and have lost 22 pounds. I go for my second fill next week. Right now, I have 2 ccs in my 10 cc band. I think we are right on track! In 9 weeks, I've lost 22 pounds -- I am not complaining! :-) It helps me to map out every week with the date and what my target weight is. I'm ahead of goal right now, and I think this helps me to see that I'm not too slow with my loss. I'm ahead! :-)

I was banded on January 18th and today is March 19th. Lost 35 lbs. so far. Had my first fill on March 16th. So far - so good. No more blood pressure pills, no more sleep apnea and no more snoring. Need to get more excercise which has always been a problem with me. Excercise is "boring".

Nativity, Congrats on your weight loss thus far! That is wonderful. I used to say the same thing about exercise...No Really! I did....and then I found a zumba class. Me...the girl with 2 left feet! It is so fun...and with me, it is borderline hysterical. It is like a party every tuesday and thursday. And i have started doing 5k's...I have one every saturday until May 1. I am no runner by no means...my main goal is to finish and not be last! I am very competitve and have found that if I try to beat my previous time each week it really helps....but beating my husband is more fun. So my advice to you would be to find something that doesnt "feel" like exercise... something that you truly enjoy doing and do it with someone you enjoy being with. Time does fly when you are having fun!