Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast PB

Oh yea....Not a good way to start the morning. I ate my usual eggs and sausage.....and i got half the egg down, and half the sausage down, and I was in my car eatting....DUH....well, I ended up having to pull off the side of the road and slime slime slime and the Breakfast ended up on the floor~ This fill is getting harder and harder to get use to. This is my second episode since getting the fill. Maybe I am not chewing good enough? Second episode in two weeks. Im getting concerned that if I dont get a handle on this my doctor will suggest a slight unfil, which is something I would rather avoid. Common eggs and sausage isn't a hard food to process........Im backing it up to mushies for today and we will see what tomorrow brings...but this isn't good. Cant keep PBing once a week. I dunno....I am under some stress......maybe thats contributing...Thanks for listening to my venting here....

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your fill and I hope you and your band get it worked out. Hopefully just a few minor behavior adjustments will do the trick for you. After all you wanna be in tiptop shape for your fav holiday that is just around the corner. ;-)

((((hugs!))))

So, after several posts from various people, can we all concede that eating in the car is NOT a good idea??

lol.

OK, still getting used to all the terms here...

What is Slime?

I am going to take the littlest bites and chew everything 100 times... ya'll have put the fear of God in me about PBing!!! :)

This happened to me last week too. I eat cottage cheese for breakfast every morning. EVERY morning for like two or three months. No problem, easy peasy. Last week...TERRIBLE PB. It was just really awful. Dunno what happened. I probably got complacent with the chewing and whammo. Or sometimes Katrinka (my band) just acts up. Hard to say.

Man I hate PB'ing....makes me NUTS. And almost always I can trace it back to being in too much of a rush and eating too fast. *sigh*

JohnDeereGal

Hey there....Sliming is when you get something stuck in your band from eatting too quick, not chewing enough, or eatting the wrong thing and your body produces an enormous amount of saliva to help push the piece of stuck stuff thru the band. The consistancy of the saliva is thick and slimey......and I have found out (for me atleast) if you dont spit this stuff out, you will end up throwing up.

Sounds pleasant huh? But cha know what...we do it to ourselves usually. I know all the times that this has happened to me, I caused it.,,,by not doing what I know I need to do~~~

I can not, not, NOT eat in the car. It gets me EVERY time. In fact, if I eat and get into the car too soon after, I usually get a little ill. Wierd stuff. I also do this thing where I take too big of a first bite and kind of screw everything up for the rest of the meal.

I have to readjust everything after my fills. Just the way it works I s'pose. :)

I too am having problems with eggs and cheese since my last fill. Don't know what it is..I can eat over easy eggs but scrambled eggs are not my favorite to do. Good Luck...I too am under alot of stres so it could have something to do with it.

Wellllll I can certainly tell ya it wont happen again, eatting in the car and driving ~ That was aweful!! Nothing worse than standing on the side of a very busy Interstate with all that business happening~Im very grateful I didn't have my son with me too~