Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from South Texas?

I have just been approved for my Band and will be setting up a surgery date for the near future.

Just wondering if there are a lot of people that post on here from Texas.

It would be nice to have someone to support and be supported by when I start having a lot of questions about what is going on.

I Am In Tx Also. Im In North Tx About 1 Hr North Of Houston. I Am Scheduled To Be Banded 11/3/05 By Dr. Thomas In Houston. Im Very Nervous But Excited All At The Same Time. Look Forward To Seeing Your Updates

Melanie

Guest nancy~chevygirl

Congrats JohnDeeregirl!!!!!!! Let us know when you have your surgery schedule.

Good Luck!

I am in Crosby, just about an 45 mins. from Houston. I am going to be a self/pay. I am going to have my surgery in January, by Dr. Spivak.

Hey there. From what I've read, there are quite a few Texans around here. I'm in Little Elm which is about 35 miles north of Dallas. Congratulations on getting approved. I'm scheduled for November 8th.

Kendra

:banana

Good to see some familiar town names out there. I am an hour south of Houston. I work in Houston though. Dr. Spivak will also being doing my surgery. I just can't wait. I am so excited about it.

I was really nervous the other night... wondering if insurance wasn't going to cover it (even though they have covered everyone else here) Anyways... I ate a whole large thin crust cheese pizza from pizza Hut. I didn't even get sick from eating that either. I was so embarassed when I told my husband what I had done. I told him that after the band there was no way I could consume that much again!!!

Keep in touch!

WE ARE REAL CLOSE IN DISTNCE ALSO IN WEIGHT. I AM JUST A LITTLE HEAVIER THEN YOU. WHAT HOSPITAL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO HAVE IT DONE IN. I WILL BE AT THE RENAISSANCE HOSPITAL ON LITTLE YORK. LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU SOON. E-MAIL ME SOMETIME

KMHADNOT@COX.NET

MELANIE

I am having it done at Park Plaza Hospital down at the Medical Center as far as I know. Not sure on a date yet.

Need to change this ticker... I have gained some back... Trying to be honest about this thing...

I am closer to 330 right now. I haven't been doing so great with the dieting, guess i am trying to get in as much as I can before it's time! (I know that sounds horrible, but I LOVE food)

You And I Both Love food. I Am Staying Pretty Steady At 329 I Cant Wait To Get Down Below 200. My Education Teacher Told Me Yesterday We Dont Need To Give Up Our Love For Food We Just Need To Love It Less. Meaning Eat Less So Im Trying To Start That Now.

Guest nancy~chevygirl

JohnDeereGal..........I think that we would all go thru that......I know my mind would be saying......."eat what you can!" But maybe that is what is wrong...........my mind always says that....that is why I am at the weight I am.

Melanie.......Congrats on your banding date! You will do great! Dr. Spivak is so very sweet!

That is definitely why I am overweight... always eating as much as I can... About a year ago I got down to 299 and I was flippin out... I was so excited!!! I couldn't remeber the last time I was "2-something". Then I gained about 25 back and then I got pregnant. That is when I went form 325 to 365. I lost all the weight I gained from having Madison, but I am ready to get down to 199!!! Just to feel the feel of weighing one hundred and something and not three hundred and something.

Heather

Guest nancy~chevygirl

I know the feeling Heather.....we are all the same size. But just think......we won't be that way before long!!!

Time can't get here soon enough! Then,,,,,we will all be skinner together

I am from South Texas - from the Coastal Bend area. Orange Grove is pretty much midway between Mathis and Alice and Robstown.

My surgery will be next Tuesday, the 8th.

Is there anyone else here from SOUTH Texas ???? South of San Antonio? Corpus Christi? The Valley??

All the WLS docs down south were run out by this area's huge insurance settlements, so you have to go to SA or Houston to find a doctor unless you go South of the Border.

I am in South Texas. VERY south, the tip o texas, lol. I am in the Valley about 30 minutes from Mexico. I was self pay so I ended up going to Monterrey. I was just banded on Oct. 27 so if I can help with any questions feel free to pm me!!!!

I'm close to you!! I'm in Portland, TX. Well, kinda close! I'm going selfpay in San Antonio through the Wish Center. Surgery date is Dec. 26th

ANgie

I am from South Texas - from the Coastal Bend area. Orange Grove is pretty much midway between Mathis and Alice and Robstown.

My surgery will be next Tuesday, the 8th.

Is there anyone else here from SOUTH Texas ???? South of San Antonio? Corpus Christi? The Valley??

All the WLS docs down south were run out by this area's huge insurance settlements, so you have to go to SA or Houston to find a doctor unless you go South of the Border.