Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 lbs in 4 months

Thanks guys:) I am lovin this band. I will say the weight loss is slowing down and I knew it would. I am losing about 2-3 lbs a week now so Ive lost 130lbs so far and I am 7 months out of surgery so you can see its slowed down but i am not complaining. I have also relaxed a bit with my eating. Thats a good thing. I dont want to diet for the rest of my life. I am making healthy food choices and letting the band do its work too. I am also feeling great. I now know what energy feels like YAY. I dont feel trapped anymore. Its a miracle plain and simple :thumbup: Good luck to you all too.

Wow! I was very discouraged until I read this post. Now, I have to figure out a plan and do it. I have not lost any weight in over 6 months. Thanks for giving me hope again!

Inspirational is what you are. I started with 192 lbs to lose. I have lost 30 since my pre-op diet to one month after surgery. I have not weighed under 380 since 2005 at the earliest.

I hope to be able to continue steady loss and maybe be as successful as you. I feel so much better and noticed that I had to order a size 50 short instead of the old 54 or 56 for my vacation next week. But my tummy is still gigantic, no change there yet. But it will come if I work for it.

Thank you for helping to keep us here in the 200+ forum motivated and on track.

You have done GREAT!! I have not done that well, but am now back on track. I am hopeful to lose the amount I stated. I believe it can be done. I have to get up and moving and the rest will fall into place. Thanks for your post and the best to you in your journey!

Wow! That is fantastic, girl. As that old song goes, "It's not where you start it's where you finish. . ."

Best wishes and God's speed!

Keep posting your results.

WB

Edited by Will_B_Healthy
unwanted characters

WOW!! That is great!! Makes me feel so much better getting on here and seeing all the success stories and that people can lose a lot of weight with the band!! Keep up the good work!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is incredible!! How full is your band? How much do you eat at meals?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is incredible!! How full is your band? How much do you eat at meals?

Paperplane:

I have had two fills. I don't know how full it is though. Should I? I could feel the restriction on the second fill but that seems to diminish over time. I consciously shut down the food express by simply stopping rather than feeling full. It isn't always easy but it is important and I feel better for doing it so that is what I choose to do.

How much to I eat? My meals are in the 10 oz to 12 oz range.

3 to 4 oz of Protein (with fish I am at 4 oz; chicken, turkey, port loin, or lamb I try to stay closer to 3 oz; cottage cheese about 3.5 oz.

Veggies have gotten to be the largest portion of late: 4 - 5 oz steamed with up to a tablespoon of I can't believe it's not butter - light or garlic/herb seasoning.

fruit is alway 3 oz.

I know the company line is 1/2 Protein, 1/4 veggies, 1/4 fruit. So I may need to boost the protein and shave the other two but for now this is working for me.

For my age, weight, height, and level of activity if I keep it under 2000 calories and stay within the limits of fat, sugar, carbs, sodium, and drink 64 oz of Water, I continue to lose weight and feel FANTASTIC. That is not to say I couldn't rip through a German chocolate Cake or a plate of warm fresh-out-of-the-oven Toll House chocolate Chip Cookies, but I just choose not to. The Jello Choc Mousse and Yoplait Light Smooth & Creamy Yogurt seem to be better choices to quell the chocoholic that lurks within.

I walk every day with my dog for at least 45 minutes but sometimes longer and occasionally I will go swimming for at least 30 minutes. I will take off or miss a day every couple of weeks or so, but I try to stay as habitual about daily exercise as my commitment to logging everything I push in the pie hole.

Believe me when I say, I feel blessed with these results, but I also know I have been honest and diligent. I will be meeting with my nutritionist next month to review my food log, so there may be some adjustments and I am supposed to have another fill after that meeting.

So far, so good.

Be kind to yourself. Love life and hug a friend.

Edited by Will_B_Healthy
Removing the gremlins

WAY TO GO:thumbup: You should be very happy!! I hope I can do the same.:thumbup:

WOW, that's awesome! ....and I thought I was "all that& a bag of chips" because I lost 58 lbs in 4 months! All kidding aside, isn't an emotional high.

I have lost 100lbs ! In 4 months! Im so excited. I have about 180 left to lose but I see the light at the end of a long tunnle. Im still in shock something is working LOL I love this band:)

that is so great and God bless you! im not shocked that you lost that much... men always lose faster than women! congrats.. that is a nice christmas gift to yourself!!

HOLY WOW! GOOD JOB!