Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tight band keepers.

hi stephanie,

you are pretty funny re: PB lessons

i've been playing with 10 lbs up/down since my plastics. i am surprised i have so much restriction with being unfilled. but during my whole journey, i only needed small fills to get alot of restriction.

since my plastics, i have been up and down about exercise too. altho' i am now putting it into high gear since i am going for my wedding dress in 6 weeks. so i want to be in good shape for it. i am actually using this as motivation. i usually need something to motivate me to keep me focused.

when i was first banded my doctor said i might only lose half my weight. well that really motivated me to stay focused. i wanted to prove him wrong ha!

as you said earlier in this thread...i did not jump in here to argue with people that don't agree with how i did this. in fact whenever i read a thread i dont necessarily agree with...i dont jump in to "lambast" and act like the expert. i merely exit the thread. funny how people have to add their 2 cents when not asked.

like you...this has been my experience..and no one can take that away from us. i'm not suggesting it to anyone but am glad i have found you guys that have a similar experience

so far today i havent had sugar and almost have my Water all in.

hi counselor-is-in,

this site has always been this way. i have managed to use it for information and try to help people by sharing my experience.

i stay away from "the experts" that feel their way is the "only way". it actually seems less controversial these days...or maybe i'm just not that attached to it.

i think key for me was to make sure i communicated with my doctor and his office any issues as i went along.

good luck in your journey.

have a great night everyone.

josie

I live with a tight band and do not have Constipation problems or any other IBS type issues.

About 10 years ago (way before the band) I had been misdiagnosed with IBS. I went back to my PCP many times over several years. I did not go #2 very often and sometimes had to use laxitives. I even brought it up when I had a pap. The Dr. told me my colon did not work properly. He said it was like a tube of tooth paste beeing squeezed from the middle instead of from the bottom. He said it was a form of IBS and I should eat Fiber. I complained during the pap as I felt discomfort during the part when they feel the ovaries. They even had me join in a clinical study of IBS patients.

Many, many times I said that I could not go #2.

Well, finally I went back to the PCP's office after work one day and said "somthing is very wrong and it is not IBS!" I started having pain with sex. He started feeling around my belly (I was not obese at that time). He had a student in the office with him and had her feel. They were working my stomach back and forth like they do when you have a baby in there. The student was asking some questions ...... the Dr. told me he wanted me to go get an MRI. I said, "ok." He said, "I mean go get one right now. We will call and tell them you are on your way."

My right ovary was the size of a soccer ball and my left was the size of a grapefruit. My f.tubes were like big overgrown zucchini ! No wonder I couldn't take a poop! My intestines were being smashed! The surgery for that was VERY BAD!!

The reason I tell you this story? Every time I hear someone say they have IBS, I cringe and think maybe it is being misdiagnosed.

This was the second time that PCP screwed up with me.

I never went back to his office again.

I do not have acid reflux problems with the tight band either. My acid reflux problems were fixed with a hiatial hernia repair during my band surgery. Wooo Hooo!

Um, not like I'm hiding anything here, and I have referenced my gastric problems numerous times in here. So, let's review, shall we? The issues started RIGHT AFTER SURGERY, I didn't have a tight band until about 7-9 months in, as also referenced herein. My body responded immediately to change in diet. the point of my post in the other thread was to seek tips in how to manage it. SINCE I GUESS YOU TWO ARE MY DOCTORS NOW, AND YOU KNOW ALL MY MEDICAL HISTORY AND WHAT PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS I HAD BEFORE I WAS BANDED, WHAT MEDS I WAS ON BEFORE SURGERY I WAS ON THAT I'M NO LONGER ON, ETC ETC, I'M REALLY JUST GOING TO SAY BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. I STILL WOULDN'T CHANGE A FREAKIN' THING.

So, let's go back, since this started way before I had even close to a tight band, I didn't do this to myself. There are many people in the world who cannot tolerate wheat, gluten, Fiber, etc..and yes BEING THIN IS WORTH IT, AND I WILL FIND A SOLUTION.

FINALLY, I THINK I HAVE SAID IN MOST OF THE POSTS THIS IS NOT MY ADVICE, IT'S MY EXPERIENCE. And with that, BLAH BLAH BLAH FANNIE AND JACHUT....really.

Good luck Sephanie. I hope you are able to find what will work for you! :biggrin:

Thank you for sharing your story. I've been thinking that the only doctor who hasn't seen me is my gyno. I made and appointment yesterday ;)

I live with a tight band and do not have Constipation problems or any other IBS type issues.

About 10 years ago (way before the band) I had been misdiagnosed with IBS. I went back to my PCP many times over several years. I did not go #2 very often and sometimes had to use laxitives. I even brought it up when I had a pap. The Dr. told me my colon did not work properly. He said it was like a tube of tooth paste beeing squeezed from the middle instead of from the bottom. He said it was a form of IBS and I should eat fiber. I complained during the pap as I felt discomfort during the part when they feel the ovaries. They even had me join in a clinical study of IBS patients.

Many, many times I said that I could not go #2.

Well, finally I went back to the PCP's office after work one day and said "somthing is very wrong and it is not IBS!" I started having pain with sex. He started feeling around my belly (I was not obese at that time). He had a student in the office with him and had her feel. They were working my stomach back and forth like they do when you have a baby in there. The student was asking some questions ...... the Dr. told me he wanted me to go get an MRI. I said, "ok." He said, "I mean go get one right now. We will call and tell them you are on your way."

My right ovary was the size of a soccer ball and my left was the size of a grapefruit. My f.tubes were like big overgrown zucchini ! No wonder I couldn't take a poop! My intestines were being smashed! The surgery for that was VERY BAD!!

The reason I tell you this story? Every time I hear someone say they have IBS, I cringe and think maybe it is being misdiagnosed.

This was the second time that PCP screwed up with me.

I never went back to his office again.

hey Stephanie,

With the tight band are you having trouble getting in all the Water they say we should drink? I know I am, but I'm not so sure I would even if my band wasn't tight.

When I eat food my pouch is full for a long time. I drink 30 mins after I eat to quench my thirst, but it just seems like through the day I just have no room for the required ounces of water. On the days I work there is just no time for all that drinking. I am not in the position to have food or drink much except on my lunch break. I can't get it all in after work because I eat dinner and have a full pouch. Plus I don't want to get up several times in the night to go to the bathroom.

I know that when I tried different diet centers over the years I could never drink all that water, so I'm not sure it has all that much to do with my tight band. Maybe it does make it a little worse.