Jump to content
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!


VBLOC Patients
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Joei

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

About Me

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

679 profile views
  1. Joei

    Follow up appt

    Yes, this info definitely helps. Thanks for the info. Now I'm just praying nothing prohibits the surgery.
  2. Joei

    Follow up appt

    My surgery is planned for the end of November. I am paying $554.68 a month for Cobra. I do not want to pay for December. I want to wait for my Medicare to start in January. Does anyone know if the first follow up appt, after surgery is free? My husband had a hip replaced at a different hospital and the follow up was no charge. Thanks for any advice or experience.
  3. Joei

    3 Month Diet Requirement

    I finally got everything submitted to Cigna on Tuesday 10/24. This is turning out to be the longest weekend just waiting and praying. I'm also praying for a November surgery date. My surgeons office said they don't assign surgery dates until after they get insurance approval. I'm hoping Magee Hospital is not backed up or has a waiting list.
  4. Joei

    3 Month Diet Requirement

    Thanks for the info but yea, that's what I already heard. Due to unforeseen circumstances I was forced to back my insurance submission up to 94 days anyway. So many obstacles seem to always come up that I've lost some of the excitement.
  5. Joei

    New Chapter

    May God bless you, your surgeon, and everyone else involved. Praying for a speedy recovery for you.
  6. I can't see me wearing that thing for life. I'm just wondering how long I have to wear it before I can proceed with surgery.
  7. Cigna again denied my overnight sleep study. They said they will approve an Apap machine if my doctor request it. Does anyone know how long that treatment last? Thanks in advance.
  8. Well I didn't get to go to my overnight sleep study on 10/1. On Friday 9/29 the sleep study center called and said they didn't get approval from Cigna for the sleep study. I left a message with my surgeon's office to see where I go from here. I thought I would be able to submit to insurance on 10/17 but now I'm not so sure. I'm already paying outrageously for the Cobra insurance I cannot afford to be hindered by any form of denials. The sleep centers around here have waiting lists and I was lucky to get that appt and still had to drive a long way. I am getting rather concerned and frustrated.
  9. I live about 45 minutes from where my surgery will be performed and have the same concerns as you. A five hour drive after surgery seems a bit much. Maybe once you leave the hospital you can just spend a few days in a hotel nearby just to heal and be sure everything is okay before you start that long drive. There's also the consideration of how much pain you'll be in, access to bathrooms, winter driving conditions, and if the hospital will even let you leave by yourself. Have a backup plan ready just in case. I've already prayed for your smooth and uneventful surgery and safe passage home.
  10. Thank you so much for the info. Since I failed the at home test I will be going to the overnight study this Sunday 10/1 and will see where I go from there. My last NUT appointment with my PCP is on 10/17/17. This sleep test is my last obstacle and then I can submit my paperwork to Cigna. I'll wear a football helmet to the hospital if I could just get this surgery over with. I am so thankful for all the information and advice everyone has provided.
  11. I'm glad it went well for you. Hope things go as well with me. I'm grateful for your reply.
  12. I looked online for than the pillows and they seem to have things that wrap around your head. Does yours have that or is it closer to actual pillow?
  13. Thanks for the info. Any idea if the nasal pillows are covered by insurance or how much they cost? I should have less than a month to go before submitting to insurance and every little glitch just make me want to bust out screaming. I was so afraid the sleep apnea was going to be big postponement. Thank you so much.
  14. I took the at home Sleep Apnea test and now I'm told I have moderate Seep Apnea. I have to go into a sleep study center for treatment? Does anyone know if this will cause a postponement of my surgery? I actually do not have a problem sleeping and am truly adverse to wearing a mask on my face every night. Is anyone aware of any other treatment or workaround in place of that mask or even any timeframe of how long the treatment takes? Any advice or comment is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.