Jump to content
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!


LAP-BAND Patients
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About HunnyBun

  • Rank
    Not banded
  • Birthday 09/08/1982

About Me

  • Gender
  • City
  • State
  • Zip Code
  1. Cream Soup (cream of chicken, cream of muchroom, cream of broccoli, etc) Apple Sauce Jar baby food Mushed up tuna with mayo/yogurt Mushed up chicken I am only 5 days post op but I have been drinking soup already. I feel very hungry and the Protein shakes don't help. I put cream soup in the blender to make sure everything is creamed properly. I even added a bit of chicken to the soup and blended to add protein. Am I doing this too soon?
  2. HunnyBun

    19 pounds in 5 days!!!

    Congratulations! It is quite fast, but weight tends to drop quickly at first and slows down with time. I wouldn't be concerned as long as you're consuming the required Protein and Vitamins. Best Wishes
  3. HunnyBun

    Help! Why no Ibuprofin?

    If you are fresh out of surgery, avoid taking nsaids. They can increase bleeding. If you've healed from surgery, taking some once in a while won't be too bad, but do not take them daily. As others have mentioned, taking liquid or chewable is better. Follow with liquid to wash it down. if your pain is consistent and you need to take meds daily, ask for something stronger, like tylenol with codeine, vicodin, tramadol, etc. Just be careful as those can be addictive.
  4. I am a few days post op and I do not feel burning. This might be acid. I would see if the doctor can prescribe something to help relieve it. Your tummy will heal better without the overload of acid, so even if you can tolerate the discomfort, it is still better to control it with meds. Ranitidine comes in liquid form, have your doc call it in to the pharmacy. It will make all the difference.
  5. I had a huge fear of surgery. I even wrote a will just in case. I was scared and emotional too. Then, the day of surgery, out of nowhere I woke up in the recovery room and even though I was in pain, all I could think was 'I did it!'. I don't remember anything other than getting changed for surgery and getting wheeled over to the OR. The surgery itself does not exist in my memory. If I didn't have the scars, I would never know that I had it done. Read up about the anesthesia, it is extremely safe these days. It made me feel better after I read up about it on medical websites like webmd.com. Good luck to you! If you need to talk to someone, PM me and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
  6. I am post op. Had my surgery last Friday. I am feeling sore and tired and could sleep all day. How long did it take you guys to start feeling completely normal again?
  7. I live on the NW side of the city. I am a 28 year old female. If anyone wants to get together, talk on the phone, email etc. Let me know!
  8. HunnyBun

    chicago bandsters reunite 2010

    I just had surgery 2 days ago. If you guys want another person to join you for lunch, let me know. I'd be happy to meet other bandsters.
  9. I went to the ER last night. I was in too much pain to walk or take full breaths. The ER gave me morphine and did a CT scan and chest xrays to rule out blood clots in my lungs. They also gave me Heparin immediately. I went home with a prescription for serious pain relievers and was told that I should have been prescribed something to control my pain.
  10. Thanks for the support, I am so glad I am not alone. I am in so much pain though, I can barely move. I had to have my mom and dad pretty much carry me up the stairs because I couldn't walk up on my own. After surgery, Is it normal to feel like I can't lift my legs? Is it normal to not be able to take a full breath? I had my surgery on Friday morning.
  11. The surgery itself was good, I woke up in the recovery room feeling pretty good. I was quite out of it and the only thing I mumbled was that I was in pain. I got morphine and everything was pretty good for most of that morning. Once I was put in my room, the horror started. My night nurse completely neglected me. I called her four times and told her I was in a lot of pain and I couldn't sleep. I was supposed to be on morphine every 2 hours and even though it was time for my next dose, the nurse kept telling me she will bring it soon. Five hours passed and I was crying in my room from the pain. The nurse left for the day without giving me my meds. Then, as I am sitting there crying and begging for someone to help me, the transport guy comes in to take me to radiology. The nurses assistant comes in right after he did and they stand there talking amongst themselves while I cry. They didn't leave nor did they try to comfort me, just chit chatted like I wasn't there. Then when I finally crawled out of bed, the guy took me down, talking to everyone he passed on the way down. When I was done with the xray, he came back and had the NERVE to say 'Oh, that was quick baby doll'. BABY DOLL! What the hell! I went back to my room, covered myself under the covers and cried my eyes out. I have never felt so neglected. I was discharged a couple of hours ago. I complained to the nurse that I can't lift my legs and it went ignored. When I was leaving, I asked the head nurse to provide me with a wheel chair. her answer was: "You can walk". So I walked... until I stopped in the middle of the hallway and bended forward and cried again because I couldn't catch my breath. A paramedic was walking out of the ER and noticed me and offered to help. I was NOT in any shape to walk. I did not get to see the surgeon after the surgery. He sent some other doctor I have never seen before. The doctor seemed clueless and minimized every one of my complaints. After I asked if there were any complications, he said yes, and asked me how I knew. HOW PROFESSIONAL! Turns out that my liver was cut during surgery. I don't care, I knew that could happen, but I am sure that I was supposed to be informed about it. The doctor also had no idea what size band was put inside of me. They also did not give me ANY heparin on day 2, although I have a history of blood clots and was advised to take heparin for 2 weeks after surgery. I had to rely on my family doc to prescribe the heparin shots to take when I got home. I had to remind the nurses to give me my medicine and even then they didn't follow through. I have been to my share of hospitals. I have been hospitalized several times in my life. This was by far the absolute worst hospital experience. I pray that I am the exception and everyone else has much better care.
  12. Hi guys! I am scheduled for 8am tomorrow (12/03/2010) and I am feeling anxious and a bit scared. None of my family or friends think this is a big deal and it kind of makes me feel alone. It's a HUGE deal to me.

PatchAid Vitamin Patches