Kristin Lloyd: Bariatric Fears - The Mindset of the Bariatric Patient
In this episode, Janine speaks with Kristin Lloyd, a psychotherapist and mindset coach for bariatric patients, who shares the story of her own Bariatric Journey. During their conversation, Kristen and Janine connect over the common issues worrying many Bariatric Patients and how to help address and overcome any fears you may have if you’re considering weight-loss surgery. Here’s a brief overview of the topics we discuss:
- Kristen’s bariatric experience and advice for patients in the first few months following surgery
- The proper mindset to succeed after bariatric surgery
- How self-doubt can impact success after weight loss surgery
- How weight loss surgery can affect your personal relationships
- The importance of journaling for bariatric patients
- The most persistent myths surrounding bariatric surgery
- The experience of being five years removed from weight-loss surgery
You can find Kristin Lloyd on her website, BariatricMindset.com. If you would like to hear more from her, check out her books, including Bariatric Mindset Success, available on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Bariatric-Mindset-Success-Weight-Surgery-ebook/dp/B0762ZF68P.
This podcast wouldn't be possible without our sponsor, BariatricPal.com. If you're looking for a supportive online network of bariatric patients, be sure to browse their forums and connect with other WLS patients from around the world. Also, you'll find amazing bariatric-friendly foods in their store https://Store.BariatricPal.com. If you use the promo code PODCAST with your first order, you'll get 10% off!