Lou Schopfer: Long Term Bariatric Lifestyle - Years After Procedure
In this episode, Janine speaks with Lou Schopfer, a bariatric patient who underwent gastric sleeve surgery in 2014. Since that time, Lou has lost over 100 pounds and advocates for bariatric surgery as a means for transforming the lives of others like himself. He shares the story of his life, from the roots of his struggles with obesity, the questions he had before the surgery, and how his life dramatically improved afterward. If you’re undecided about weight-loss surgery, Lou's Bariatric Journey may help you transform your life for the better. Here’s a brief overview of the topics we discuss:
- Deciding whether weight-loss surgery is right for you
- The pre-surgery consultation process and emotions surrounding it
- Lou’s life post-surgery and what other patients can expect
- Lou’s story and personal journey through the surgery process
- Weight-loss surgery is a tool rather than a miracle cure
- Diet and lifestyle following weight-loss surgery.
- Lou’s advice for successful weight-loss surgery
You can read more about Lou’s weight-loss journey at Penn Medicine’s page about his surgery. https://www.pennmedicine.org/for-patients-and-visitors/find-a-program-or-service/bariatric-surgery/patient-stories/lou-story.
This podcast wouldn't be possible without our sponsor, BariatricPal.com. If you're looking for a supportive online network of bariatric patients, be sure to browse their forums and connect with other WLS patients from around the world. Also, you'll find amazing bariatric-friendly foods in their store https://Store.BariatricPal.com. If you use the promo code PODCAST with your first order, you'll get 10% off!