Nikki: The Bariatric Foodie - Foods to Enjoy and Avoid for Bariatric Patients
In this episode, Janine talks to Nikki Lynn, the Bariatric Foodie. Bariatric Patient (and part-time gardener) Nikki shares with us how you can still be a foodie, even post Bariatric Surgery. Nikki and Janine talk about how just because you're undergoing weight loss, you do not have to suffer bland, boring foods. You can still live the full life you deserve post-surgery, and Nikki can teach you how. Here’s a brief overview of the topics we discuss:
- Our relationships with food and the obstacles that come with them
- Food choices patients have in the pre-surgery stages (puree and soft food)
- Bariatric food adaptations of your favorite foods
- Opportunities to build healthy eating habits long-term following surgery
- Nikki’s advice for new and considering bariatric patients.
- Myths of weight-loss surgery and tough love
- Nikki’s cookbooks and Bariatric Foodie toolkits
If you’d like to join Nikki’s online weight-loss community and check out her cookbooks, you can find Nikki at the addresses below. Just look for the red heart inside the circle, so you know it’s the Bariatric Foodie.
- Website: https://www.bariatricfoodie.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BariatricFoodie/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bariatric_foodie_nation/
This podcast wouldn't be possible without our sponsor, BariatricPal.com. If you're looking for a supportive online network of bariatric patients, be sure to browse their forums and connect with other WLS patients from around the world. Also, you'll find amazing bariatric-friendly foods in their store https://Store.BariatricPal.com. If you use the promo code PODCAST with your first order, you'll get 10% off!