Salad In A Jar
I have prepared a video to help you create your own salad in a jar
There are two key points to preventing a soggy salad.
- Place the dressing first into the jar
- Place hard vegetables next that do not absorb the dressing and become soggy
With all weight loss surgeries you want to make it more suitable to your nutritional needs. A consistent message with all surgical procedures is to cut all salad ingredients into small pieces such as a salsa.This allows the smaller components of the fibrous skin to be better tolerated.
These salads can be prepared the day before and kept fresh in the fridge.
Regarding the ideal balance of foods in the jar, protein is crucial to help make you feel fuller for longer, which can include tinned tuna, flavored tofu, scrambled egg and legumes as examples.
Each type of surgery will request different portions.
A sample recipe is indicated below
Moroccan Salad In A Jar
- 4 oranges, peeled, white pith removed
- 250g packet cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 120g pkt Coles Baby Spinach Leaves
- 6 radishes, halved, sliced
Reminder; eat a portion that suits your weight loss surgery