POST-Operation Gastric Sleeve Surgery Questions & Answers

This is the place to talk about post-op questions. Discuss recovery, the post-op Gastric Sleeve diet progression, nutrition, complications, medical tests, and other Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy issues.

48,983 topics in this forum

• 3,261 replies
    • 247 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 10 replies
  • Featured Surgeons

1. Jalil Illan

Tijuana, BC 22320
      (844) 957-3325

2. Bradley Schwack

New York, NY 10016
      866-886-4698

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Thejeweledsleeve

5/28 - It is officially shark week. Omg!!! I feel like I am dying. Ladies, do your breast really hurt during this time? Mine's hurt to even brush against them.
      Shitty day. Tummy ache and all. I ended up in the back of my office sleep on the floor for 1 hour. I had made food (2 meals) for the day but I only eat 1 of them. I barely drank any water. I know I am dehydrated today. 
      Went to Target and brought another food scale (broke mines), measuring cups, Vitamins (running low). The most embarrassing thing happened. The really cute guy from Vitamin Shoppe, literally came to say hello while I was picking out Tampons . I was like, "OH COME ON!" 
      Listen, I know I have a bf and he is amazing, however this is my Vitamin Shoppe bae. I go to that store all the time, we know each other on a first name basis. My face has never been so red a before a day in my life and I have had my pants fall to my ankles (in public, getting off of a bus at a crowded bus stop) because my jeans were too big.

· 1 reply
      1. Sweet as peaches

Wow!!! That is crazy and totally embarrassing.

• Ldyvenus

Pretty sure I had a gallstone pass last night. We had chicken fried steak for dinner. Saturday is my cheat day and hubby cooks them once in a great while.
      A little while after eating I got this pain in the middle of my chest. It continued to get worse, no matter what I did. I got nauseous, sweaty, and the pain spread to my back. I wanted to die. Then all of a sudden the pain just stopped. I am terrified of that feeling coming back.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Becca.S  »  biginjapan

Yes, this is temporary! And you can try and avoid such a strong fall with oral and topic vitamins. You can go to your dr. if you haven't and ask him for help. He'll know what to recommend. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Brit in Oz

I'm thrilled with my progress so far. In just 9 weeks I have lost 20kgs (44lbs) and am feeling so much fitter and generally so much happier. It has not been easy, I am VERY strict with myself about what I eat and i'm walking at least 5kms per day at a very brisk pace and it's really paying off.  For quite a while I was disheartened that no one seemed to notice my weight loss but then all of a sudden I could really see it and so can others. It's such a good feeling when friends comment and say that I'm looking really well. To anyone considering weight loss surgery, know that it is not a quick fix and that you really have to put in the effort to get moving and eat well but it's so worth it. Tonight I ate out for the first time and just had an entree, no main course and picked at the vegetables that came as a side. It was yum and I was full and happy. Feeling optimistic to lose the last 10kgs and hit my goal weight.

· 1 reply
      1. Apple1

You look fantastic!

• Mucheca

Had surgery May 2 2017 have been very depressed, having a lot of regret. I having panic attacks,anxiety . I feel like we messed up.
      · 5 replies
      1. Berry78

First of all, everything will be ok. No worries.

Next, how are you doing, nutritionally? Are you meeting your fluid and protein goals? What does a day's food look like for you?

How much exercise are you doing?

I'm asking because I have a sneaking suspicion that those people that go through a lot of emotional turmoil are actually reacting to malnourishment. It is common for people to get so excited about losing weight after surgery, that they jump into exercise, or don't meet their nutritional goals, and they get very depleted, very quickly.

Have you figured out your triggers? Times that you feel your worst?

{Hugs} it can be a hard journey, but it will all be worth it in the end...

2. Mucheca

Yes I have eggs ,protein shake or cream of wheat for breakfast. For luch I do chicken with green beans or a crab cake , for dinner I do salmon with veggies . I do 55-64 a day of water . I take bariatric advantage vitamins + b12 . + calcium and D. I feel no pain . I have no complications, except for lactose intolerant.(hopefully is temporary). I just feel regret for having this surgery done . I was very hype before and now i would do anything to reverse it. . The only form of exercise I do is walking.

3. Mucheca

@Berry78 message above ^. I also get panic attacks. Phobia .

4. Berry78

Everything sounds really good, perhaps a smidge advanced for being less than 4 weeks postop, but as long as your team approves, I won't complain about that.

Did you make a list of the reasons why you chose to undergo surgery? Maybe revisiting some of your thought process will help. Everyone goes through some regrets now and then... but usually the further out from surgery you become, the less food restrictions there are, and the changing clothing sizes help with motivation...

5. Mucheca

Yeah they did not give me a puréed stage . I was surprised. But I'm doing good with that.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs