Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Complaint

Views
Started by farmgirl10, Oct 21, 2009 11:07 AM
5 replies to this topic
5 replies to this topic

farmgirl10

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • Surgeon: Michael Snyder
  • Surgery Date: Nov 2009
  • Starting Weight: 293
  • Weight Lost: 0
  • Current Weight: 293
  • Goal Weight: 143
  • BMI: 45.9
Posted October 21, 2009 - 11:07 AM

Not sure where to put this, but am little upset so figured here wud be good spot. I was to get lapband on Sept 29th but had to be postponed. Dr said he wud do it anytime after I got the ok from my other Dr. Well, he's got the ok if he wud just answer us. No one can get ahold of him, nor anyone in his office. My other dr pages him, calls emails, nothing. I email & have called, nothing either. I don't want to be a pest, but want this done before I go on a trip in couple months. Any suggestions? :lol:
TIA

ParrotheadCathy

Posted October 21, 2009 - 12:46 PM

I'm a "brass tacks" kind of gal. I would just drop by their office one day to see what's going on. ASK what the heck is going on.

THEN, I would demand that they give me all of my files and records, test results, etc. and I would take every bit of it to a new surgeon ASAP. You don't want to have a problem post-op and not be able to get a response from the doc or his office!

Sue Magoo

Bariatric Hero

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgeon: Adam Glasgow
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2007
  • Starting Weight: 324
  • Weight Lost: 138
  • Current Weight: 186
  • Goal Weight: 179
  • BMI: 29.1
Posted October 21, 2009 - 1:52 PM

Hi:

That is not acceptable. Like Jack said, the aftercare is the most important part. If you cannot get responses from your surgeon or his office before the surgery, good luck afterwards! Time to change surgeons, even if it means a delay to your banding.

Best wishes to you.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

farmgirl10

• Surgeon: Michael Snyder
  • Surgery Date: Nov 2009
  • Starting Weight: 293
  • Weight Lost: 0
  • Current Weight: 293
  • Goal Weight: 143
  • BMI: 45.9
Posted October 27, 2009 - 3:03 PM

Got Results after many emails n phone calls! Was told to keep pestering, so did several times week, day. THanks for ur advice!

HappyHomeCC

BEWARE OF TOP SURGEONS!!!

Posted October 27, 2009 - 3:21 PM

ya'll hit it on the head, Coconut... move on. Get your records, you are obviously not important to them. If you have so much trouble before surgery can you imagine what may happen after??? Find someone who takes care of their patients... this is a life long commitment with an on going need for maintance and support. I switched surgeons for many of the same reasons and more. I was thinking I would just change dr after for fills etc... many surgeons do not want to take on anothers handywork. SO GO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND GET YOUR RECORDS. It really is the right thing to do.

HappyHomeCC

BEWARE OF TOP SURGEONS!!!

Posted October 27, 2009 - 3:23 PM

Got Results after many emails n phone calls! Was told to keep pestering, so did several times week, day. THanks for ur advice!

DO NOT BE SATISFIED THAT THEY FINALLY RESPONDED THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS AND CARE.

It should not have to be such work to get the responses. What will happen if you have a complication after surgery???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics