Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

52 day menstrual cycle

I have never had a normal menstrual cycle due to PCOS. (I hardly ever had my period, and the Doc would give me the Depo shot to make my body have one every once in a while.) Since having LB surgery nearly 4 months ago, I have had my periods start back up again. I have had two. Yay! (I hope to have a baby still, even at the age of 37.) I've charted them as 52 days apart, not the average 28 days. I seemed to ovulate for more than a few days two weeks prior to having my second period. I haven't been worried- and have assumed that everything is "shaking out" and normalizing for me. On the other hand, I worry that now that I'm having my period, they are 52 days apart. What do you guys think about it? I'm down 37 pounds! I love my band! :)

I had the band Feb2010 and my period was so crazy then & before, I would never get it unless I took birth control pills. Finally at the end of Aug2010 my period started up again and Ive had one every two months about a average 53day cycle. I think that the weight loss is what put my periods back on track. I'm going to get the Mirena this month for protection and a better scheduled & hopefully lighter period.

Having a period with any frequency is a good sign. Are you charting your basal body temp, or are you not that far along in your pregnancy journey? I was Dx with PCOS in 2001 and know a TON about infertility and fertility treatments. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime. I spent years trying to have a baby and finally was able to have a baby after two rounds of shots and IUI.

Try not to worry about the cycle days. Celebrate the fact that your period is coming back on its own; that's such a great sign for you!!

that is about what mine where when I got pregnant each time. I have 4 wonderful children. It will happen, just takes time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!