Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I'm so happy i found this thread.

I have just decided to go through this and am looking at dates in August since we are going away for the entire month of July.

I'm reading all your stories and looking at your tickers. You have all done a wonderful job.

I'm still reading posts from last august so i haven't come to your surgery dates but when i look and see how much weight you've all lost in just 8 months it's wonderful.

congratulations to you all and i can't wait to keep reading and hearing how all the surgeries and post weeks went.

You didn't say what type of trip you are taking but I will share my experience with traveling. I went on a 3wk vacation in October, 4 wks after being banded. I didn't get my first fill appt until 2 months after banding which put me a lil behind most of the sexy septembers. I did not have a single problem and 12 days of the trip was a cruise. Until you get fills in your band, it really was like I didn't have the surgery at all LOL

Went for my first fill in about 6 months. I now have a total of 8.3cc. I hope it does the trick and hope it's not too much. Hope everyone is doing well.

Amanda that is a lot of fill! Let us know how your doing with it. I haven't needed a fills since March and I am quite satisfied, don't want to be too tight.

You didn't say what type of trip you are taking but I will share my experience with traveling. I went on a 3wk vacation in October, 4 wks after being banded. I didn't get my first fill appt until 2 months after banding which put me a lil behind most of the sexy septembers. I did not have a single problem and 12 days of the trip was a cruise. Until you get fills in your band, it really was like I didn't have the surgery at all LOL

we're going to Quebec City for a week, Richmond Virginia for a week, Savannah for 4 days and Disney World for 7 days.

I just don't want to be too far from home right after in case there is a problem.

if i were to book now it would be for the last week in June - too soon for me.

thanks for sharing your experience :biggrin:

I am at 5.8 or 5.9 I lost track and I really can't handle it - in fact looking forward to an unfill in two weeks. I am eating crap like icecream and not even really losing weight. I'm just going to chill out with this at this point i have 20 lbs to go and I've concluded the honeymoon is over the last 20 will likely be very slow!

Amanda that is a lot of fill! Let us know how your doing with it. I haven't needed a fills since March and I am quite satisfied, don't want to be too tight.

So far so good! I definetely can tell the difference! I didn't need a fill for 6 months either! Hope all is well!

I am at 5.8 or 5.9 I lost track and I really can't handle it - in fact looking forward to an unfill in two weeks. I am eating crap like icecream and not even really losing weight. I'm just going to chill out with this at this point i have 20 lbs to go and I've concluded the honeymoon is over the last 20 will likely be very slow!

Yes it is very slow! I think mine is starting to move again. 2 lbs in one week.

Yes it is very slow! I think mine is starting to move again. 2 lbs in one week.

Do you have a 10 cc band and is it the allergan band or realize. That is a pretty big fill I can't handle anything over 5.5 it seems for too long - I had .5cc's taken out and I feel great! But I know I seem to be on the lower end of what is typically sweet spot. I am eating better no more junk its amazing how that becomes this vicious cycle! I was getting the night cough and choking again! I raised the white flag and did not wait for my two week appt. She said to keep that appt as she may need to put a little back.

But we have all done great so far. I'm ok w/ slowing it up I was getting a lot of fatigue as well.

Do you have a 10 cc band and is it the allergan band or realize. That is a pretty big fill I can't handle anything over 5.5 it seems for too long - I had .5cc's taken out and I feel great! But I know I seem to be on the lower end of what is typically sweet spot. I am eating better no more junk its amazing how that becomes this vicious cycle! I was getting the night cough and choking again! I raised the white flag and did not wait for my two week appt. She said to keep that appt as she may need to put a little back.

But we have all done great so far. I'm ok w/ slowing it up I was getting a lot of fatigue as well.

I have the allergan band. So far so good, but of course it is only my first day on real foods, we'll have to wait and see how it goes. LOL

I was getting the night cough and choking again! .

I had a couple of times with the night cough, I find that I just have to eat light in the evenings or stay up later. If I tried to go to sleep to soon after supper it will do that. Once I realized that, I have had no further problems.

I have the allergan band. So far so good, but of course it is only my first day on real foods, we'll have to wait and see how it goes. LOL

Good luck :thumbup: Allergan makes two size the APS and APL (i think that is 14cc's)... so an 8 cc fill on 14 cc's is like 5.7 on 10 cc's... was curious.

I had a couple of times with the night cough, I find that I just have to eat light in the evenings or stay up later. If I tried to go to sleep to soon after supper it will do that. Once I realized that, I have had no further problems.

I've tried to do that and hadn't been too successful I was too tight I was eating icecream and crap - cuz i was always hungry. You get into a pattern and don't realize it - its pretty amazing... Right now since the unfill I have been LESS hungry! And eating better - isn't that interesting? I am still on heartburn med Zegrid too.

When you had the nightcough - did you choke too? Isn't that horrible like your drowning!!! So glad that is over!

Hi, everyone

Amanda if that works for you then its quite okay. I've been at 7.1 for quite sometime. I still feel like I can eat too much but I Do know that its a mental thing and when I listen to my body I'm not really hungry at all. I'm still at 223. Yeah, thats good but I'm hoping for a grand weight loss over the summer since I don't have to make plans around a work schedule. Hmarko only 20 pounds left. wow! I can't wait for that moment.

Kurby I say enjoy your trip. I think you will be just fine because its not going to let you go but so far anyway.

Ladies, I'm having a pain on my banded side. I don't know what it could be. It's there when I want and when I have sex if Im laying down. Sorry if TMI. Any suggestions. I'm all ears.

Sorry your having pain. I haven't experienced any port pain. I can't believe we have been banded 9 months already! I am very pleased with my results so far.

Sorry your having pain. I haven't experienced any port pain. I can't believe we have been banded 9 months already! I am very pleased with my results so far.

Do you know I hadn't realized it has been that long. I only have 3 months to make my -100 pound goal and I don't think I am now. I have -40 to go. It was less but I am not been doing as I should lately. I've been eating. Gosh have I been eating. I think its because my boyfriend is basically staying with me and he can and does eat what ever is under the sun. I can't help but to join him. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Even if he has to leave here. I am dissatisfied with where I am. I gave up my gym membership because I thought it wasn't helping but it was. I didn't know how flabby I would get without using heavier wieghts than the ones I have at home. I'm gym shopping again. I almost gave up there. I gotta get a move on. I know some of you are nearing your goals and I want to be right there with you at my one year anniversary.

Do you know I hadn't realized it has been that long. I only have 3 months to make my -100 pound goal and I don't think I am now. I have -40 to go. It was less but I am not been doing as I should lately. I've been eating. Gosh have I been eating. I think its because my boyfriend is basically staying with me and he can and does eat what ever is under the sun. I can't help but to join him. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Even if he has to leave here. I am dissatisfied with where I am. I gave up my gym membership because I thought it wasn't helping but it was. I didn't know how flabby I would get without using heavier wieghts than the ones I have at home. I'm gym shopping again. I almost gave up there. I gotta get a move on. I know some of you are nearing your goals and I want to be right there with you at my one year anniversary.

Don't give up, keep at it. We started out with so many people in our Sexy Septembers group and look how few are posting now. People stop posting for various reason, but I don't think its ever a good sign when people disappear. Those of us who are checking in will make it because we lift each other up :)

Don't give up, keep at it. We started out with so many people in our Sexy Septembers group and look how few are posting now. People stop posting for various reason, but I don't think its ever a good sign when people disappear. Those of us who are checking in will make it because we lift each other up ;)

thats right. Even if its sporadic at least we are trying. I am definitely trying. I lost 2 pounds so far this week. I know I can do it. I hope you all keep up the good work too.:devil_smile: