Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone lose a ring?

I posted this in the post-op forum, and then thought it belonged here. Yes, its a slow day at work.

Its a slow day here, am I was sitting here thinking. I was 225 when I got married 28 years ago. I use to travel a lot and when I got down to 195, I'm thinking this was 1985 or so, I was in Missouri and I noticed my wedding ring was missing and I suspected it came off while I slept. (Ladies, this is the truth) I was lucky and did go back to the hotel room and was able to find it in the bed. I'm getting close to getting back to that weight and I see my ring is very loose. I'll have to look into one of those ring guards. Just thought I would mention it in case it saves someone from losing a more expensive piece of jewelry.

I've met my goal weight and yess I have to wear my wedding ring on my middle finger and it fits really loose there too! but I'm happy!

I acutally had to get a new wedding ring because mine was just too lose & couldn't be re-sized. My original ring size was 11, now it is 8.5. You know, I never though I had "fat" fingers or that I would lose weight in my hands....it's just crazy.

I lost 125#, and am at my goal weight.

I posted this in the post-op forum, and then thought it belonged here. Yes, its a slow day at work.

Its a slow day here, am I was sitting here thinking. I was 225 when I got married 28 years ago. I use to travel a lot and when I got down to 195, I'm thinking this was 1985 or so, I was in Missouri and I noticed my wedding ring was missing and I suspected it came off while I slept. (Ladies, this is the truth) I was lucky and did go back to the hotel room and was able to find it in the bed. I'm getting close to getting back to that weight and I see my ring is very loose. I'll have to look into one of those ring guards. Just thought I would mention it in case it saves someone from losing a more expensive piece of jewelry.

That's funny.I had a similar experience traveling on business in Florida. Was ina meeting with my rings one, went up to the room to finish packing and check out and when I was done only 2 of the 3 rings I wear were on my finger. I back tracked everywhere I had been and left my info with the hotel. The only thing I had not done was open my suitcase and empty everything out. I figured, it was lost or it was in there and the suitcase was best emptied at home in a controlled environment. Yup - the ring had fallen off and was wedged in my suitcase. I immediately took my rings in to be sized down (for the second time)...so all of you new skinnies out there- pay attention so you don't lose something that may be precious to you

I lost the ring my husband bought me on our honeymoon. I knew it was loose but it couldn't get resized so I just left it. One day I noticed it was gone! Couldn't tell you where or when I lost it.

I now wear tubing on my engagement ring to keep it tight against my finger (and to hold my wedding ring in!) but I do need to get them re-sized properly!

On this strange little island our ring sizes are in letters. I'm a big lass, even when I'm not obese (I'm not even overweiht right now) and I have always had hands like shovels and big, fat fingers. When we got married my wedding ring ( a beautiful 5mm three band Russian wedding ring inthe three colours of gold) was a U - it still is, but when my Mum passed awy she left me my great Grandmas wedding ring inher will and that was an N. I now wear that N underneath my Q and with a dress ring - N - in front of them all, it all looks quite county!

I can't believe that I have gone from a U to an N. Whoopee!

It's funny I came across this thread because I have been pouting:sad: for a couple of weeks because I lost my wedding rings. I went to the spa and when I got home and went to take my jewlery off I noticed my wedding rings were gone. I only wore them when I went out because I knew they were loose(lot of good that did). Anyway, no one turned them in. I'm heart broke. No other ring will ever be the same. So just a warning if they are loose please get a sizer put on them until you get to goal and can have them sized.

This just happened to me. Thankfully someone was gracious enough to give them back. I was sitting in my Elite Deviance class and my engagement ring slid right off my finger and down the line of tables. The guy at the end passed it back down to me. I went the next day to have it sized down. I *knew* it was big but never imagined it was two sizes too big. Now it is a perfect fit. :)

My wedding ring is made of tungsten carbide, which can't be sized. You have to order it in the size you need. When I started losing weight my fingers quickly got much thinner than they were. After my ring fell off a few times, I ended up ordering two replacement rings, one each in the next two sizes smaller than what I was wearing. (Glad they weren't expensive rings!) I'm wearing the first one now, and it's already getting lose. I fully expect the second one should be on my hand by the end of the year. I've saved the original for sentimental reasons, and as a "just in case" thing if I ever gain weight back again. Luckily, men's wedding rings are easier to replace than a womans.

Dave

Probably the most effective way to deal with rings is when you're close to, or at goal weight visit a jeweler and have it sized down to fit- I LOVE my rings now - Before I did that I had dropped one of them into a suitcase at the hotel while I was packing, although I wasn't sure it was in the suitcase. I backtracked to the conference room I had been in that morning, loked everywhere on the bed, under the bed in the hotel room, left word witht he front desk and then patiently waitied until I got home to unpack my suitcase. You see, I was afraid that if it had fallen into my suitcase I would lose it for real at the hotel if I unpacked, but if it fell out in my house, on my tile floors I would hear it. I was right, thank heavens!

I haven't wore my wedding ring in nearly a year because it is way too big and I havent went to have it sized yet. I did have my mothers ring resized because I needed a new stone put in it. I got it the month that I was banded and got a size 8 1/2. I had it resized in January to a 6 1/2. I never realized my fingers would srink so much.

Bump for this subject! My husband got me a ring for our anniversary and used an anniversary band from 2 years ago as a guide for the size. He didn't realize that I went from a 6 3/4 to a 5 1/4. I was actually able to flick my rings off my finger. Went to jeweler and had both rings sized. Was a great moment for me! Now rings getting loose again!

It is amazing! I went from a 7.5-8 to a 4. Costume rings I wear sizing bands to add so they fit.

I've lost about 6lbs and my ring size has gone from an 8 to a 7. I'm a little less than halfway to goal, and I only want to resize them once. I tried a ring guard, but with how much i wash my hands at work, it ripped up my finger! I bought a cheap silver ring in the correct size and put it in front of the too-big rings, and now it holds them on my finger. Works like a charm!

I chose to just stop wearing mine. 1, they can't be resized, and 2 they are just too big. I was a size 7 now my little fingers are a 4. Isn't that something? I now wear a size 4 1/2 ring that my daughter and I have alike. I also still wear my college ring but it's a little big too. It's a size 5 1/2. I almost lost it but I keep it on my pointer finger. I'm thinking about have designs tattooed on my fingers.