Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

muscle milk protein drink reviews

Hi, Colleen,

Good Topic.

I have been using several kinds of Protein, with good success....there are a a LOT of options out there, which is neat because you can always be trying new flavors and formulas.

Right now, I am using 4 different kinds:

Jay Robb whey Protein -powder, 25 Grams per serving/NO sugar

OhYeah! (lame name, I know) Sold in bottles, different flavors, 32 grams per serving/3 grams of sugar

Lean Body - Carton/40 grams/ no sugar/ various flavors

Muscle Milk Carton/32 grams/ 7 grams sugar/ Various Flavors

The whole protein thinsg can be a bit of a land mine, because some of them have a LOT of JUNK in them, and some of them have a lot of sugar, as well.

Convenience is a factor for me, because I work 16 hour days now, and I can't always have the powder and stuff with me to mix, which is why I keep the cartons/bottles with me.

All of the aformentioned products are pretty good. The less sugar the better. The cartons/bottles can be expensive though - I find the powder to be more cost effective for what I like.

READ THE LABELS! Like I said, some of these have a LOT of garbage in them. Shortly, I'll be re-evaluating my whole approach to protein, as I want to find products that are a little healthier than what I have been using.

HH

I've had the vanilla two times. I liked it. I've grabbed them when I was out and about and HUNGER would strike. I'm not a big chocolate fan (I know, strange) so I can't tell you about chocolate.< /p>

As headhunter said, there are many Protein drinks out there. I CAN'T STAND Isopure bottled Protein Drinks. But, some people on here love Isopure.< /p>

I've also tried the EAS premade Protein Drinks. But I think so far, the muscle milk is my favorite type of premade whey Protein.< /p>

I actually prefer soy based protein powders as me and dairy don't always agree. But, when I need something to go, it seems my only options are whey.

I guess the best thing you can do is experiment.

I think I am the only one that thinks muscle milk is terrible. I have only tried the light as I am diabetic. I have poured out several containers. I drink the slim fast lo carb. (not terrible) I havent found any I thought were delicious, but Unjury and BSN lean Desserts aren't bad. Good luck. Hope you find one that you like.

I think I am the only one that thinks muscle milk is terrible. I have only tried the light as I am diabetic. I have poured out several containers. I drink the slim fast lo carb. (not terrible) I havent found any I thought were delicious, but unjury and BSN lean desserts aren't bad. Good luck. Hope you find one that you like.

HI ALL..I JUST TRIED THE NEW ONE THAT KELLOGS PUT OUT, REALY REALLY YUMMY..SEVERAL FLAVORS..I STOPPED Protein drinks AFTER A MONTH OUT, BUT MY hair HAS STARTED TO THIN PRETTY HEAVY ON THE TOP,:mad: I GUESS I DONT EAT ENOUGH PROTIEN, SO I HAVE GONE BACK TO AT LEAST ONE shake A DAY.:thumbup:

T-ROSE

I personally like the EAS Advantedge. Only 17g of Protein but also only 110 cal. and 0 sugar. I like the chocolate very much.

You'll have to try different ones til you find what you like...lord knows there's a TON of em :-).

I drink World Wide Protein Shakes. They come in 21 and 35g Protein. I get the 35's at Vitamin Shoppe, and they come in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, banana Cream and Cookies n' Cream (my favorite--tastes like you are drinking an Oreo). The Vanilla I had today had 160, but 140 of that is protein. It had 1g sugar, 1g fat, 2 carbs, and 150mg sodium. The protein is milk based (can says Milk Protein Concentrate and Calcium Caseinate for protein source). I think the Kellogg is high in sugar and only 10g protein. I still drink WW shakes 5 days a week. I bring them to work and drink first thing in AM. About an hour later I have protein Cereal and or high protein yogurt(I get Greek plain fat free yogurt from Trader Joe--22g protein per cup, comes in 2 cup container--at home I divide into four half cups, and add cinnamon and Smuckers sugar free preserves--I end up with 11g protein, 3g sugar--lactose in the yogurt--and zero fat). If you go to Trader Joe, look for the container with shades of blue. That is the one with 22g protein per cup. They have others there also.

Edited by PATCHELTON

I agree bmooney muscle milk is terrible. I like body fortress from Walmart it has 26 g of Protein per scoop and the choc. tastes great esp. with reduced fat Peanut Butter in it. The vanilla is great with fruit in it.

Muscle milk lite RTD chocolate is the only kind of Protein drink I can stand to drink.

If you buy the right stuff, Muscle Milk Light is excellent ! Reg. Muscle Milk too.

I buy Cookies n Creme, chocolate Peanut Butter blend, strawberry shake, Vanilla, and more. This is all in powder form.

Go to Ebay, and enter Muscle Milk Light, or Muscle Milk, and check out the varieties that suppliers have.

I wouldn't buy a liquid in a metal can, that would have to be nasty.

This way you get a shaker bottle add the M.M., and Water. shake and enjoy.

The ones that I listed are excellent in taste, I have not tried the other stuff.

So check it out, and see if it interests you.

I spent $73 on two cases of made-to-drink Muscle Milk....and the strawberry and cream was good....but the chocolate was Horrible; so I asked my son about it, in Tucson yesterday, and he used to body build and drink many Protein shakes....he agreed that Muscle Milk is way over priced and tastes terrible; then he proceeded to make me the BEST drink I ever tasted. Since I had already drank two cases of Muscle Milk; I nearly died and went to heaven. This is what he put in the blender: part of a banana, some Peanut Butter, low fat milk and chocolate protein drink or powder.....WOW.....he said that when they mix that up, in person at a gym, they charge $6 for a small glass of it. TRY IT....you won't be disappointed! Hope this helps.

costco sells a high potein drink in chocolate. Not bad for 30 grams. Also try some Greek yogurt, high in Protein also!!!!!

I just heard that Syntrax matrix is really delicious. I must try

costco sells a high potein drink in chocolate. Not bad for 30 grams. Also try some Greek yogurt, high in Protein also!!!!!

I am to be banded in one month and wanted to know which Protein drink people recommend. I noticed costco has Muscle Milk in chocolate and vanilla. Has anyone tried it and what are your thoughts?

I know this reply maybe too late but you can call muscle mild and they will send you samples before you spend the money. Personally i like it. I like Eas as well but muscle milk is slightly better.

Here's the number for muscle milk-1-888-298-6629.

Wendy

I am to be banded in one month and wanted to know which Protein drink people recommend. I noticed costco has Muscle Milk in chocolate and vanilla. Has anyone tried it and what are your thoughts?

At one time Muscle Milk was the only Protein Drink I would use as I hate them! But I have since bought ready made Premier Choice from costco and it's not bad and is supposed to be a much better choice nutritionally. I add Peanut Butter powder to it for some added flavor. I will add also that the main reason I had stopped drinking the muscle milk was because it started giving me stomach pain and bloating.