Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling overwhelmed & aniexty....

good morning;

i'm 16 pounds away from goal...i had my surgery on oct. 6th 2008...i've lost about 120 pounds now...i havent updated my ticker....on one hand i'm very happy i lost my weight so fast and cant wait for this part of my journey to b over with....on the other hand...i feel like i lost my weight so fast ...i mentally havent had time to adjust...i hope i dont sound like a head case or unhappy bcuz believe me i am....i'm just taken back by the fast results...i'm scared to death of the Tummy Tuck i'll b having in august...i always knew i would have to undergo that procedure...but now that im faced with it i'm scared...has anyone else felt overwhelmed towards the end...kind of like okay i'm going to b finished...i will soon watch the scale at a standstill...no more getting excited when i go from size to size...i feel good about being able to maintain my weight...i've learned a lot and LOVE to exercise...my next phase well be some srious toning and like i mentioned plastic surgery...am i weird for feeling this way?????? a part of me is relieved and a part of me is like what just happened????????

Before I was banded I was depressed, clinically.

Now that I lost all that weight plus more....here I still am. Depressed.

Dr. Phil was right- weight is just a health thing...it never was and never will be or should define who someone is.

Sorry I don't have postive words of encouragement....but just know you aren't alone.

Be happy as you have worked so hard for something....and for once in your life your hard work has paid off. (unlike all those diets, plans, pills, etc)

You deserve this and your obesity will be a faint memory one day.

i can kinda understand what ur talkin bout flyguys. im down bout 150 lbs in 11 months. and i was never expecting it to go that fast. and im still kinda waitin to see how my skin does. but even if i do have to get sum p.s. ill know its a hell of alot better than bein fat haha. my weight is startin to flatten out, but like u said with the toning, i still got lots of work ahead of me. so for me, ive gone this far, i want all the fat gone. and when i get to that point the real work begins, to stay lean and healthy. not to mention, the whole healthy lifestyle i enjoy too. good luck with the p.s., the end result will be worth whatever u gotta go thru. congrats on ur weight loss too, and keep ya head up youve done bad ass.

Not weird at all - this has been the hardest part for me of the whole journey, after a lifetime of always trying to change myself and my body, suddenly I'm here. To be honest, I kept trying to lose weight, it took me a long time to realise I was there. It takes time but 18 months at goal and I'm starting to not be striving to see an ever smaller number on the scale. Sooner or later, we have to look at ourselves and accept what we see, and its funny how you can be so thrilled with your reflection on the one hand and still want to keep working on it on the other. I still have days where I feel I've only got hold of this by a thread, it could all slip away from me. I've got to work on not feeling that panic every time I have a day where I eat something not diet friendly (most days, lol).

I've answered your pm by the way, just saw it.