Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medial (inner) thigh lift -- are you happy you did it?

Hi All,

I am planning on having inner (medial) thigh surgery sometime within the next month or so (probably).

I have already had a TT, BL, BA and a buttocks/lateral thigh lift, so I have very few concerns at this point about undergoing surgery.

What I am concerned about, however, are the results and the scars left from this procedure. I have scoured the web and my (unscientific) observation is that far more people are dissatisfied with the results of their inner thigh surgery than almost any other body-contouring procedure. Some have gone so far as to say that it was a total waste of time and money.

I was therefore hoping to get some feedback from others on this board who have had it done. Primarily I am interested in getting your feedback on the following:

1) Are you happy with the results?

2) Would you do it again?

3) Do you feel that the scar from this procedure is (was) an acceptable trade-off for the improvement you gained?

I have not scheduled the surgery yet, as my concerns are giving me pause -- so your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I would like to know the answer to this one too. I am scheduled for medial thigh lift in May. My surgeon is planning to put the incisions in the groin crease only.

Hi Jfran,

Thanks for the bump on this thread and good luck with your upcoming surgery!

There just isn't anywhere near the info out there as there are for many of the other procedures and it would be very helpful if there is anyone out there who has had this done and would like to share with us -- whether it be good or bad.......

i just had the belt lipectomy and am super happy with the results.. i have a thigh lift scheduled for june...

the way he is doing my thigh lift is not only is he doing the cut in the groin area but he is going to take the incision down the thigh to where the excess ends (which luckily isn't down too low)

So he is taking the two different types of methods and tailoring them to my needs... so make sure you are very clear with what you want with your surgeon and he can tailor a plan for you.. It very important that you and your surgeon are on the same boat...

with this being said i still havent had that procedure done.. but im only 3 days out from the belt lipectomy and am happy with the results already!!

Edited by Jeni 85

Whatever happened to Becky, who shared your thread? She had the medial thigh lift and her after pictures were great. I too, would like feedback on this! I say you need to once again, trust your surgeon!

I had a medial thighlift with inseam Feb 27th so I am about 3 weeks out. Even with the swelling and the drains I immediately saw a huge improvement over what they were before surgery. Now the swelling is starting to reduce and I am seeing where they are not as perfect as I would have liked (some cellulite still visible) but when compared with my before pictures, it is amazing.

I think with a thighlift you have to have realistic expectations.My thighs before were very misshapen and loose. I advise not to expect to come out with thighs of a VS model (that is what I was hoping for! :tt2: and you should be happy with the results.

my incisions are healing nicely and so far are still very thin. They extend a bit past my knee to address the "knee buldge" which is my favorite part! My least favorite part about the whole thing is the incisions up in my groin area, but they are still healing. I have a very talented surgeon that has done a remarkable job on all my procedures, all my scaring looks great and in a lot of places after healing are hardly noticable.

Only 3 weeks out it is hard to say for sure what the end result will be but for now I am very pleased. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

did all of you pay for this or was it covered from your insurance if not how much is it.

For myself all of my surgeries have been self-pay. My medial thigh lift by itself would have been 6500 but I also included brachioplasty taking it to 10200 with hospital stay. Doing them together saved about $2000.

Mimin: How the heck are you doing? You are becoming a plastic surgery queen! How are the wedding plans? I think I will get my thighs done in the fall. Glad to hear that yours went well!

Hey Karey!! I am doing great, how are you!? Just as I get in the running for the crown, I drop out! I am done, I have absolutly no regrets about anything but I have reached that time where I have to just accept me for me.

Wedding plans are well... non existant.... I can't make up my mind on anything! Jamie is all on board for whatever I want and I just can't decide. So the date moved from 4/3/2010 to 10/2/2010 to give more time :tongue_smilie:

Miram: I totally understand your feeling of being done. That is why I'm lagging on the thighs. Just don't know if I want to go through it again, but I really really hate my thighs. Right now, I'm having problems with my band again! Just had fluro on Wednesday and it looks like my band has slipped again. They took out all the Fluid and will recheck in 6 weeks. Doc didn't give me much hope about my band and said I wasn't a good canidate for a new one, since I have had 2 slips. He suggested I go solo or consider getting the gastric sleeve. I am so bummed and so scared to gain any weight back. Having 2/3rds of my stomach removed really freaks me out, but that is probably the route I will take. It just sucks. I have been very vigilant about following all the rules, etc. Oh well, I guess there are alot bigger problems in the world than mine. As far as your wedding goes, you just need to do it! Don't get bogged down in the details. Have fun and enjoy it, there is no right or wrong to it and you won't make everyone happy no matter what you do! Take care and heal.

Karey: I am so sorry about your band again:( I had a minor slip last year and removing all my Fluid for 6 weeks fixed it! So don't give up hope! I now have much less than I had before, I am somewhere around 1.4cc where I had been up around 2.5 when I slipped. I have not had an ajustment since and although I could use a fill I just don't want to risk it so I fight the temptations instead and have to rely on myself more than the band. I too am terrified of gaining weight back so I would totally do the same thing and go for an alternative surgery if I had to. I hope the unfill does it for you, you have been through enough already!

It was not until this last surgery that I realized how done I am. Recovery has been harder with this one that the rest it seems. I have had very little go wrong *knock on wood* but my goodness this round knocked me on my butt. This is my first week back to work and it has been a rough one.

Hi,

I agree that it really comes down to expectations. I hope to have a thigh lift in Dec and even if they aren't perfect, if he draping goes away I'll be happy.

Karey, I am so sorry about the slip! Hoping that it will fix itself with the unfill!

~Lori