Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEB 3rd!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

OK - I am home and feeling pretty good. Have some soreness and gas pains but I can handle that. I haven't had any pain. Had some sugar Jello for lunch and was told to keep the Clear liquids for a day or two and then start full liquids. Can't wait to have some cream Soup. Sounds wonderful.

How is everyone else doing? Hope you are doing great. Keep us informed.

Linda Lou:tongue2:

I was banded yesterday - the 3rd. I started feeling better about 10 p.m. that night. Mostly sore on left side where all the work was done. I am on a liquid/full liquid meal plan for 2 weeks. I forgot to ask when I can drive and when I can take a shower. I will make a call tomorrow to the doctor's office. I will also start counting my liquid and Protein tomorrow and start taking my Vitamins and Iron.< /p>

hey yall! I am feeling okay-- I am having some gas pains and just sore. I am mostly just uncomfortable. It is not as nearly painful as I though it would be! Keep us updated on how all yall are doing.

hello fellow banders, I too am just feeling mostly uncomfortable rather than in pain. Will be on fluids for the next couple of days then can graduate to cream Soups etc. Very happy that the surgery part is done....the first big step and now lots and lots of baby steps to get to my goal!!!

2nd day and feeling alot better - just soreness now - I guess I got all the gas out of me. I am also on a clear liquid diet and was told to do that for a couple days or until I start feeling hungry. I took a shower this morning - felt wonderful. They told me that when I stop taking my pain medicine and feel up to it that I can drive. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. How exciting.....

I am also doing better today!! I think I have got almost all the gas out of me. I got to go to some full liquids today! I have had a 1/2 cup of my Protein Shake and a pudding cup. It was GREAT! ha! I am glad to read that all of us are doing farely well!! Mimi you are right--the big step is over-surgery- but now we have lots of baby steps to get to our goal!! Let's please try to keep in touch! I like to see how people are doing that got it done at the same time as me! How much walking have yall done?

Congrats on everyone's surgery.

Mine went very well.

Doc did a great job..

Im still sore, and looking forward to being rid of all the gas pains.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned the GasX.. it helped alot.

Unfortunately I have a sad side note:

The Elem School where my children attend called child services on me because my daughter missed a day to come and be with me in the hospital. ( My children have not missed any school and do not have a history of missing other that winter illness)

They somehow 'assumed' that she was left all alone at home.. Im very dissapointed, that they would think such a thing because my daughter stated she helped babysit her younger brother.. We were never contacted and the children were 'interviewed' at school during the day before I returned home, and they are feeling very confused... and so am I..

oh my goodness MiFive! That is absolutely horrible! Schools seem to be taking things a little too far at times! I hope everything gets cleared up quickly!

MiFIVE - I am sure they will get things straightened out - you certainly don't need that stress on you right now. Hang in there.

I am going to start full liquids tomorrow - can't wait. I'm afraid of taking too much at a time - I have my baby spoons, but it still makes me nervous - I don't want to vomit....

I know my dietician said that she tells everyone to get a work search book and when they are eating they should take a baby spoon bite - put the spoon down and find three words before you take another bite. She said alot of her clients do that. I will try that.

Anyone having neck and shoulder pain? Maybe it is just from sitting around, but they certainly are achy.

Good Luck everybody and keep writing in with your updates.

Linda Lou

I let one of my daughters stay at the hospital with me for the night and wrote her excuse the next day - family comes first

I am feeling much better today but I wonder if I am eating too much. I have had all of my Protein and liquids for the day (recommended amounts) I can eat a cup of Soup at a time - is that too much? I had a carnation Breakfast drink in the a.m. tomatoe Soup for luch a popsicle and cream of shrimp soup for dinner (1 cup)

I started my Vitamin, Iron, and Calcium today as well. I still take the pain medicine every 4 hours to keep me comfortable. I have walked plenty and even took a quick shower.

Muttilien , that sounds like a good menu today.

was thinking we could only have the chicken broth and Jello.. so thats all I had today.

As for the school matter.. Im so disappointed by the actions of which ever staff member took such a premature action without even gathering all the information. They didnt even really listen to the child in the first place.

How humiliating to be investigated for doing nothing wrong. The principal of the school stated to my husband that the action was taken abruptly and that he did not agree with it.

As for the investigation, Im certain that it will be okay.. its just that this was completely unncessary.. And now I feel terrible for having my daughter there at the hospital with me... she was so sweet and helpful to me.

Gosh, whichever staff member that made such of a decision must have not really thought of how our children would feel. Their mother just having surgery, and then to be questioned by strangers, and to feel as if their parents or they had done something wrong. They come home from school today and said they do not like the social worker from school.. and think they are mean people... wasnt real sure how I could change their point of view.

I am afraid to eat that much. I am just starting my full liquids - I had sugar free pudding (thinned down) with some of my Protein shake in it for Breakfast. I had broth and Jello, but probably about 3 or 4 oz total for lunch. I am trying to keep my drinking up in between meals. Walked a little bit outside - felt good.

Hope to be back to work on Monday - it might be only 1/2 day though....

Each day gets better

Hey everyone! I'm doing well, tonight was the first time I tried to eat anything in the semi solid category ....now I see what restriction feels like even before I've had any fills. I get my staples out next Friday. They sure are getting itchy.. Hope you all are doing well!!:thumbup:

Hey all I'm checking in FINALLY. The surgery went well.. Just lots of gas. I'm on the week of Clear Liquids and am so looking forward to Tuesday as I don't like broths. I have strained some chicken noodle Soup and that was pretty good but now I'm getting tired of the sweet taste in my mouth from all the Jello, juices and popcicles. But all in all things are great. Still not running any marathons yet but hope to one day. Glad that everyone has had successful surgeries as well.... Tam

PS had a little scare during surgery so have to be on an antibiotic which is giving me the runs and lots of extra gas. Not so fun.

Woohoo! got my staples out today.....what a relief! Another month before my first fill. I have to say that the recovery has been rougher than I had anticipated....but I can now get back into the pool so thats a good thing :ohmy: