Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a failure...PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Dophin, just a couple of observations. You said:

WHOLE BOWL :scared2:of salad with all kinds of veggies, cheese, bacon bits etc. I should NOT be able to eat a whole damn bowl of salad. What the hell is wrong with me???:) I dont have any diet plan laid out, I just try to watch what I eat and nothing seems to work.

Lettuce has almost no nutritional value at all, is mostly Water and when you chew it up it can pass through the stoma very quickly. So you can easily eat more volume of lettuce than other things. As for the cheese and bacon bits, that's a deep pit. You can be piling on calories when you start putting stuff like that one a salad. That was always the problem with salad bars. I read many articles about how people thought they were eating so well only to discover that "healthy" salad had over 1000 calories because of the stuff they put on top of the lettuce. This can happen with almost anything. You say you don't have a diet plan laid out. That needs to change NOW.

1. Journal every bite you put in your mouth. Nobody is going to see it but you so please be honest with yourself. 1 M&M? put it on there. There are several options for journaling online (free) that will help you track your calories. Aim for 1,000- 1,200 per day. I believe that at www.livestrong.com there is a good option for journaling.

2. Make SURE you eat at least 60 grams of Protein per day. My doc's eating plan says 3 oz of lean Protein per meal, vegetable, whole grain carb (about 15 grams of carbs is a serving).

3. If you get hungry in less than 3 hours, you may need another fill, but if you snack, choose PROTEIN. An ounce of low fat cheese or a boiled egg because they are about 7 grams of protein and less than 100 calories for either one.

Hope this helps.

You might need to go back to your doctor and have them check the Fluid in your band. I know I waited 7 months to go in when i gained 20 lbs back. I found out that i had 1 and half cc less than i should have had. I guess my body absorbed it. You will gain muscle mass, but muscles do help burn more calories. I also have PCOS and carry my fat in the belly and yes I am having a very hard time too. We must not give up and keep at it and the excercise is a must for us both........... Proud Mom of 3 adopted kids..

I switched doctors yesterday and I am so glad I did. He was very nice and did not belittle me. I felt good when I left and found out that although my previous dr. said I had 6.5 cc in my realize band, I only had 4.3 ccs. No wonder it has been so hard. I reportedly received 4 ccs in January. And, my previous dr. would not check to see what was in there. Now I know it doesn't have to be as hard as it was. I have lost 49 pounds in 10 months and am feeling restriction today. Just hang in there and if your doctor doesn't treat you right, find another one. It is a difficult decision to make and takes some research, but you will be happy you did it. The new dr. only wants me to lose 30 more pounds, while the old one set a goal for me I would never reach. Keep on working on it and it will happen. I think I am telling myself that as much as you all.

I did make an appointment with my doc for this week,as suggested. It seems like I cant stop eating.

I have a lot on my mind with getting the current news that I need to have my spine fused and also having a bulging dics. I have had both knees replaced in the past 10yrs and a hip in 2007 because of arthritis. I just dont feel like moving a lot. I am only 55. my husband was killed in a car accident 8 months before I had both knees replaced and it seems like I am constantly being tested in my faith.

I ask that you my online family pray for me,as I will for you.

Edited by diva54
spelling

Bless your heart! Your saga is one of those stories that reminds those of us who still have reasonably good health and have our loved ones close just HOW BLESSED WE ARE! God Bless... Keep the faith!

I also feel like a failure. I had surgery on july 1, 2008. I lost 52 lbs. I have maintained but not lost anymore. I was exercising three hours a day for 4 months and didnt loose a thing. I cannot eat very much at a time no bread at all. I dont think i go over 1500 cal per day on a bad day and maybe 1000 on most days. I am very tight. I really didnt want to loose very fast because i didnt want to have such terrible sagging skin. But i havent lost anything since january. I am thinking of a revision to vertical sleeve so that i dont always feel like something in in my throat. I havent exercised in two months due to sorriness and disgust. I am under a lot of stress due to our business that has been going down. We are trying to sell but no luck. I have been feeling sorry for myself. I hope someone has a suggestion for me.

Look at Cathy's post above. Journal your food. You may only be eating 1000-1500 calories per day and honestly, if you vary that from day to day but don't go over that, you will probably lose as long as they are healthy foods. BUT, when you are exercising, especially as much as you were earlier, you MUST eat more than that. Do you ever watch Biggest Loser and hear them YELL at people when they don't eat their calories every day. It isn't pretty. Journal your foods, and I mean every bite that goes into your mouth, even drinks, for week. Look at the week overall and get a realistic idea of how many calories you are consuming and where they are coming from.

This summer, I didn't lose anything. I still ate 1200-1500 every day, as usual, but I ate a lot of popcorn for those calories and sat more than normal. When I returned to teaching in August, I stopped the popcorn every day and I never sit while teaching, so I started losing again. Don't give up on your situation. You are obviously very disciplined. Try the food journal and see if it helps you.

I am on ss disability because of my arthritis and medicare paid for my lapband. I was wondering if there is anyone else on here on medicare. I am wondering if anyone has had a revision surg. paid for by medicare after the lapband didnt work.:)