Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone From Austin, TX

I have had all my testing done and finally got my surgery date! November 18th and I am so excited! This site has been so helpful to me that I just want to thank everyone for all the information, the good, the bad and even the yucky. I'm looking forward to my new journey to a thinner and healthier ME!

Howdy , I am from Buda ! Welcome . Glad you got your date that is awesome!who is doing your surgery ?

Mindy

I am from Round Rock! I go in Thursday for my final appointment with my surgeon and will hopefully get my surgery date. Who is doing your surgery? Dr.Brady is doing mine.

You talking to me ? LOL

I am from Round Rock! I go in Thursday for my final appointment with my surgeon and will hopefully get my surgery date. Who is doing your surgery? Dr.Brady is doing mine.

Welcome! I live in Round Rock, also, and was banded just a few days ago on October 22. Dr. Marsden from True Results did my surgery and I believe he did a fantastic job. He even fixed a hiatal hernia that I was not aware of and gave me "before and after" pictures of the hernia AND the band! Very interesting to see (or not?). In any event, I hope you get your surgery date soon and have a positive experience. I would also recommend that you join one of the support groups here in Austin. They are a great help to those of us with constant questions! ;)

Hello,

I wanted to join the group. I went to TR-Austin they helped me a great deal. I had my surgery on may 27/08 with Dr. Fass and I have lost 50 pounds. I am in plateu right now. Yesterday I had my band adjusted to 6.8cc and so far I am feeling full today. We'll see I still need to loose the last 25 pounds and hopefully this adjustemt is going to help me.

I wanted to share a video I made about my journey and my experience. It was made in September.

There is so much hope with the Lap Band...Keep up the good work.

Regards

Vicky

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6A4Xoz9l7A]YouTube - Lap Band[/ame]

Any of ya'll are welcome to email me privatly as well , Since I seem to be the "vet" of the responders so far. I was banded July 07 and im down 105 pds.

So feel free to email me or PM with any questions you might have .

Maybe we can all meet up at some point, I always love to meet local bandsters !

Love

mindy

coltonwade has helped me alot... i'm also looking into the surgery as soon as my insurance coverage kicks in.

I also live in Austin, Texas....

I'm headed to my first seminar next week....

Edited by creed2474

Hi Y'all I am In Pflugerville, I was Banded 9-11-08 and I am down 42 lbs. I was also banded by Dr. Fass... I LOVE THAT MAN!!! Anyhoo, just thought I would say hello to y'all.

I'm curious what insurance do you have?

From the first doctor appointment.... how long did it take you to have the surgery?

Which office was your doctor with? I have heard of ABIL and Southwest Bariatrics.

Did you have to do a diet plan? How long was that?

I absolutely LOVED the video! Thank you so much for sharing!!! It looks like our situations are very similar in that we both had approximately 75 pounds to lose to get to a healthy BMI. Some people tried to make me feel guilty about having the lap band because I was not as morbidly obese as some (but how much is too much???). The thing to keep in mind, however, is that I qualified for the surgery and have several of the comorbidities (i.e, Type II Diabetes, high blood pressure, acid reflux - and I found out I had a hiatal hernia when they placed the band!, and osteoarthritis). Hopefully much of this will be helped with the aid of the lapband. Still, the band was placed just 3 days ago (10/22) and there is absolutely no restriction. As a matter of fact, Dr. Marsden said that it was just "spinning there" for right now and anticipates that I will have a difficult time sticking to the diet until the first fill, two, or three. I am committed, however, so I shall accept this as a challenge.

Thanks again so much for the video. Was there some type of a newspaper article written about your weight log? Also I recognized the Austin Surgical Hospital logo in the background. It made me smile!

Edited by jeannebs1

I absolutely LOVED the video! Thank you so much for sharing!!! It looks like our situations are very similar in that we both had approximately 75 pounds to lose to get to a healthy BMI. Some people tried to make me feel guilty about having the lap band because I was not as morbidly obese as some (but how much is too much???). The thing to keep in mind, however, is that I qualified for the surgery and have several of the comorbidities (i.e, Type II Diabetes, high blood pressure, acid reflux - and I found out I had a hiatal hernia when they placed the band!, and osteoarthritis). Hopefully much of this will be helped with the aid of the lapband. Still, the band was placed just 3 days ago (10/22) and there is absolutely no restriction. As a matter of fact, Dr. Marsden said that it was just "spinning there" for right now and anticipates that I will have a difficult time sticking to the diet until the first fill, two, or three. I am committed, however, so I shall accept this as a challenge.

Thanks again so much for the video. Was there some type of a newspaper article written about your weight log? Also I recognized the Austin Surgical Hospital logo in the background. It made me smile!

This is something docs in my opnion do not emphasis enough .

People will not or ( very few do ) get restirction , and there fore feel the beneifits of the band until they start getting fills .

I honestly think more and more people ( I think from lack of education from the docs) walk out of surgery #1 expecting to lose weight right then and there #2 expect to have restriction .

The band is a tool , you have to use the tool for it to work. If there are no "Hands on " ( the fills) the tool it wont work .

So i am not sure why docs do not emphasis that more?

Also they do not tell them just what you said, it CAN take several fills before you feel anything from the fills.

I think this is what gets people frustrated ?

good luck to all of ya'll if anyone want to meet up in person let me know .

Or if anyone wants/needs one on one emails support just drop me a line !

Mindy

Thanks to all for the comments. I just love all the information everyone shares. Dr. Fass is also my surgeon and he really is good. He did tell me not to expect much weight loss the first 6 months. I'm looking forward to attending a support group. I live in southwest Austin and was wondering if there was a group down south or is the only one at Seton Hospital on 38th?

Thanks to all for the comments. I just love all the information everyone shares. Dr. Fass is also my surgeon and he really is good. He did tell me not to expect much weight loss the first 6 months. I'm looking forward to attending a support group. I live in southwest Austin and was wondering if there was a group down south or is the only one at Seton Hospital on 38th?

booma I live in Buda !

Mindy

coltonwade, we're almost neighbors! Is there a support group that meets in south austin or buda? If so, when is the next meeting? Would love to attend.