Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Breastfeeding in public:

Views
Started by Wheetsin, Oct 17, 2008 1:09 AM
96 replies to this topic
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Breastfeeding in public: (select all that apply) (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Breastfeeding in public: (select all that apply)

1. Should never be done, period. (6 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

2. Is fine with modest measures such as a nursing cover or blanket drape to cover her body. (107 votes [45.73%])

Percentage of vote: 45.73%

3. Is fine when done out of the public eye, like in a restroom, but should not be done in busy areas. (22 votes [9.40%])

Percentage of vote: 9.40%

4. Is only ok in places that aren't very crowded/populated. (3 votes [1.28%])

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

5. Is only ok if small children aren't around. (1 votes [0.43%])

Percentage of vote: 0.43%

6. Is fine any time and anywhere, it's natural and babies need to eat. (95 votes [40.60%])

Percentage of vote: 40.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted March 23, 2009 - 1:48 AM

i breastfed all 3 of my kids, and always found a modest way to do it in public. but how can you modestly breast feed a child thats 3 1/2?

Jachut

Banded Down Under

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted March 23, 2009 - 5:56 PM

With great difficulty! Its almost impossible, thankfully at 3 and a half breastfeeding would not be an eight times per day event!

DownInSocal

Aspiring Evangelist

• My Blogs
Posted May 13, 2009 - 11:22 PM

Whip em out. It is all good to me. I am not fazed by a nakee boobie. I have two myself.

DownInSocal

Aspiring Evangelist

• My Blogs
Posted May 13, 2009 - 11:25 PM

If you call my opinion judgement, you're sadly confused. Why would there even be a thread on public bfing if you don't really want to hear or know what others think about it? Go talk to your sisterhood then. BYE!

Patty are you hiding pills in your bible? I could not even figure out if she was talking to you or not. Good lord.....

texasweb

Expert Member

• Surgery Date: Feb 2009
  • Height: 5 feet 8 inches
  • Starting Weight: 270 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 115 lbs
  • Current Weight: 155 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 170 lbs
  • BMI: 23.6
Posted May 14, 2009 - 6:54 AM

I only breast feed in my bedroom when my wife and I are alone.

Lady Lap Band

ladylapband.blogspot.com

• Surgeon: Lelan Sillin
  • Surgery Date: Jun 2009
  • Height: 5 feet 5 inches
  • Starting Weight: 252
  • Weight Lost: 78
  • Current Weight: 174
  • Goal Weight: 148
  • BMI: 29
  • My Blogs
Posted May 16, 2009 - 4:03 PM

From a political standpoint I believe it should be able to be done in public with modesty. I think mothers should take into consideration making people around them uncomfortable.

From a personal view, I am really really grossed out by it. I don't plan to do it when I have children, and I get sick to my stomach around people who are doing it. I know it's great for the baby and all, just trying to keep it real and be honest!

NurseMelly

Expert Member

Posted May 17, 2009 - 7:50 AM

I love breastfeeding! I know that's a weird thing to say but it is so wonderful!! Breastfed babies have less incidence of respiratory infection, ear infections, gut problems (ie. Celiac disease, NEC, constipation, Crohns, IBS), Diabetes, they score higher on IQ tests, have stronger eyesight, less allergies. Not to mention, it's so great for mom too. It burns over 500 calories a day, less preparation for feedings, less incidence of breast cancer, and it just creates this awesome bond.

I don't care if anyone is offended by breastfeeding. It's one of the most precious and longest lasting gifts you can give your child. People need to get over themselves :rolleyes2:

Jesusislove

God's Lady P

• Surgery Date: Feb 2012
  • Height: 5 feet 9 inches
  • Starting Weight: 240 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 57 lbs
  • Current Weight: 183 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 177 lbs
  • BMI: 27
  • My Blogs
Posted May 17, 2009 - 5:28 PM

Breastfeeding is natural, and I have seen breasts exposed in public, and no breastfeeding. Some fashions today are made to show it all anyway, so why should I jump down a mother's throat for doing what she needs to do. I would say use wisdom when you breastfeed, but don't go all out of the way if you baby is hungry.

123crod

I love my LapBand!!

• Surgeon: Hadar Spivak
  • Surgery Date: Jul 2009
  • Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Posted October 9, 2009 - 5:04 PM

Who would want to eat in the restroom, so why should a baby?

TN_girl21

Guru in Training

• Surgeon: Jaime Ponce
  • Surgery Date: Dec 2009
  • Height: 5 feet 7 inches
  • Starting Weight: 246
  • Weight Lost: 13
  • Current Weight: 233
  • Goal Weight: 150
  • BMI: 36.5
Posted November 18, 2009 - 4:55 PM

I am not against breast feeding in public, but my thing is please cover up. I know it's natural, but honestly, I do not want to see another woman's boobs. I'm not trying to be mean...but it's just my opinion. And I asked my husband (who is 23...and shouldn't care about seeing boobs right?) Well, it even makes him uncomfortable for a woman to take her boob out and not cover up when breast feeding. I don't care where or when a woman does it. They can do it sitting at the dinner table for all I care, I just wish they would cover up. And I have heard from many dads who wished their wives would cover up rather than expose their boob to the world. But to each her own..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Oct 24
    Ava324

Had my first upper GI yesterday. First off COOL, and second, my sleeve is fre...

Show comments (3)
View All Updates