Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

super excited about my Plastic Surgery

:w00t: I am so excited...I saw Dr. Burns in Victoria, Texas and I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck and arm lift Jan 6th, 2009. WhooHoo!

I saw him again today about a possible face lift, but we decided to wait until spring for that. I just know the next few months are going to go by waaay toooo sloooow! :)

thanx for listening, Joanie :redface:)

Joanie: You do have a while to wait! Why are you waiting so long? I've been waiting for 3 months for my 2nd go round and it's way too long to be worrying about it. I just get too many questions and anxiety's, but it does give you lots of time to exercise and get in super shape. You're gong to love the flatlands. Look forward to sharing your journey!

Joanie: You do have a while to wait! Why are you waiting so long? I've been waiting for 3 months for my 2nd go round and it's way too long to be worrying about it. I just get too many questions and anxiety's, but it does give you lots of time to exercise and get in super shape. You're gong to love the flatlands. Look forward to sharing your journey!

The main reason I can't do it sooner is there is too much stuff going on for the next few months. I leave the 23rd. for a visit with my sister in Pa. for Halloween and then I will be staying till the 18th of Nov. to help her after her Tummy Tuck. Then the holidays are upon us. Plus, my sister said she can come help me after my surgery so she'll be here shortly after Christmas.

Like I said, just too much going on....but I wish it were sooner. And it will give me more time to lose that last 15lbs. to get me to my goal weight. My surgeon is even going to wait until the week before the surgery date to take my before pics, so it will be a true comparison.

I can't wait!!!:tongue:

Well it's been over a month since my Tummy Tuck and breast lift and I just couldn't be happier. No more butt in the front. Whoop! I was supposed to have my arms done. but I had to have surgery on my left shoulder in Dec. so Dr. burns didn't want to chance messing that up, but I love the way my boobs look now. Wow!

Dr. Burns and his staff are super....I would recommend him to anyone. Check out my pics. 100lbs lighter since my lapband.

later, Joanie :rolleyes:)

Well, I have had an arm lift now, about 2-3 weeks ago and doing well. A little sore, but healing. I think I'm done, though!

Thanks for continuing the thread. Any chance we will see skin pictures? How are your arms coming along? You are very brave.

Mimi

I guess I could crop some of the Tummy Tuck and show the arms, but not the boobs...I'm a little too modest for that. Haha! Let me work on that. Don't expect them to look too pretty right now, it hasn't been that long.

I can tell you I lost 2 in. under my bust, my bust is only 1/2 in. smaller(which is fine), 4 in. less at my waist, 4 +1/2 in. less at my hips and 3 in. smaller in my upper leg. :crying:

Thanks for the interest and I will get those pics up soon.

later, Joanie :laugh:)

I had my arms done too and I was shocked when I came out of the OR and I couldn't even feed myself. The arms feel so heavy! Of course that doesn't last for very long, thank goodness! I have mixed feelings about them, too. I like that they are so much smaller, but I'm really not crazy about the scars. Oh well! Glad you're doing so well. It really is life altering!

Glad to hear you're healing up nicely! I will be doing tummy tuck/breast lift/aug soon, but boy, sure wish i could do the arms also. (i absolutely hate them!) When you feel ready to post pics, would love to see them. Thanks!

Sam

I guess I could crop some of the Tummy Tuck and show the arms, but not the boobs...I'm a little too modest for that. Haha! Let me work on that. Don't expect them to look too pretty right now, it hasn't been that long.

I can tell you I lost 2 in. under my bust, my bust is only 1/2 in. smaller(which is fine), 4 in. less at my waist, 4 +1/2 in. less at my hips and 3 in. smaller in my upper leg. :huh2:

Thanks for the interest and I will get those pics up soon.

later, Joanie :eek:)

Joanie your a whole new woman and you look awsome!!!:)

:) Thanks to you all for you're comments and support.

Joanie :thumbup:)

I have attached some pics of my Tummy Tuck and breast lift. some from 4 days after, and some from 1-2 mos after.

cropped side view 1'10'09.bmp

cropped side view 2'18'09.bmp

cropped back view 1'10'09.bmp

cropped back view 2'18'09.bmp

cropped front view 3'1'09.bmp

Okay, here are the arm pics....3 days after and 4 weeks after. I also threw in one so you could see that you can't see the scar and, more importantly, the flab.....is gone! :)

cropped arms 3'7'09.bmp

cropped arms 3'30'09.bmp

cropped arms 3'30'09b.bmp