Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! If you have had or are going to have lapband surgery and live in Japan, I would like to speak with you about your experiences. Leona

I am mmoving to Japan soon and am about to have the band put in...do you know of a fill center I can go to while in Japan? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am mmoving to Japan soon and am about to have the band put in...do you know of a fill center I can go to while in Japan? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello! Where will you be living in Japan? If you will be near Tokyo I can refer you to my surgeon. Otherwise, I can ask my surgeon for a referral in the location that you will be living.

Hello! Where will you be living in Japan? If you will be near Tokyo I can refer you to my surgeon. Otherwise, I can ask my surgeon for a referral in the location that you will be living.

I will be living approx 45min South of Hiroshima in a town called Iwakuni. I would love a referral to your surgeon but if he can give you a referral to someone closer to me I would greatly appreciate it.

did you have the band done in Japan or are just thinking about it right now?

Will you be attached to the Marine base? I live at Yokota Air Base and was referred to Yotsuya Medical Cube in Tokyo. The surgeons are superb and both speak English. The facility is also quite nice. However, due to the distance from Iwakuni, I will ask them for a referral during my next appointment. Also, if you are attached to the military and are illegible to fly "Space A" there are many flights each month to/from Iwakuni to Yokota. Then the train to Tokyo is about one hour. When do you expect to have surgery and your expected travel date? You will need to bring ALL surgical reports and then get a referral from your doctor here in Japan. They do not accept US insurance, but have been quite helpful in providing reports necessary for me to make the claims. So, without Japanese insurance you will need to pay cash at the time of your appointment. Please, let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Yes, I will be attached to the Marine Base, so if nothing else I am elligble for a space A travel. My surgery is sched for 7-6-09 and am moving to Iwakuni in early 2010.

Thanks for the info on the surgical reports. My insurance will not be covering this so I am self pay. I assume they will not becovering my fills either. Can you tell me approx how much fills cost at your surgeons office? I read somewhere on the internet that it was really expensive for fills in Japan. thanks

Fills are quite affordable. Adjustments done under Fluoroscope are approximately 20,000 Yen. Sounds like you will be doing fine by the time you reach Japan. I will ask for a referral and forward the info to you in the next week or so.

Hello, I am just checking in with you to see how the surgery went and how you are doing? I go to the surgeon on Wednesday so will ask about the referral. Take care! Leona :)

Hey Leona,

good to hear from you. Surgery went well! I was so nervous.

I am doing ok, the liquid diet is sorta hard but I'm handling it. I FINALLY get to have liquid yogurt and creamy soups...only 13 more days of liquids.

Ok, so I have a few questions- how long were you bloated after surgery! I feel bigger than I was before surgery...LOL! Also, I've been having headaches the last few days and just a tiny bit of nausea, I think I may be dehydrated... did that happen to you?

Friends,

HELP PLEASE, I need a fill.

Does anyone know a Doctor anywhere in Japan.

I live in Okinawa Japan but can fly anywhere into Mainland Japan.

BTW: my language skills are very small; if they speak a little English that would help.

Please contact me at: suannjuly64@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Suann

Is there anyone out there that can tell me where to get lap band fills in Japan -- near Yokahama -- or anywhere in Japan.

Many thanks,

Please email sheelk at

komishe@yahoo.com

Did you ever get answer to this? I visit Yokohama frequently and would like to know where to go in case of emergency. Thank you.

I found doctor in Tokyo. He is really good and speaks great English. I would like to find some sort of support group though :(

I found doctor in Tokyo. He is really good and speaks great English. I would like to find some sort of support group though :(

Can you please share the doctor's name and contact info?

It must be frustrating to not have support there. Please come here in the mean time, though!!