Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!! :-( I have a bad case of the poops

Thanks to all of you....

it has been 38 minutes without an episode...i took the 2 immodiums and i am sipping Propel...so far so good....

I am scared but strong and wont feel funny calling the dr and saying something to him...lol

You're probably right! Sounds like you are keeping the Propel in so far...that's good. You know, when I start a different diet this can happen so unless you were on a liquid diet before, this is probably just your body flipping out. You should be ok once the immodium gets a hold. It slows stuff down, doesn't need to bind (like a Fiber or something) so you'll be fine.

it is a bit scary..electrolyte imbalance is a tough thing...I do happen to kjnow someone who passed away from that after having the gastric bypass 6 months out of surgery....it was a horrible thing and it is something I am leary of...

I had bad diarrhea that started a few days after surgery. I tried Imodium for a couple days before calling my doc. He told me to drink 2 cups of gatorade after each time I went to the bathroom (I didn't drink THAT much but I did drink at least a quart a day). And he also told me to take kaopectate (I think it's the same as pepto, but I did take kaopectate). It helped SO much more than the Imodium and the gatorade really made me feel better.

Good luck! Hope it passes soon.

Kaopectate is not the same as pepto. Very different. It's what we used to take for diahrrea before immodium came out. LOL

and the gatorade is right on to replace lost fluids and electrolytes.

Kaopectate is not the same as pepto. Very different. It's what we used to take for diahrrea before immodium came out. LOL

Hmmm... I just double checked and indeed Kaopectate and pepto Bismal have the exact same active ingredient: Bismuth subsalicylate:

Bismuth subsalicylate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imodium is the one that is completely different from the other two. I believe it may be the safest option, and is thus preferred by physicians, especially for long-term diarrhea caused by chronic illness. But it didn't work as well for me.

You are right, I stand corrected! Sorry about that!

I hope you are feeling better. I had just logged on to the forum to see if there was any information on loose bowels and saw your thread. I was constipated the first day, but after going the first time, I have gone at least twice a day and it has been super loose. I just graduated to full liquids yesterday so I was wondering how I even had anything to go. I think it may be the artificial sweetener in the sugar free pudding, sugar free Jello, splenda in the caffeine free ice tea, and the sugar free popsicles, plus all the Water. I am hoping my body is just cleaning itself out as it has not been this empty for this long probably ever.

It could be two things... first you may have a problem with the Protein you are drinking. whey caused me all kinds of problems.. even lactose free Protein like Isopure.

Second, it could be all the artificial sweeteners. I usually drink a lot of diet coke and things like that (at least I did pre-op) but not nearly as much as I did on the liquids. My dietician took me off of whey and anything artificially colored or sweetened. I'm eating lots of chicken broth!!!

Are you drinking a lot of juices? That will make you poop like crazy.

My first week I was told to drink things with sugar, second week on...no sugary drinks.

Hope youre feeling better. Glad to see the immodium somewhat helped! I drink propel or gatoraid ALL the time. I think theyre alot better for you than just plain H20- right now sugar shouldnt be an issue but when you get to feeling better the Propel Zero has no cals and no sugar!! But still has the electrolytes. If youre used to drinking a lot of sodas and stuff you can easily get dehydrated with this band. DRINK DRINK DRINK!!! :) Hope youre feeling better!!

Hello all and thank you all so much for your support...I have to say that after my last post I fell asleep and woke up at 345 this am to ..well just go pee pee :)

I did not have to poop!!!!:rolleyes:

I went back to sleep and just woke up...I am sooo thrilled...

My diet has ONLY been per hour....

Beef broth (4 oz only)

Decaf coffee with a tablespoon of skim milk and 1/4 sweet low pack (4 oz only)

Plain old dasani Water

Water with special k Protein powder thrown into it

popsickles sugar free (maybe 2 a day)

sugar free Jello

That is all I was told to have (I could have any kind of broth but felt beef was heartier) (Some juices if I cut them in half with water and cryastal lite) I was told nothing with sugar

So today I am going to drink some Vitamin water with some calories and Vitamins and find some sugar free gatorade or something...

I feel so much better than that shaking basket case I was last night!!!!

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

I'm So glad you're doing better. Once your electrolytes are balanced you really don't need to drink gatorade daily (kind of pricey for me, and it's too salty for me too) but it's great for anyone who has the runs. Even the sugar...helps replace lost glycogen. However, there is a light version that works too! :)

Thanks for posting your follow-up!