Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dazed and Confused NZ

Hi guys,

Am not really sure what to do on these forums, i have been posting under the other NZ thread but wasn't too sure if thats the right way to do it so will give this a go :lol:

As posted before, i am a bit confused as to how to come to the final big decision of whether to have the band or sleeve. I was postitive about having the band but have been reading a few things about the sleeve and a friend of mine is adamant she is getting the sleeve and I start to wonder maybe I should to. Reading the posts on these pages can be quite scary, there seems to be alot of ongoing issues with the band eg swallowing and the tight feeling people get, just wondering if someone that has had it for a while could post me back to tell me if it does get back to some sort of normality after a while or is it an ongoing thing. I dont have a date yet but have been for all my pre appointments and now just waiting to hear back, but will probably be sometime in October.

Look forward to hearing from someone :tongue:

I am having a band placed in 2 days. I wasn't a candidate for the sleeve but would have opted for the band anyway because it doesn't permanently change me physically. I think it is always important to leave myself an 'out' in life, whenever feasible. I think it helps the stress of a situation become easier to tolerate and, in the end, results in better success. Also, I am a nurse in surgery. The thought of altering my body's organs, when there is an alternate option that is effective, just seems to be a bit creepy and an unneeded hazard for other complications. I'd say start with the least invasive and then if for some reason it doesn't give the needed results go for the next least invasive.. i.e. the sleeve. I wish you well with whichever procedure you decide to have.

208.5/203.5/135

Anna

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches