Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does this bug anyone else?

I think it's great that the owner of this board has given the LDS bandsters their own thread.

But i see that we are SEPARATE from the CHRISTIAN Bandsters......the only reason that bugs me is because, well, you know, so many Christians think that Mormons AREN'T.

And to put us in a separate category kind of reinforces that.....

BUT, I like being over here by ourselves......

Just sayin'........:thumbup:

Where does it say you cant post with the Christians? I don,t think they would throw you out if they truly are Christians!

Well that would be my fault. I requested that we have our own separate forum. We can post under the Christian forum for anything generically Christian, but there are LDS specific issues that I thought it would be nice to have our own forum where we can discuss them.

I'm truly sorry if I have done anything to perpetuate the myth that Latter-day Saints don't believe in Christ. We are, however, a bit different from mainstream Christianity. Not in beliefs, so much as how we go about living them and talking about them, probably more talking about them than living them. I think we're probably pretty similar in a lot of our life choices.

Ideally, we should probably be a sub-forum under Christian Bandsters, but to me it looked like it would be just a thread under that title, not a whole forum.

No, No, please don't get me wrong! I think it's great that we have our own area. It was just an observation. It doesn't really bug me, what REALLY bugs me are the morons that don't accept us as Christians.

I know that you posted this a long time ago, but I'd like to respond to it anyway. I am a christian, and when I learned about God, I decided that the bible was his true words to mankind. When the mormans came to my home to talk to me, I realized they had another book besides the bible and I didn't want to accept that, for the bible clearly states that to add anything to the bible is wrong. No offense at all here, but that's really my reason for not persuing the morman faith further. I don't believe that you're not christians. I believe that there are many denominations of the christian faith and most of them have doctrines that don't line up with the bible. It doesn't make them any more 'Christian', just mistaken, like we all are. I know you may feel that you're not mistaken, and that's ok, because I feel that my denomination is not mistaken. Every person in their christian denomination feels theirs is the right one, that's why we choose our church. But I believe that when we christians get to heaven and see God face to face, then we will know what things he was accepting of and what things he wasn't.

pattygreen~ I wanted to respond to your comment. I have done some research about those passages in the bible that instruct no addition to their teachings. When you think about it the bible did not actually become the "Bible" until all the books were compiled. The passage you are referring to in The Book of Revelation 22:18 was written by John. "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of THIS book, If any man shall add...." I believe that the "book" he is speaking of is the one that he was writing. It was not compiled with the other books of the New Testament until later. I do not believe that God would give no more teachings and revelations than have already been given. It is like saying that God CAN'T give revelation today, because He has already told us everything there is to know.

Edited by lotzasunshine

Wouldn't you think that since the book of Revelations is a prophetic book, that when God was giving it to John to write, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that God knew the writings would be contained in 'one' book that would be put together? The Bible. And that his writings would be placed at the end of that book. Also, when John was writing his letters, he would not have called them a 'book'. They were simply letters he was writing. They became a 'book' after they were put together to form the bible. Would you agree?

Wouldn't you think that since the book of Revelations is a prophetic book, that when God was giving it to John to write, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that God knew the writings would be contained in 'one' book that would be put together? The Bible. And that his writings would be placed at the end of that book. Also, when John was writing his letters, he would not have called them a 'book'. They were simply letters he was writing. They became a 'book' after they were put together to form the bible. Would you agree?

I can see your point, but on the flip side, what if he was just talking about his writings? Don't you think that could also be the case? And why can't God, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, have other prophets writing scripture in other parts of the world? Even in the Bible, there were multiple prophets at the same time, but in different areas. Why not in the Americas? Many of the Prophets in the Book of Mormon were before the time of Christ.

The Book of Mormon is not an addition to the Bible - it stands next to the Bible as an additional Testament of Jesus Christ. Just as the Old and New Testaments are separate books, The Book of Mormon is as well. I would like to encourage you to look into this a little deeper. A great place for answers about the Book of Mormon is here The Book of Mormon

You can even ask questions in a chat. Good Luck in your life, and I hope this helps answer some of your questions about the Book of Mormon.

The Jesus Christ of the Bible is not the same as the Jesus Christ of the Book of Mormon. The Jesus Christ of the Bible is the son of God. The Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon is the brother of satan and a spirit child of God and one of his wives. Also, the God of the Bible is omnipotent and allpower and not a physical being. Also, Mormons get upset that they are not included as Christians. However, I, as a Christian, would be excluded in a Mormon group.

I am an Atheist. I am used to being excluded. Look...we don't even have our own thread.sad.gif What about people like me who don't get comfort through faith, but science and reason? Where is our support?

The last thing we can ever do is turn on each other, regardless of faith or (in my case) lack of faith. So...Mormon, Catholic, Jew, Atheist....aren't we all in the same battle for our health? Let's stick together! I think that's something we can all agree onbiggrin.gif