Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of BAJANOR?

I am having my surgery on July 4th and wonder if any one has heard of them. Hopefully some one! Please let me know your experience!

I am having my surgery on July 4th and wonder if any one has heard of them. Hopefully some one! Please let me know your experience!

Hi, I had my surgery at Bajanor with the Dr. Carlos and his brother Allessandri. It was a wonderful experience. Of course having the surgery in Mexico was weird because their standards are different. I am sorry I ddin't post before you had it. Please let me know how it went. alohajo

I just saw your post. I had my surgery done there October 2007. INCREDIBLE! They are great. I've stayed in touch with them throughout the process. I had a number of problems arise (gall bladder related) and they've been a great support throughout the entire ordeal. Dr. Carlos Alessandrini is the CEO of Bajanor. He coordinates the process. Dr. Miguel Alessandrini, his brother, will handle any questions, problems, follow up, fills, etc...... The surgeon is Dr. Covarrubias. He's absolutely wonderful. Very kind, very patient, HUMBLE! They cater to us obese Americans. This is their basis of work, so they are very skilled at it. You are in good hands with them. The hospital is not like the US hospitals. But they are clean, private, and sanitary. I'd go back there again, and do for my fills, and I recommend them to anyone. They have a special right now, $6,500 which is incredible! Let me know what you decide!

You sound like you are a spokeperson from there. My experience was completely different. I don't see how torn comforter that was used a a blanket and coverlet over pillow also had holes in it. I had complications and I was sent home. Nurses didn't speak English not even the Band-Aid, Jello. I was given medication with out being asked if I was allergic to any of them I was and the nurses didn't even understand what we were saying. Luckily I wasn't given any at that time. We were sent home with Mexican medication with no instructions. We threw them away, the boxes were printed in Spanish. There was so many problems like the hospital they showed on their website was not even in site, they used some other building where people could come sit on a couch and take naps for a cool place to stay. I would never ever tell any one to go there!

When you are in Mexico, you will get meds in Spanish. Just like in Egypt, they will be printed in Arabic. They all come from the same pharmaceutical company. I never had torn sheets, etc....... granted they are not the same quality as here in the states, but that's why we paid $15,000 less than we would here. I hope the end results were successfull for you. I"ve had a great experience with them, and results have been ideal outside of my gall bladder issue. I'm 25 lbs from goal, they continue to support my weight loss, correspond via email regularly. When I look at the website, the picture is the same as the side of the building in the parking area, and the waiting room is definately the same as well. I"m sorry you didn't share the same experience. I"m talking with them now about a Tummy Tuck sometimes this winter. I found great support, Dr.'s and friends at Bajanor.

i didnt have a very positive experience there either. i agree with joiful....i wouldnt reccomend them to anyone. i have had sucess with my band and im at my goal weight, but in the beginning (2 years ago) i went to a place in dallas for my first fill. the fill dr said he thought my band slipped and sent me home with an xray that i mailed to dr carlos...he confirmed that my band had slipped and told me to come have it fixed immediately for the bargain price of $4000. when i went and got a second opinion i found out that it was perfectly fine!!!!!!! he wanted me to come have my band "fixed" when it was never broken!

I agree about the bed and still the pictures were not the same as their website. It was hell never ever would I ever suggest going to see them. They are not $15,000 cheaper. You can get banded in the states for around $16,000 or less. I had spinal surgery in Oct. 2008 and I got over my surgey much quicker than I did getting my Lapband. Not speaking English is critical to any one's care and simple of words were not understandable to them. Having complications could have caused my death but I got over it but it was a struggle.

Hi, I want to go to the Bajanor Medical center to get my lab band because money is an issue for me my dad is the one who will be paying i went to the clinic and it looks like other clinics in Mexico that i have seen. I am super scared and i am not sure i want to go along witht the surgery anymore because i saw that Dr. Carlos Alessandrini went to jail for fraud to insurence but now i am seeing that out of 3 or 4 only one person likes this place? and i am just not sure anymore!?

To Shaundra so, what you are saying is that they wanted to "fix" your band when it was not broken? and the surgery now with them cost 3950.

i have no idea what i can do i cant spend more than 4500 and i really want it which is making me want to just go for it and go with Bajanor but, i am hearing all of this negative things i have no idea!

i have the apoinment for Juliy 26 2011.! please help me or if you kno any other reliable doctors that will do the surgery for 4000 can you let me know?

If you are not 110%sure DO NOT DO IT. Period.

Hi, I want to go to the Bajanor Medical center to get my lab band because money is an issue for me my dad is the one who will be paying i went to the clinic and it looks like other clinics in Mexico that i have seen. I am super scared and i am not sure i want to go along witht the surgery anymore because i saw that Dr. Carlos Alessandrini went to jail for fraud to insurence but now i am seeing that out of 3 or 4 only one person likes this place? and i am just not sure anymore!?

To Shaundra so, what you are saying is that they wanted to "fix" your band when it was not broken? and the surgery now with them cost 3950.

i have no idea what i can do i cant spend more than 4500 and i really want it which is making me want to just go for it and go with Bajanor but, i am hearing all of this negative things i have no idea!

i have the apoinment for Juliy 26 2011.! please help me or if you kno any other reliable doctors that will do the surgery for 4000 can you let me know?

Shaundra's post was from September, 2008. Not sure if you will get a response.