Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

come out Come out Wherever you are.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Bree and I was banded May 2008, I am a 33 year old lesbian and I have the most wonderful partner for the last 2 years. we live in Houston and I am loving my band, just trying to remember to be patient. I have had 2 fills and just bought a treadmill so I am ready for a new me.

I've gotten my insurance approval and I am now scheduled to have surgery on the 17th of September. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!!!

Jason

For what ever reason I've missed all the fun over here.

How did that happen? Oh wait, I'm in school full time, work full time, raising a first grader as a single mom (Zoe has two mommies, but we aren't together, it's been 6 years), I'm in a LDR with someone 285 miles away and I workout like a maniac.

I don't read these boards like I used to.

But I've been a big ol' lesbian. Now I'm more of a normal sized one. Hope you are all well.

Juli

Hi, I live in biloxi, miss not very far from you. Just kinda looking for friends here, just getting the hang of all this. just got banded on 8/28/08

Hi, I'm Lauren. :) I prefer women over men but I'm in a hetero relationship. When my guy & I met things just kinda fell into place and we have a wonderful relationship. He is fully supportive of me though and understands if I meet a woman I really click with that I have enough love to share.

Jason - I'm also getting banded on the 17th. Good luck! :thumbup:

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm officially a bandster!!! After months of hard work, I had my surgery yesterday and I am doing dandy. A little sore, but nothing that I can manage!!! :crying:)

Hi everyone,

I'm Denise. Im a 40 yr old opera singer. I have been fat most of my life. The old saying about the fat lady singing is a myth. I was recently in a show where I do believe the soprano might have worn a size 4. Anyway I have been married to my partner Deb for almost 4 years. We got married in Canada and had a commitment ceremony here in Kansas City MO. She works for the airport and does NOT sing...I on the other hand only fly when the seats are big enough for my butt to fit! We would like to move to Milwaukee eventually and are on a 2 year plan to fix up our house...I'll get my Doctorate and she'll get her master's. We have 4 cats 2 dogs and a cat named Jim who lives outside and lets us live at his house. I am not banded yet but have been going to seminars to decide on my surgeon. We will pay out of pocket. I do get health benefits through Debs job (partner bennies thru the CITY) but they dont cover any type of surgery. Anyway.....HI :):redface:

Jason-Congratulations!

Denise-Nice to meet you!!! Being banded is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm officially a bandster!!! After months of hard work, I had my surgery yesterday and I am doing dandy. A little sore, but nothing that I can manage!!! :smile:)

Congrats and healing wishes to Jason.

Denise. An opera singer, that is really cool. Good luck

Hi everyone,

I on the other hand only fly when the seats are big enough for my butt to fit! :confused:

I understand..... I used to love flying the last time I flew, several years ago, the lap table couldn't fold down on any of the aircraft I was so embarrassed. I work for an airline we don't have passanger a/c but I can fly spaceA for $50 but don't use it. Can't wait to get banded down and take a trip.......

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm officially a bandster!!! After months of hard work, I had my surgery yesterday and I am doing dandy. A little sore, but nothing that I can manage!!! :confused:)

Yeah Jason.........

Ok, here I am!

Hey all, I'm Dave! Just want to say hello. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'll be banded on 10-16-08.

I just found this thread, very cool that the LGBT community has our little space on LBT.

Anyway, HI!

Dave :crying:

well just wanted to say i am lovin this thread.....i am bi....but in a hetero relationship at the moment also.......not really outta the closet...lol till here and now....oh well just wanted to say hellooo