Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I finally saw the new doctor yesterday. Spent 2 hours on the first visit just getting the baseline stuff down. he ordered a ton of tests. Changed some of my perscriptions. And we talked about alot of things.

Right now his take on my increasing mobility problems/weight is that he has ordered hydrotherapy. To increase strength and stamina so that I can hopefully start getting in more daily excersise.

Not sure how often or how long the sessions are gonna be. They will call me with that soon. But its a nice step that my previous doc didn't bother with.

He's of a mind to do whatever it takes to get me moving more. I am also to let him know if I start having any new pain with the hydrotherapy too. As he will perscribe me actuall pain meds but only after the therapy starts and I am sure I will need them. Have to see.

But I am confused.

my last weight at the old doc 6 months ago was 440. Yesterdays the nurse said it was 338?!? I did not see the #'s myself and I suspect they are off terribly as my clothes haven't gotten any bigger on me.

The nurse didn't pull the scale out of the little corner it was in so I was partially up against the wall on one side. So I suspect the reading might be off. But man that would awesome to have lost 100lbs in the last 6 months. lol but I seriously doubt that is the case, not that much at least. I know my changes in diet will have probably caused some loss but nothing that drastic.

Peeking at the computer screen the doc was looking it it said my BMI was 56.1. He saw my jaw drop look and I told him what my weight was 6 months ago. And didn't ask me to get on the scale again. Next visit I will ask the nurse to move the scale away from the wall for a more accurate reading though. It was a digital one.

So what I'm wondering is this. Any ideas where to find a scale other then post office? I can't afford to buy one for at home. And finding ones that go over 350. Are really hard as that is what most home scales seem to stop at.

I can probably ask at the therapy center but I kinda wanna know now. lol.

hmm I dunno of any scales i just wait for my appts and weigh. once i get below a weight where i can buy a scale ill buy one but till then i gotta wait :)

yea I will probably do that myself, I really cant see paying allot of $$ for a home scale. As I'm one of those who wouldnt weigh daily anyhow. Years ago after my mom had a bypass she told me that her doc said weighing daily isn't accurate cause of Water gain/loss and that she shouldnt weight more then once or twice a month. And I have had docs since tell me that too.

But I would like to know if the doctors office scales are correct or not. as 100 lbs off isnt something to overlook.

But I REALLY DON'T wanna go to the post office. That is embarassing.

ive been getting weighed every 2 weeks at my nutritional appts

I weigh myself once a week. It helps me stay focused and allows me to Celebrate in even the smallest of weigth loss. Do you have a general practioner that is close to you? You could always go there and ask them to weigh you.

BTW...if you lost 100lbs...you ARE a rockstar.

I guess next week when I go back to his office to get the labs done I will ask to use the scales but make sure I pull it away from the wall. Its just a digital scale like you'd find in a home but I guess it goes up pretty high.

I have this scale: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SALTER-9007BK3REF-BLK-GLSS-SCALE/dp/B0018BOMGS/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1223162059&sr=8-23]Amazon.com: SALTER 9007BK3REF BLK MRR GLSS SCALE: Electronics[/ame]

It's reasonably priced and the weight is accurate up to 400lbs. I compare it with the doctor's office and it's always been spot on.