Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group Annual General Meeting May 31 Regina, SK

My name is Joel Sopp from Regina, SK. I am 6'3 and 437 lbs with a BMI of 54.6.

I am currently on the Board of Directors for the Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group (www.sbssg.ca) and we are a Non-Profit WLS Support Group.

We have our Annual General Meeting coming up(Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group, Inc.), which will take place at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 1800 Prince of Wales Drive in Regina, and we have a speaker coming out.

Allison Kapp, the Nutritionist from the new Bariatric Surgery Assessment Clinic in Regina, SK will provide a presentation approximately 20 minutes in length followed by a 10—15 minute question and answer period for members of the SBSSG present at our Annual General Meeting. The presentation will begin at 2:40 pm.

Please go to the website and under AGM you can read a letter from the President of the SBSSG for prospective Board Members and/or Committee Chairs, An Information Kit for those interested in applying for a position on the board or a chair position, as well as a recruitment poster, nomination form, membership form and membership benefits.

It pays to be a paid member! :thumbup:

Feel free to e-mail hildahnke@sasktel.net (Current SBSSG President) or joelsopp@sasktel.net (Current Board Member) if you have questions about the SBSSG, our Membership Drive, or the May 31st, 2008 AGM. They will respond as soon as they can.

Take care and hope to see you at the AGM.

Joel Sopp

My name is Joel Sopp from Regina, SK. I am 6'3 and 437 lbs with a BMI of 54.6.

I am currently on the Board of Directors for the Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group (www.sbssg.ca) and we are a Non-Profit WLS Support Group.

We have our Annual General Meeting coming up(Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group, Inc.), which will take place at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 1800 Prince of Wales Drive in Regina, and we have a speaker coming out.

Allison Kapp, the Nutritionist from the new Bariatric Surgery Assessment Clinic in Regina, SK will provide a presentation approximately 20 minutes in length followed by a 10—15 minute question and answer period for members of the SBSSG present at our Annual General Meeting. The presentation will begin at 2:40 pm.

Please go to the website and under AGM you can read a letter from the President of the SBSSG for prospective Board Members and/or Committee Chairs, An Information Kit for those interested in applying for a position on the board or a chair position, as well as a recruitment poster, nomination form, membership form and membership benefits.

It pays to be a paid member! :thumbup:

Feel free to e-mail hildahnke@sasktel.net (Current SBSSG President) or joelsopp@sasktel.net (Current Board Member) if you have questions about the SBSSG, our Membership Drive, or the May 31st, 2008 AGM. They will respond as soon as they can.

Take care and hope to see you at the AGM.

Joel Sopp

Hi joel

My husband and I have lapbands and live in Ontario. Our daughter is looking into getting lapband in Saskatchewan where she lives. The closest place is Regina.

Where are you? What other clinics are there in Saskatchewan? Where can you get fills in Saskatchewan? any places in or near Prince Albert?

Lynda

Hey lynda tell your daughter to go ahead and get it done in regina. i got it done in wpg before it was avalable in regina... i know of a fill nurse in saskatoon so thats closer than regina from PA

Hey lynda tell your daughter to go ahead and get it done in regina. i got it done in wpg before it was avalable in regina... i know of a fill nurse in saskatoon so thats closer than regina from PA

hi,,thank you for the information buddy ..it was nice of you,., i will go there to get it too :)

Hi there, just thought I would let you know there is more support now more than ever! There is a facility specializing in post-op care in Regina. Meals, lodging, nursing care(dressing changes and assistance with drains, etc.) and transportation to and from surgery area. This place is amazing. Here is the website: www.serenityconvalescentcare.com.

Hi sherik. Have you heard anything about the aspen lapband clinic in Regina? Or any news at all related to Saskatchewan lapband groups? I'm in Saskatoon, just one month banded and am looking for more local support. Had my surgery in Mississauga with Chris Cobourn.

Don't know who she is yet....I haven't had a fill but hope to fairly soon.

Don't know who she is yet....I haven't had a fill but hope to fairly soon.

Her name is Lorna King. She did my fills for Dr. Cobourn. Her website is sasksurgicalsolutions.ca. I am going back to TO on Monday for a band removal. Considering next step options of a RNY.