Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

My daughter, a former police officer, said that after we fill out our paperwork and tell the cc. co. that there were others, that they would tell us if we need to file an affidavit with the LV police. The fraud departments are better equipped than the police to handle it.

Cheri

Cheri...I received a call from my cr card company the same week we got back from Vegas. I called them back today to let them know that a few of us had troubles and we had all (I think) used our cards at the Desert Rose. Person I spoke to in the fraud dept stated that there are key words when a fraud is reported and computer program will pick up on it. For instance, Desert Rose.

Cheri & Apples - good to hear that fraud departments will key in on Desert Rose.

Laura - so happy DH is home and all of you are reconnected.

Arlene - wonderful to see families enjoying the fall season & that you can watch strollers & wee ones while they experience with older children

DS will arrive at midnight tonight and hopefully we will begin finding apt. tomorrow.

hi Lucky theadsters,

I see everyone had a busy week...Eva is back...Laura has her honey safely home, Earl has come through surgery and he is recouping....Loris new "girl" babys Ultra looks great. Julies plans for a beutiful wedding has come to fruition. Thats a good week a very good week.

My interview went extremely well. There are two more applicants and well bottom line if they have permanent certfication for administration and several years more experienced directing..well they win. Who knows....they sure did like me and are excited but the facts are what they are so im waiting. I know theyd like me but its not about who they like and think would be good....NY is all about licensing and being certified. Bottom line.

Im not sure Im ready to take on such a big undertaking anyways. Its 24/7. Two weeks vacation and just holidays off. Its a 12 month program so in summer...its Fridays till 4;30-5:00 and what do I do about Fridays?? I hated having to work till 3:30 and rush home for shabbat at 4:00. Not only that Id have to get a babysitter for Dassi every fridays and her vacations and summer weeks before and after summer.

Not sure if I want to go full time like that yet without another person for support. Its a big job. Especially after surgery. I have a ways to go..and this will definetly be a stress and this year is important for my health and well being.

So...instead of the possibiltiy...I decided to complicate my life a little more and foster another dog! Yes, a German Shephard Collie mix. Sweet Sweet dog. Not Boomer. lol But she is sweet and totally house trained and walks beutifully on a leash. If anyones interested in a dog....shes good to go.

Have been looking into this new program called...."Body Transformation" with a nutritionsist. Have a consultation with her on Tuesday afternoon. Need someone to help out with food and healthy eating!

Im in pain from working out on Friday after the spin class on Friday. Cant lift arms..lol Took a hot bath on Friday afternoon but that didnt help. Wont stop me from going tomorrow morning...I am going to Step class.

:)

Jodi...forgot to email you and tell you that box was coming....just spreading the joy, love, and hand-me-downs. LOL. As I stated in my not to you, (in the box) take to Salvation Army or whatever if these are not your style.

As far as ear ailments go...DH's doc many, many years ago told him to lay on his side and pour one cap of peroxide in the affected ear and lay for 20 minutes. Works for him every time. Now, should not be putting out these remedies....what do you have to say about it Phyll and Laura???

Enjoy your days off, Jodi.

Yes, was so happy that I was home when I door bell rang.....must tell you....I have worn all the jackets at least twice so far...and the black wool one...my personal fav goes with everything!! Its my new lucky jacket....i wore it to the interview with the black long sleave cotton with white trim on top with a black and white wool skirt knee length with three inch high black up to knee, back tights. Wore that today as well to synaguage. Felt lucky!! My other favorite outfit....the brown wool jacket with the cream cotton turtle neck with a long jean skirt anke lenght with tan trim the same color as jacket with brown cowboy boots.

Thanks again...

I just feel so blessed to have been able to use all the clothes youve sent as they fit perfect and will take me through the winter I hope!!

I would have had to keep at those damn thrifts where its slim pickins and they are never really my style but its toleration...till the end of this weight loss process...I felt so good about myself but not in the clothes that I had to wear..and now that winter is upon us.....id have gotten the least but needed to carry through. they No sense spending any money till I loose another ten to 15 pbs. besides dont have the money to spend anyways. So...now I feel really good inside and look smashing outside...

Hugs and kisses..

Janet your a sweet heart but um your clothes would not really fit me no matter if we were same size....your tiny...as in pettite and shorter then me but do appreciate the thought...Apples..just knew that the clothes she had outgrown would fit me because she just knows these things I guess. lol. I would never have thought so looking at her today...she looks so fabulous and thin.

Also....I really didnt want her to spend money on sending and it was a fortune!! So....I really really apreciate her wonderful thoughtfulness! id be glad to pass them on to someone who can use them after I loose another two sizes..but cant imagine that yet.

Good Evening Gang

Just getting to computer - DS called my Sis is back in the hospital - wont' know more till tomorrow..

Linda - They saw the apt today - all approved should be moving in 11/1 - So I am going to have to start picking up extra food to start stocking his shelves and we are going to have to get together for other household stuff - he said he can get alot at the store he works at 99 cents ;0) and Janelle works at big lots and she gets discount (he doesn't) so it shouldn't be too bad $$$ wise - I think his mom is giving him a couch - if not I guess I will be buying one ;0) but again big lots and Janelle's discount..

Apples - I got an acorn squash after I went to the gym tonite - do I cook it like I so butternut??

Jodi- good luck tomorrow -

Julie - Yep the next few days are going to be a mad house - just breath ;0)

Eva - Can't wait to see the pic - glad you are home safe and sound..

Charlene - sounds like you may need a fill - I know I don't need one - but have been hungry the last few days - so cutting way back on the starches..

Well gang it's almost 8:30 I need to eat . cbl

I hope your sister is feeling better..never a good thing to feel bad physically or mentally.

OK...corn combine is not going in the field yet so I have time for "Apple's Daily Tip"

Everything you need to know about life, you could have learned from Noah's Ark...

#1. Don't miss the boat

#2. Remember that we are all in the same boat.

#3. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

#4. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.

#5. Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.

#6. Build your future on high groud.

#7. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.

#8. Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on the same boat as the cheetahs.

#9. When you're stressed, float for a while.

#10. Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

#11. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.

Now, isn't that nice???? And, doesn't that just about fit into every day of life????

Yes this was indeed nice!! Thank you Thank you.

Happy Birthday Julie. You are probably so busy right now you won't even get to enjoy your special day, but well wishes are heading your way!!

Arlene, so glad to hear you are doing so well. Exercising regularly is so helpful and I don't know why we resist doing it. I know I've missed some stuff because I didn't go back and read everything, but how's the new GB and DD?

Joyce, so you got a fill? How are you doing? So you want to see Lori's grandbaby's sex? I just about laughed myself off the chair....sorry, I know what you mean, but it just looked funny in writing...yes, I do have a twisted mind.

Janet, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. COPD isn't pretty and I bet she is scared. I hope she and you can find some peace. You are right, food isn't going to help and you have presence of mind to know that.

Eva, Glad you had a great trip. The pics are fabulous! Keep them coming!

Oh...I am so excited. I ordered that PB....I love Peanut Butter....and eat tbs a day pretty much with apples. 190 call. snack. been trying to find something else..but that Traders Joes organic creamy PB...well I could eat that whole darn jar! But noooo 2 tbs is the limit. I alternate with Almond butter. Thats good too.

I heard that acorn squash has alot of calories and sugar. On the diabetic diet...the Butternut squash and zuchini is the best then the yellow if must and then acorn last.

Im not sure but this is why I started eating buuternut because I never ate it before. Loved Acorn squash.

I have this great recipe easy....for Acorn....

but it has alot of sugar...so wont post it and wont ever make it again....apple pie filling, lemon juice and cinamin. I suppose you can make your own filling with truvia but...that wouldnt make it easy anymore....lol

okay. must go to sleep. Have a great weekend all....

Jodi

Okay, I guess I am getting what I asked for, but my back is not happy. I went to bed early (9pm) and read. I shortly went to sleep and woke up at midnight,2,3,3:30, 4,4:30......heck at five I just got up. I thought my back problems were going away......it must have been the dry weather. Enough complaining.

Okay peep, I hope all of you have a great Sunday. I am going to church early and greet then I have nothing planned until we go to the gym to swim . Yay!

Oh, Julie.......can't wait to hear about the wedding!

Arlene, swimming should be good for your back or Water walking as long as you move gently and don't push yourself. Also, if you can hang upright in the Water with your back and lower body totally relaxed it will gently pull things straight again and relief any nerve compresseion. You can do it hanging on to a kickboard or with your hands on the side of the pool. If you sit on a kickboard and hold your balance you will work the tiny muscles along the spine that hold your spine in place.

Tell your trainer that you're having back problems so he modifies any exercises he's having you do. If you lay on your back put a rolled up towel under the curve of your lower back and your knees on top of a pillow. If you roll onto your side keep the towel supporting that same part of you but put the pillow between your knees. I've slept that way for years and it really keeps my spine in place. I also drive with a lower back support.

After weight loss, weight is redistributed in ways the back isn't used to. In addition, you're using muscles that haven't been used now that you're moving more freely and adding exercises. If these muscles are pulled or start spasming they can pull on your spinal column and misalign it.

Jodi, how blessed you are by Apple's largesse. Sounds like the clothes are perfect for the community you live in and their modesty requirements as well as being classically styled so they're always in style. Sounds like they're colors that would flatter you as well.

Laura, you survived! And now you have the blessing and excitement of your husband's return. Nelson is so lucky to have parents that have such a loving relationship. He receives so much love from the two of you and he gets to experience the love you have for each other. What a great gift you've given him. And its obvious he reciprocates. And now you've chosen to spread that love around with your volunteer work. You are an amazing woman.

Janet I'm so sad your sister is approaching the final stages of COPD. Was she a smoker? She must be so scared. It will be hard to not be judgemental with her for her choices. You and she have had issues haven't you? I'm sure you have many mixed feelings about trying to be there for her.

Well guys, one more lb to be back in my goal range, then another 2 lbs to be safely back in the middle of that range.

Got lots of exercise the past several days. Walked in South Bend along the river and what they a call East Race--a diversion from the river at the point where they have dammed up the river and have a series of mini-falls. Don't know if this is flood control in a spot where the river drops rapidly or creates electricity. But the East Race is a diverted section that has been set up for rafting and kayaking as the water flows down. I also went dancing with my roommate at a nearby bar. Motown.

Also went for walks yesterday and today. Weather was perfect for walking. Went dancing last night with my husband also. Now church and hopefully another walk. Then tomorrow back to reality. Students in my room at 7:30.

Have been rearranging my schedule to reduce my stress levels. Take a child out of a situation where they have an audience and start seeing them at a time where they have none, and suddenly they start to learn and you can build a relationship with them. Reduce the number of children you see at one time and you can get a lot more done with those who remain. So my days get longer but my stress goes down. I can teach for hours and hours as long as I'm not fighting with obstructive behaviours or working with groups that are too large that defeat the purpose of small group instruction.

Went to GS's Grandparent's day last Friday on my way back from South Bend. He was so happy to see me. I was very surprised at how few students there were in his kindergarten. All 3 classes were no more than 10 students. Its amazing what a school can accomplish when the financial base of the community can support it. Plus they also have many poor areas in the area which is partially rural and they qualify as a Title I school so they have that money coming in as well. However, they do not have a good systematic direct instruction multi-sensory phonics program which surprises me. All the current research and evidence-based best practice recommendations support the need for this, especially for children at risk.

Well, gotta get ready for church. Have a great Sunday.

Cheri

Good Morning...

TX...this is your week!

Cheri...sounds like you are almost back in your weight comfort zone. Good for you for getting back into doing the work you needed to do to get there. Also, I admire you for rearranging things so that you could dump some of your stress.

Cold, windy and rainy morning here. It is still only 45 degrees at 10:30am. DH asked if I wanted to go out to lunch and a movie. I think we will watch a movie at home and eat egg bake leftovers. Too cold and wet to go out. So, DH in recliner with laptop reading Ag Talk with the big ole' dog on his lap.

My plan is to catch up on some hand sewing on some items that need buttons, hems, etc. and put a couple of movies in.

Arlene...sorry about your back troubles. I have not heard you speak about it for quite some time. Hope it calms down.

Julie...hope you had a nice time with family and friends yesterday at the wedding. Time to take some time to relax.

Jodi...gosh...I almost hate to wish you luck with the job...especially if you are seeing that it is going to stress you out. OK....good luck with the job! Change is good.

Janet...did you get Andrew settled and all fixed up? Big step in his life and I'm sure makes GM a little nervous. At least he has his cousin living with him and they can look after each other.

Phyll....hope DH is doing fine and you can get out and about again.

Well, off to the couch and a movie and some treats. Hope you all have a very nice Sunday.

Good Morning Peeps

Drive by gotta get ready for gym

Well shopped w/Andrew and Janelle yesterday - then went to a play w/Debbie last night - it was ok - could have been the story of my life - but it started late and couldn't wait for it to be over - little predicatable - and was STARVING .. Really wanted to stay home - went to dennys after play 10:30 had the insides of Senior Citizen sliders (2 small hamburger patties and some fries w/ranch) On the way home saw a cop hiding on the side of the road - well he pulls out - follows us for 2 miles and as I am turning - he turns on his lights.. So we pull over - i give him my papers - guess what he stopped me for - no light on my license plate.. OMG he didn't have anything better to do .. Asked stupid questions like is this your car - are you the original owner - wth - I guess he was bored - just told me to get it fixed.. Tax Payer Dollars at work..

I would like to do nothing today - but got gym then have to go p/u kitchen table w/Andrew.. Get key made and then can come home and veg well not really - washing and normal Sunday stuff..

Julie how was the wedding..

cbl

Hey gang.......back from church. I don't know if we are going to Water walk at the gym or walk here on the track behind our house. It seems like walking helps. I will definitely go to Water aerobics in the morning. It does relax me. Cheri, we do relax like you said and I love it. The trainer said as long as my back is hurting I should just stick to water aerobics. He said weight strengthening just aggravates nerve pain.

Apples, I am loving that PB2 so much. The raisins are just the right sweetness.

Janet, yep, sounds like boredom to me. Did Andrew get settled into his new place?

Jodi.....are you between patients? I don't quite know what you do......therapist?

Wow, Isn't nice to have such a nice surprise from Apples? She is a Peach.......Awesome!

Joyce, I heard your weather is getting cooler. We should experience some of your cool late this week. Are you ready for Guam?

Gotta finish the laundry........CBL!

Wow, where did everybody go? I did the laundry and walked 2 miles. I made chicken enchilada casserole, and cut it up to freeze for my mother. That is my Sunday. I hope everyone had a great day.

Hi,

I've been working....yes, I've been job offered and am employed again, as a contractor, but still I will get paid for doing work. Wow, I can't believe this happened so fast. I barely had two days free (after vacation). Now I have a bunch of new stuff to learn. BUT, the best part, is I can work from home. YIPEE.

I'm going to go read a book or listen to an audio book or watch TV or something because tomorrow, I'll be doing AutoCAD drawings.

Later....hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

EVa

Eva, Wow a new job already. Good luck and glad you are so happy. I love the pics you have been posting.

I haven't heard you say anything about your turtles lately. Do you still have them?

I snagged the monster deal, I got a Columbia coat almost brand new for $38.00. It probably cost close to $200 brand new. Love those re-sale shops.

I bought my own yoga mat today so I will be continueing yoga. Makes me feel so good when I'm done.

Catch up later.

LauraK

Hey everyone, just checking in. I miss you guys. School is going great. Jacob is doing well on his new dose of adderall. Hubby is working nights lately not so great. My brother and I are going to run my first 5k on Dec. 11th. I am so excited. My Dad is gonna come cheer for me too. Can't wait. I started at the hospital last week. Took vital signs and gave an elderly woman a bath. She was so grateful. She wanted to be clean so bad. I have an exam in the morning so I need to get to bed. Sorry to hear about the cc fraud. Just a little smudge though compared to the great ime yall had. The hospital I am at will hire some students that pass their first term finals. I am hoping to get in on that starting in January. Also the book fair I was in charge of raised 3500 dollars for the school library. It feels so awesome to be able to do something so big. Night everyone.

Congrats, Eva. If I had my masters I could maybe do educational consulting when I'm done teaching. I think about it but I hate school. LOL.

Why doesn't anyone write on weekends when I have more time to check this and read?

Back into battle tomorrow morning. Need prayer. Up against a street culture that, like Satan, roams about like a roaring lion seeking whom it may devour. I realize that as urban teachers we are on the front lines against powers of darkness that want to destroy these kids. Prayer is the most powerful weapon we have.

That might sound melodramatic but its not. All the politicians argue over Al Quaida and illegal immigrants and ignore the warzones in their own cities. Third world countries right here in the USA. A plague on both their houses.

By the way, did you know I'm the granddaughter of an illegal immigrant? Wonder if the authorities will deport me to Holland. LOL.

Greetings,

I just got home from FL and time to only skim posts, I am doing laundry and packing to leave again in the morning for a couple days. Will be back on Wed. Visit with parents went exceedingly well. Best visit I've had in years!! Mom not doing real well in pain a lot, but is having surgery on Monday so hopefully that will take care of the pain, removing some spurs in her spine???

Good Morning...

TX...this is your week!

Yep!!!! 2 more days:biggrin::blushing:. I go in at 7:sleep:. Surgery is scheduled for 830. My shoulder is first. Should be done with it by 11 then my lap band should be in place by noon. I cant believe it is here already. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I am starting to get nervous now:scared2:. I think the hospital is going to video the surgery for me:thumbup:. night all will catch up later

Chris