Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lost 2 more lbs today and am officially overweight!! No longer on the bubble between obese and overweight, my BMI is in the 20's!! WOOHOO!! Started at 43 BMI. Anoter 1 1/2 lbs and it's ONEDERLAND!!

GRRR i went to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner tomorrow night, my inlaws are coming over for dinner, it's MIL's bday. Was going to bake chocolate chip Cookies as well with my brand new Kitchenaide mixer. Wel guess what I forgot? Yep the chocolate chips. GRRRRR I guess now that I am 50 I can't grocery shop w/o a list anymore. LOL

Hey all tonight (Saturday 7th). I have been busy with my kitchen,etc. DH layed ceramic tile and is it ever gorgeous. Shade of taupe and cream. Walls are painted pale taupe. Granite will be called ATTicka (black with chocolate brown and a very small cream in it with flecks of glitter). Its really cool looking. I have done home care for elderly in the past. I got a call to care for a lady who had hip surgery and doesn't seem to be right now. Anyway, it will be alot of money if I take the job but it would start out at the first two weeks are 24 hour care. that means I leave my life at home for two weeks straight. I have done it before, but I wasn't in the middle of this kitchen thing. My house is a mess ,etc. etc. If I can't leave then how will I walk, get my food etc. Plus I am a clerk for our village, getting ready for elections and been busy with that. Getting ready to bow out of that job. I haven't been loosing since 60lbs. I go up and down the same two pounds for almost a whole month:cursing:.Tuesday I go to the Dr again. Have had to cancel in the past because of weather, etc. It is 90 miles away. Some days I real tight, some days are better. On Wed last week, had some mixed vegetables and baked chicken. Ate two bites of chicken, got sick, couldn't eat that night or the next day so I went and got a milkshake and added unjury to it. This is Sat and I still feel like I can't eat well. This band is confusing me. Today I had a grilled cheese. Thats the first bread i have been able to eat practically since June. I never touch bread, gets stuck every time. I went and walked 3 miles today and it was a pretty day so I enjoyed that. I have been doing alot around the house today also. Grand kids stopped in with kids. I don't know weather to have a tweek or not. I think I need one but on the other hand I keep getting stuck on that first bite thing. Happens every time. Am I hurrying too much or what? I sure hope I get the rest of this weight off ya know!!!

Talk with ya all later

Beckyo

I had a busy day today. We went to the mall and went and got my husbands tux fitted for our daughters wedding. We also had to go get a tire repaired because we noticed we had a nail it one of them. We also had to go to costco to pick up glasses. Hubby than took me out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I had the cream of chicken with artichoke Soup. It was really good. Tomorrow we are going to the church and the hall to make all the final arrangements for the wedding. Lets all have a great Sunday.

Janet how did your hair appointment go? May I ask what line of work you are in? I am an office manager for an attorney....been with him for 30 years.

Lost 2 more lbs today and am officially overweight!! No longer on the bubble between obese and overweight, my BMI is in the 20's!! WOOHOO!! Started at 43 BMI. Anoter 1 1/2 lbs and it's ONEDERLAND!!

GRRR i went to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner tomorrow night, my inlaws are coming over for dinner, it's MIL's bday. Was going to bake chocolate chip Cookies as well with my brand new Kitchenaide mixer. Wel guess what I forgot? Yep the chocolate chips. GRRRRR I guess now that I am 50 I can't grocery shop w/o a list anymore. LOL

Congrats Long !!!! :thumbup:Yea Overweight!! :thumbup:I know how great that feels.. You are doing so great - I am so happy for you and proud of the work you are/have done...

Yep - it's a 50 yr old thing - really it's a too many things on our minds... I did shopping yesterday and forgot stuff - I need to start making list - but I forget them at home:lol: but just the fact of writing it down does help me remember sometimes when at the store :thumbup:

Hey all tonight (Saturday 7th). I have been busy with my kitchen,etc. DH layed ceramic tile and is it ever gorgeous. Shade of taupe and cream. Walls are painted pale taupe. Granite will be called ATTicka (black with chocolate brown and a very small cream in it with flecks of glitter). Its really cool looking. I have done home care for elderly in the past. I got a call to care for a lady who had hip surgery and doesn't seem to be right now. Anyway, it will be alot of money if I take the job but it would start out at the first two weeks are 24 hour care. that means I leave my life at home for two weeks straight. I have done it before, but I wasn't in the middle of this kitchen thing. My house is a mess ,etc. etc. If I can't leave then how will I walk, get my food etc. Plus I am a clerk for our village, getting ready for elections and been busy with that. Getting ready to bow out of that job. I haven't been loosing since 60lbs. I go up and down the same two pounds for almost a whole month:cursing:.Tuesday I go to the Dr again. Have had to cancel in the past because of weather, etc. It is 90 miles away. Some days I real tight, some days are better. On Wed last week, had some mixed vegetables and baked chicken. Ate two bites of chicken, got sick, couldn't eat that night or the next day so I went and got a milkshake and added unjury to it. This is Sat and I still feel like I can't eat well. This band is confusing me. Today I had a grilled cheese. Thats the first bread i have been able to eat practically since June. I never touch bread, gets stuck every time. I went and walked 3 miles today and it was a pretty day so I enjoyed that. I have been doing alot around the house today also. Grand kids stopped in with kids. I don't know weather to have a tweek or not. I think I need one but on the other hand I keep getting stuck on that first bite thing. Happens every time. Am I hurrying too much or what? I sure hope I get the rest of this weight off ya know!!!

Talk with ya all later

Beckyo

Becky - Learn to say NO - you have a lot on your plate right now - and there is nothing wrong with saying No - I know it's hard but you have to think about you.. If you took the job you could still eat right - but ya the exercise might be hard and your whole kitchen thing and election - Can it wait till those things are over..

The 1st bite - it's usually the chewing and taking too big of a bite for me - it's usually the 3rd bite that gets me - I got stuck on pudding the other night..

Slow down and just concentrate on chewing super well - just think - if I chew I can eat my whole meal... I can eat grilled cheese and sandwich breads and sour dough type breads - I just don't do it often cuz GS isn't really a sandwich eater and the bread goes to waste.. But every now and then I do buy a loaf of lite bread.

Yes our bands are fickled - some days I think I need a tweek then again I know I don't..

Its about chewing and eating slowly and small bite - really focus on those things and then go from there at to measure if you need a fill or not

You kitchen sound beautifuly - your colors are like mine - I would say we have similar taste :0).

I had a busy day today. We went to the mall and went and got my husbands tux fitted for our daughters wedding. We also had to go get a tire repaired because we noticed we had a nail it one of them. We also had to go to costco to pick up glasses. Hubby than took me out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I had the cream of chicken with artichoke Soup. It was really good. Tomorrow we are going to the church and the hall to make all the final arrangements for the wedding. Lets all have a great Sunday.

Janet how did your hair appointment go? May I ask what line of work you are in? I am an office manager for an attorney....been with him for 30 years.

Rose

I work Insurance - (property and casualty - businesses - country clubs, contractors etc) I will be w/my employer for 30 yrs 7/9/09.. I am a licensed agent - but I don't sell as an agent - I am a Senior Acct Exect/Manager. I do all the work and the Producer gets all the glory :thumbup:

Hair cut was great - wear a angled bob - and keep going shorter - I want short hair - but as a fat chich I would never go short - cuz I hated that whole little head big body look - so we are going shorter a little at a time..

Yesterday at Target - a lady giving samples of some granola type bar - 1st thing I asked how many calories - she said only 150 - I said Oh thats alot - she said you don't have to worry about that - and I said ya I do - if I want to stay this way... But that someone thought I was just a thin person was like unbeleivable - I might have a thin body and know it - but don't always feel it..

Well today's agenda - Take back a blouse I got for my bday and search another Marshalls for these cute capri's but they only had a 2 & 8 at my store - the 2's were about an inch to small in the waist - but they were so cute... I gotta find a 4..

Oh ya - and I did get to the gym before my hair appt - I was trying to make excuses that I didn't have enought time - cuz I hate to rush - but you know what I may not have gotten my whole 3 miles in - but did get 2.5 and still burned 275 calories by upping the incline and working out harder instead of longer.. Another great NSV - Another way my thinking has changed - I know that I have to exercise if I want to eat and keep what I have worked so hard for...

Hey all ~ Haven't been on the forum in a couple of days. All is going well. Nothing of concern to report - except I have terrible gas; goes on all day practically, but especially after I eat. I think I need to get some more Fiber in my system on some days. Moving slowly from mushies and on to softer foods. Monday is my official day to start soft foods. I'm trying to figure out what that will be for me. Don't like soft eggs, and can be somewhat picky about what I like and don't - except of course all the the sweet stuff and baked goods.:rolleyes: I pretty much plan to stick with fish and chicken in terms of meats.< /strong>

To tell the truth I don't really feel like I have the band, except I feel the port inside on the surface of my stomach. No worries, I still stick with docs post surgery diet and recommendations. That brings me to a couple of questions, that I feel a little embarassed asking...regarding band terminology - 1) what does pb'ing mean? 2) what does getting stuck mean; I mean where do you get stuck at top or bottom (if you know what I mean)?:thumbdown:

Well that's it for now. Back in school so much of my time on the weekends is set aside for schoolwork. I did have my hair appointment yesterday (looking at Indio). My stylist and the owner asked if I had the surgery, because it looks as if I've lost some weight. Made me feel good - cause I feel I've lost some, but don't really see any noticeable changes, at least that could be noticed by others (I get how you feel in your head Indio - no matter what, I will always be overweight in my head let's just hope that's the only place I WILL be overweight e.g. in my head). Got to go weigh-in, in a couple of hours:scared2: so I'm crossing my fingers for verification that I've done what I was supposed to do this week.

Hi all. Laurie from NYC gearing up for a March 9 surgery and I am really nervous. But the alternatives of continuing to gain weight and develop more health issues is not an appealing one, so I am going forward. I am a person in recovery and have always struggled with weight except when I was at the height of my active using. since I am sober (15 years now) I have steadily gained weight and I am now at my highest 290 lbs. I am married and my SO has been very supportive. I have arranged to take off 1 1/2 weeks from work to ensure I am ready to go back. Any and all support appreciated and reciprocated.

Good luck to you Laurie. Getting banded was the best decision of my life. I was banded on June 5th and am at 104 lbs lost. I started at 305 and thought it impossible to ever lose 100 lbs. yet here I am. It always felt so overwhelming. I am off b/p meds, my cholesterol, etc. were all knocking on the door of being in unhealthy limits and all is good now. I just turned 50 but am feeling more like 35 or so. Except when I go to the store to get ingredients for chocolate chip Cookies and then forget the chocolate chips, that reminds me of my 'senior moments'. LOL If you have any questions, ask away this is a great place for support and info.

Long2bethin.....great job on the weight loss. Keep up the good job.

Janet sounds like you have a wonderful job/boss like I do. I have been with the same attorney at the job for 30 years. We are truly blessed. Things have slowed down alot for my boss so I only work 2 days a week now. But it all worked out well as I have to take care of my ill mother that lives with us. So I really have 2 jobs. Well I am home today with another cold this is the second cold that i have got since I have been banded on 12/15. My daughter is worried that I may not be getting enough Vitamins and nutients and maybe that is why I am getting sick more often. Has anyone noticed they get sick more since wl surgery? Well I am off to lay down.

Hey all (Sunday eve). Worked all day in the house today. Janet gotta let this lady know if I can care for her aunt or not by tomorrow. Its about 1800 a week for 24 care. That why I hate to pass it up. I could sure use the money. BUT I have alot of stuff to do with my house, village,my weight loss phase etc, etc. I hate to pass the money up though ya know what I mean!! I am barely concentrating on myself now as it is. I don't know what to do. I go to Dr Tues. Today I had oatmeal for b, lunch was nothing, supper, baked chicken, mixed vegetables, half cup rice. I made a double chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting for dh. I have not touched it.Thats one good thing. I got full from supper and for a change I was able to get the whole meal down. Plus I'm nervous right now with all of these things going on. I gotta get back onto me ya know!! Oh well thats it for now. Glad to hear everyone is doing well this week.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Janet sounds like you have a wonderful job/boss like I do. I have been with the same attorney at the job for 30 years. We are truly blessed. Things have slowed down alot for my boss so I only work 2 days a week now. But it all worked out well as I have to take care of my ill mother that lives with us. So I really have 2 jobs. Well I am home today with another cold this is the second cold that i have got since I have been banded on 12/15. My daughter is worried that I may not be getting enough Vitamins and nutients and maybe that is why I am getting sick more often. Has anyone noticed they get sick more since wl surgery? Well I am off to lay down.

Rose, actually I've noticed the opposite, I've never been so healthy. Praise God!! But before surgery, I never took Vitamins etc. and now I take so many. Do you take vitamins? I was told I needed to take one Multivitamin daily and after my blood tests maybe two but my tests were good so I only do one. I do a Centrum Silver chewable. But my Vitamin B levels were low so I have to take a B12 and a B1 in addition to the multi. Also take Biotin (hair loss) and Calcium. I hope you are feeling better soon. I've had one cold since banding last June. I always panic when I get a cold as it usually goes to my chest in the form of pnuemonia or bronchitis.

Thank you so much I will make sure I ask my doctor about taking Vitamins. I am taking Vitamin C. But that is about it. My kids and dh worry about me.....I am truly blessed with a great family. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Hey all ~ Haven't been on the forum in a couple of days. All is going well. Nothing of concern to report - except I have terrible gas; goes on all day practically, but especially after I eat. I think I need to get some more Fiber in my system on some days. Moving slowly from mushies and on to softer foods. Monday is my official day to start soft foods. I'm trying to figure out what that will be for me. Don't like soft eggs, and can be somewhat picky about what I like and don't - except of course all the the sweet stuff and baked goods.:eek: I pretty much plan to stick with fish and chicken in terms of meats.

To tell the truth I don't really feel like I have the band, except I feel the port inside on the surface of my stomach. No worries, I still stick with docs post surgery diet and recommendations. That brings me to a couple of questions, that I feel a little embarassed asking...regarding band terminology - 1) what does pb'ing mean? 2) what does getting stuck mean; I mean where do you get stuck at top or bottom (if you know what I mean)?:)

Well that's it for now. Back in school so much of my time on the weekends is set aside for schoolwork. I did have my hair appointment yesterday (looking at Indio). My stylist and the owner asked if I had the surgery, because it looks as if I've lost some weight. Made me feel good - cause I feel I've lost some, but don't really see any noticeable changes, at least that could be noticed by others (I get how you feel in your head Indio - no matter what, I will always be overweight in my head let's just hope that's the only place I WILL be overweight e.g. in my head). Got to go weigh-in, in a couple of hours:scared2: so I'm crossing my fingers for verification that I've done what I was supposed to do this week.

Sharon

PB = Productive burp - a burp with food in it (sorta like throw up but w/o the stomach acid)- when we become stuck (golf ball or air pocket in your chest) your body produces more saliva to try and get the lubircation (Slime) to move the food thru your tummy... Sometimes the food does go down - other times it won't and you will spit up slime and then bp and the food will come back up. After a bping episode alot of pple then stick to liquids for a while as they have irratied they tummies.

Remember Hope is not in your vocabulary - Yes I am still amazed that pple think I am a skinny chick - and in my head I know I am - but it's just still unbelievable - I think I am dreaming and am going to wake up fat again..

Hi all. Laurie from NYC gearing up for a March 9 surgery and I am really nervous. But the alternatives of continuing to gain weight and develop more health issues is not an appealing one, so I am going forward. I am a person in recovery and have always struggled with weight except when I was at the height of my active using. since I am sober (15 years now) I have steadily gained weight and I am now at my highest 290 lbs. I am married and my SO has been very supportive. I have arranged to take off 1 1/2 weeks from work to ensure I am ready to go back. Any and all support appreciated and reciprocated.

Welcome Laurie - I was 52 (7/17/07( when banded 250 starting weight for a little shortie of 5'3.5 (say I'm 5'4 :0) - I got to goal 160 on 5/8/08 - Lost 100 lbs by 1 yr and now am down a total of 112 - I feel 10 yrs younger and the qualitly of my life has improved 10 fold.

Props for your 15 yrs sober - that's great - now what you do once your are banded is apply those tools that you used to remain sober to your addiction to food... IMHO it's a little harder dealing w/our food addiction as we have to eat to live so we are tempted at every meal to over do - but the band is the tool that does help - but just like any addiction there is tons of mental work to do to over come the diesase ..

Rose - Didn't your doc give you chewable vititmans or tell you what kind to take - I don't understand - I guess I have a super great doc - I had a binder with all my instructions and things I needed - foods to eat etc.. After surgery I was to have chewable Flinstones w/iron - or They make a chewable vitiman for lapband pple - go to Bariatic Advantage website - they have a multi Vitamin called VitaBand - I have the Watermelon and it's good - they also Have Calcium Cirate Cinnamon chewables - Love them... And No I haven't been sick since being banded I think I had a tad of a cold last yr - but not sick...

Hey all (Sunday eve). Worked all day in the house today. Janet gotta let this lady know if I can care for her aunt or not by tomorrow. Its about 1800 a week for 24 care. That why I hate to pass it up. I could sure use the money. BUT I have alot of stuff to do with my house, village,my weight loss phase etc, etc. I hate to pass the money up though ya know what I mean!! I am barely concentrating on myself now as it is. I don't know what to do. I go to Dr Tues. Today I had oatmeal for b, lunch was nothing, supper, baked chicken, mixed vegetables, half cup rice. I made a double chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting for dh. I have not touched it.Thats one good thing. I got full from supper and for a change I was able to get the whole meal down. Plus I'm nervous right now with all of these things going on. I gotta get back onto me ya know!! Oh well thats it for now. Glad to hear everyone is doing well this week.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Becky 1800 a week take it !!!! - and you can still eat healthy while doing it - !!!!! I would take the $$$ - I really would..

It's raining and cold here is SUNNY California Desert!!!!!

I did dinner & home movie w/GS last night Some of you may remember that the day before my Bro died GS asked if I want to go to the movies with him and see Bee's Life - I said sure and we had planned to go the next Friday - Well - as most of you know we never made it - but the movie is out on video and I got it Saturday - So last night after I got back from shopping (Ralph Lauren blouse & INC Capri's) I made tacos rice and bean and we had dinner and watched the movie together - sorta slow and predictable but what movie isn't once you reach a certain age :thumbup:- I nodded out for maybe 10-15 minutes (eating does that to me) and it was a rare night cuz I fixed food for me that wasn't my normal fare - I ate the whole taco - rice & bean - but gotta say in the past it would have been 4-5 tacos instead of just one (and yes it was fried) but feel weird when I eat like this - it's sorta scary.

I also bought some blackberries - strawberries and these little individual angel food cake thingies (130 C) and light whip cream - for Dessert I cut one on the angel food cups in half - added the berry mixture and some whip cream - it was delicious - so I was at least lite in my dessert..

Now that I am a Marshalls convert - OMW the prices at Macy's are ridiculous - But I had a $25 gift card - $25 Rewards care & 20% discount - so my expensive outfit cost me $65 - but the Capri's were to die for I mean so comfortable - light weight denim - felt like jammies - top cute and summery white with flowers orange - yellow - lime green & blues w/ 3/4 length sleeves which is so hard to find - I think I am going to go into designing clothes for women - with sleeves!!!

Ok just cking in now gotta get to my desk - will cbl:wink:

Hi everyone - Back from St. Kitts and it's great to be home.

I had a doc appt this am. It was a follow-up from before vacation. We did an esophogram to see if things are "working right" with the band since I can't eat at all most of the day, but can eat like a horse at night!! Well as it turns out I have a paralyzed esophogus which is why food does not go down easy. Apparently it takes it a while to "loosen up" during the day. I had some fill taken out and we're going to give it a couple of weeks rest.

Doc isn't sure why this happened. It may or may not be band related but since I could eat normally pre-band he thinks it might be related. We'll see.

Anyway, the saga continues. Glad to see some new names on the thread. Welcome.

Long, I continue to be so impressed with your results!

Kathy

nThanks Kathy. Sorry to hear of your paralyzed esophogas, never heard of such a thing. I hope there is something they can do for it so you can get back to your restriction. Sounds miserable to not be able to eat all day and then be able to eat all night. Keep us posted.

Well...I've had a little setback:frown: Janet thanks for explaining the terms. I've experienced that feeling but didn't know what it was. Nothing actually came up so I just thought it was a "burp." :thumbup: and kept eating. Now that I know this and coupled with reviewing the notebook I received from my doc again (I got a notebook too), PLUS, the gas and now serious Constipation I'm experiencing, I think I have been eating too much.

My stomach is literally in knots. I did lose 1.8lbs this week and I was a little disappointed about this, because I thought I was doing everything right; at least I didn't gain. I've decided to go back to the full liquid diet for a day or two in order to get my tummy straightened out. I've added prune juice to my daily intake and hopefully this will help to cleanse my system. I also purchased a food scale and some measuring cups. When I went back and read my post op instructions, I realized I'm only supposed to be taking in 1/2 cup of food for 4-6 weeks after surgery. This is my 3rd week and last night I had about 2oz of salmon, 1/2 baked potato and an 1oz of brussel sprouts. I mashed the stuff up pretty well and ate slowly, but obviously I'm eating way more than what I suppose to have, plus I need to limit starches to about 2 servings a week. I'm paying for it now.

Let's hope my system clears up in a couple of days. 1/2 cup of food is NO food at all, but I will do my best. :)

One day I'll be able to shop for clothing anywhere I want, but Macy's is the one I tend to shop at the most. Every now and then I can find something that fits and lloks ok on me from Marshall's or TJ Maxx - not often. Someone PLEASE tell me the band will eventually help me get to my weight loss goals.