Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey gals,

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been trying to read and keep up. Busy, busy, busy, per usual!

Hugs to all of you with family members that are sick. I will be praying for all of them, and all of you. xoxo

Well, I'm off to Florida tomorrow morning!!!!! Like Laura said, hopefully we will be meeting up on Sunday. I'm so excited to meet her! I'm also pretty excited to get out of this crappy depressing weather. It really does make it very difficult to focus on eating well and exercising. I know when I'm down there all I will want to do is walk the beach and swim! Yipee!!!! I'm not taking my computer, and my phone no longer connects to the Internet. This is a good thing. I need a technology break. So, I'm sure I will check on all of you when I get home on the 13th. My aunt and I will be having a fantastic time this coming week! Poor Andrew will be at home. This is the longest we will have been apart in almost 5 years. Aw!

Goodnight all! Love all of you!

Meredith

Hi there, this is a quick check in from Denver. Sorry I've been a bad board buddy this week just not much time to post but trying to keep up reading. I came to Denver today to see grandma and grand baby. Tomorrow it's surgeon (also happens to be my lapband doc) with DD to see about her gall bladder. He usually only does bariatrics but he's seeing het because she's my daughter which I thought was awesome. I fly home tomorrow afternoon. Then on wednesday am leaving for Wisconsin for my uncles funeral. He died yesterday. My parents aren't even going. Some other stuff going on that I don't care to mention but have been under lots of stress. Also got my first ever stye in my eye it was awful. I will be back more regular soon. In the mean time I miss you and sorry I haven't kept up on responding individually.

Morning to everyone. Hope all is well.

Have a great trip, Meredith -- enjoy that warm weather. Our weather is back to crap -- only 32 right now -- and was cold and very windy yesterday. Such extremees but at least we know spring will arrive soon.

My DB is very bad shape -- he's now in septic shock and they still can't figure out what is causing it. If they can figure it out quickly there would stll be a chance for him. All the cultures came back normal. The Fluid they drained from the abdomin was normal - no blood, pus, etc. It's just unreal. It is just unbelieveable to me that this is happening. I just dread it whenever the phone rings.

Went to Zumba last night followed by Water aerobics -- felt so good after Zumba to get in the Water but boy I was tired. Heading out now for my deep water water aerobics. Unless more people start showing up for the evening water aerobics they won't have it -- there were only two of us in class last night and they need at least 4 to keep it open. I'll have to try to round up some people to come.

Arlene, I'll have to look for that Dr. Oz on Hulu -- sounds interesting -- I didn't know it was going to be on.

Lori, sorry to hear that your uncle passed - hugs and hope you have a safe trip to WI.

Have a great day everyone.

CBL

Linda

Lori, So sorry about your uncle, stay safe on your trip to WI. Bring warm clothes, yuky weather this way.

LauraK

Lori, So sorry about your uncle, stay safe on your trip to WI. Bring warm clothes, yuky weather this way.

Linda, prayers and good juju for your brother.

LauraK

Good Morning Gang...

Linda Hugs & Prayers for you and your family !!!

Charlene - I thought Dr Oz sucked on his lapband presentation - I will be writing letter today... The girl 6 month out eating Soup - and 4 - 5 teaspoons of yogurt & pudding - where was her Protein - where was her nutrition.. You can't tell me the other girl who did have a little Protein in her diet only ate that much food and was still on the heavy side - IMHO they weren't really telling the whole story - the girl who was 6 months out was too tight if she can't eat real food. They did speak a little bit about tool - but not enough on eating around it - being able to eat real food and adding exercise...

Angie - Hugs on your struggles - I am banded have not converted - I don't have a need to - I have lost 114 lbs and maintained that loss.. Sugar is most of our problems - Try keeping a food diary - write down what you eat and what your calories are and include your exercise - limit real treats to once a month. Losing weight is simple math - calories in vs calories burned. Have you ck'd w/doc on your thyroid

Laura - Hugs & Prayers on your Dad -I know how tough this is....

Great - Hugs & Prayers on the loss of your Uncle...

Well another day of work - then to the Attonery to sign more papers hopefully this thing is almost over

Opps.....lost that post somehow!!! So peeved!

Okay well dont have time to repost now....

My surgeon was the doctor on Dr. Oz yesturday.....Dr. Sean Garber. Will post a little later about him and the practice. I love him. Not only does he know what hes talking about but he treats each of the patients as family. Well cant reiterate all that I posted...but perhaps another time.

Have a great day......

grrrrrr I hate when this happens!

Jodi

Hi....in my orrginial post that got lost this morning.....I wanted to post the website for Dr. Garber and the New York Bariatric Group. Its a website much like this one but doesnt have this thread or you wonderful people so have never really personally utilized it but may be helpful to check out.

http://www.stopobesityforlife.com

I love the practice and what it offers....its not just a surgery and fill site......they have all the doctors and PAs that moniter closely the patients before during and after care. You are a part of the groups family. Dr. Garber and Dr. Holover along with the PAs social worker, psychologist and nutritionist attend the once monthly support group meetings that I go to....I like the fact you are seing everyone in an informal way and that your not under pressure all the time to rememeber everything you need to talk about during monthly checkups but can discuss here informallly not only knowledgeable but personable as well. You get alot more information at these support group meetings. It doesnt hurt that hes so good looking as well!!! lol.

Okay....well then must run. Have a great day.

Jodi

Hey gals,

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been trying to read and keep up. Busy, busy, busy, per usual!

Hugs to all of you with family members that are sick. I will be praying for all of them, and all of you. xoxo

Well, I'm off to Florida tomorrow morning!!!!! Like Laura said, hopefully we will be meeting up on Sunday. I'm so excited to meet her! I'm also pretty excited to get out of this crappy depressing weather. It really does make it very difficult to focus on eating well and exercising. I know when I'm down there all I will want to do is walk the beach and swim! Yipee!!!! I'm not taking my computer, and my phone no longer connects to the Internet. This is a good thing. I need a technology break. So, I'm sure I will check on all of you when I get home on the 13th. My aunt and I will be having a fantastic time this coming week! Poor Andrew will be at home. This is the longest we will have been apart in almost 5 years. Aw!

Goodnight all! Love all of you!

Meredith

Hey Meredith, I am in Florida too so if you have time and are near Jacksonville I would love to meet you.

Hey there ladies (and any gents who are lurking)...... hope all are well and happy today.....

Jesicca, beautiful pictures, beautiful family................ What do I do if I don't do Facebook ........ never post another picture or get into facebook again... It just doesn't interest me much.

Lori, sorry about your uncle.... Have fun with your baby....

Linda, hugs, Honey............. God is in charge.............

Sandy, OMG, your daughter is just gorgeous... and mom is oh, so beautiful, too.... what a great picture... I'm envious that you figured out how to post it....

Kristi......... I've never understood your medical system there..... Are there benefits to it that you can see besides being "free"?

OK, can't remember much else.... lots of gardening and projects going on.... I did spend all day in Bismarck yesterday... got our taxes done and filed.... and Mother's, too... Yeah.................!! Did a bunch of errands... got a call rescheduling my Tuesday surgeon's appt to Monday at 4:00 because doctor needed to go to a funeral.... Worked for us as we were already there... So don't have to go today... The word from my surgeon is that I cannot have anymore WL surgeries.... and he feels my band was responsible for everything that has been wrong with me for quite some time.... especially the esophogitis...... He said if I was his loved one he would insist I stay on Nexium the rest of my life..... So, guess you can tell where I am about now.... Very nervous about what will happen to me now...... I haven't been hungry or had much of an appetite for quite a long time...... I can feel it coming back again.... don't like it... But I haven't gotten my urge to snack back and I feel good about that.. DH Snacks all the time and I just got used to it.....

Well, must get something done... try to be back later..... Love you guys.... Julie

Janet, Well, yes, Dr Oz did suck at his explanation, but I liked Jodi's doctor. Yeah, I think the girl who put out the teaspoons and the clear Soup was lying or had an eating disorder. No one can live on that. She would have been malnourished. The other girl was more honest. She did say it was a tool and she had worked hard to keep her weight down. I haven't seen many lap band episodes that are pro lap band.

Julie, I am so glad you are not having another surgery. My DH has Barretts esophogus which he has to have checked every two years. It can lead to cancer. He takes prevacid. He stopped for awhile then started getting indigestion. I started back on pepcid. I found my over acid stomach was causing my pbing. You have been eating healthy for a long time. Try to stay on a low carb plan. I am so happy you are getting better. I was so worried about you. Now you will be all well for the new grandbaby. Woohoo!

Linda, Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

LauraK.....how is the dating going?

We had a beautiful day! It was sunny and low humidity. My bell pepper plant started making little peppers today and my tomatoes are full of blooms. It's all good!

Hey Gang, I am back from my cruise. I had a blast. It was so relaxing and exciting at the same time. I ate well and didn't gain any weight. Probably cause I did alot of dancing. I rode a jetski in key west. That was the most fun of the whole trip. Jake rode with me so Hubby could really ride without throwing him off. He was scared when I first got up to speed but by the end I heard little giggles coming from behind me. Those are the best. We had lots of quailty time. Here are some pictures. these are from our formal night.

207521_1892979814487_1541303367_31991297_7651072_n.jpg

200006_1892981934540_1541303367_31991310_7853562_n.jpg

200004_1892982134545_1541303367_31991311_5887502_n.jpg

I was surprised to get on the scale this morning and see I hadn't gained.

I had a ton of school work to do and worked on it an hour at a time throughout the cruise. I finally got part 1 finished today. It was so much work. Took me so long. Now my professor is gonna send it back with notes on where I need to spend more time studying. I hope my grade comes up after all this time and effort I put in.

Hubby also fixed my new motorcycle so I my feet could touch the ground. It was way to tall for me. It fits perfect now and I have been crusin all over town on it. I love it. It is so easy to manuver. I am gonna ride it to school in the morning. I can't wait.

I love the pictures they are so beautiful

Hey there ladies (and any gents who are lurking)...... hope all are well and happy today.....

Jesicca, beautiful pictures, beautiful family................ What do I do if I don't do Facebook ........ never post another picture or get into facebook again... It just doesn't interest me much.

Lori, sorry about your uncle.... Have fun with your baby....

Linda, hugs, Honey............. God is in charge.............

Sandy, OMG, your daughter is just gorgeous... and mom is oh, so beautiful, too.... what a great picture... I'm envious that you figured out how to post it....

Kristi......... I've never understood your medical system there..... Are there benefits to it that you can see besides being "free"?

OK, can't remember much else.... lots of gardening and projects going on.... I did spend all day in Bismarck yesterday... got our taxes done and filed.... and Mother's, too... Yeah.................!! Did a bunch of errands... got a call rescheduling my Tuesday surgeon's appt to Monday at 4:00 because doctor needed to go to a funeral.... Worked for us as we were already there... So don't have to go today... The word from my surgeon is that I cannot have anymore WL surgeries.... and he feels my band was responsible for everything that has been wrong with me for quite some time.... especially the esophogitis...... He said if I was his loved one he would insist I stay on Nexium the rest of my life..... So, guess you can tell where I am about now.... Very nervous about what will happen to me now...... I haven't been hungry or had much of an appetite for quite a long time...... I can feel it coming back again.... don't like it... But I haven't gotten my urge to snack back and I feel good about that.. DH Snacks all the time and I just got used to it.....

Well, must get something done... try to be back later..... Love you guys.... Julie

Even if you don't use facebook, you can post the pictures to your lapbandtalk album and use the same instructions to get your URL code. The picture just needs to be uploaded to the internet somewhere so that it is assigned a URL code.

I missed a clinical round today because my babysitter (brother) over slept. So I am gonna have an extra assignment on top of my other extra work. Honestly life is burning me out lately. Hubby works all evening and night. 85 hours a week. He gets in bed right as my alarm goes off. After class I get maybe an hour to study before I have to get Jake from school. He makes it so hard to get anything done. He is always wanting me to watch this or look at that, help him with this and that. I just feel like shutting down. I think I am really. With all this schoolwork I should be plucking away at it but I am putting it off. My mind is just fuzz. I thought the vacation would be helpful but I feel just the same as I did before vacation. Maybe I need to send Jake to Grandmas this weekend so I can get somethings accomplished.

I am hanging in there. I am just done. Done with my DH being an ass about my food and my health. Done with being Diabetic. Done with my back and knees hurting. I gained most of my weight back except 20 pounds. Done with not having insurance anymore. Done with not being able to see my therapist because with no insurance is 170.00 a session. IAM DONE!!!! I need to get out of my head. I am killing myself I really do understand that. Sometimes I just want it to be over. I am done feelling like crap.

I AM DONE!!!!!

Now what???? What baby step do I go to first?

Melissa, I am so sorry life has been so sucky for you lately. We & I will speak for all of us. We love you and care so much about you. All I can say is hang in there. We are here for you. You can do this. Do you have a minister that you can talk to? Please find someone some how. We are here.

laurak