Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Peeps

My head feels better today - haven't taken meds since yesterday - they just make me so sleepy - Never had veritgo before - I know a few pple who have had it - Yep Linda I know it can be signs of problems elsewhere - but hopefully it's just ear thingie maybe from being pooped who knows.. But feeling ok today - so will take it..

Apples Party sounds fun ;0) - I am suppose to go to concert next weekend - but right now - being social isn't on my calendar.. Need some recoup time ;0)..

Eva - Love how you are cleaning - LOL my maid (andrew) comes today - so the house will be swept & vaccumed and clean sheets ;0).

Julie - Glad you are feeling better ;0)

Cheri - So happy to hear that the Chemo is working !!!

Melissa - Glad you are seeing the Dr - you will figure it out with his help

Joyce - Yep I know how to ask for help when needed - don't like to but sometimes we have to - How's the elbow??

Good Morning Gang!

Apples, Woohoo! on the date night. I want to know all about it. Are you traveling very far for the event? I hope the weather behaves.

Linda, This is day7 of 17.....down 5lbs of my weight I had gained since Vegas. I did go off track last night and ate fried shrimp and oysters with steams veggies. I probably would have lost more by now, but I couldn't resist going out to eat seafood. I am back being good today.

I can't believe it, but I went out to my little garden and I have four little green cherry tomatoes. I had know idea they would start producing so soon. My squash is about four inches high. I will have to thin them early next week.

Lori, WTG! on the pouch test! Lori, the ipad is just as easy as the iphone. I just don't what all it does do because I am technically challenged. I have three children in that field, but I still want to learn to do it myself.

Melissa, Sound like you are getting back on track. Our eating issues are in our head. I go to a shrink, but it is for anxiety from taking FM medicine plus I think I have always had anxiety. That is why I eat so much. I think you could do this 17 day diet. There is a wider variety of foods to pick from. HUGS! on your success!

Julie......so glad you are posting. Yes, it is sunny and 85 in the afternoons. Perfect weather for my plants and exercising outside. I have been walking everyday. The 17day diet says to only walk 17 minutes the first 17day then increase exercise to 45-60 minutes. I can do this.

Janet......how's the vertigo? HUGS!!!

Joyce.....how's the arm? That is awful about your sister's ex. My friend is 59 and her husband is divorcing her after 28 years of marriage. She is so afraid he is going to file bankruptcy. He is in that kind of work. I think he has a 25 year old girlfriend.....the DIRT BAG! He had the nerve to go to church with her during the marriage seminar and act like he wasn't doing anything wrong. I almost threw up when I spoke to him. She told him to quit going to church with her. He is still living in the house. Of course he said he doesn't have a girlfriend, but where has all their money gone. She will find out when the discovery is done. She just had her hip and knee replaced last year and needs her other knee and hip replaced. Her lawyer told her to drag it out so she can get those surgeries. Also, she is asking for support do to her disabilities. That is why she is concerned he will file for bankruptcy. UGH!

Okay gang, I'm off to get routine blood work for my thyroid. I think my numbers will be high. I am losing hair again, my nails are splitting, and everytime I get the least bit warm it takes forever to cool down. Okay, enough of my daily ailment gripes. Later !

For some reason I can't get multi quote to work again. Thanks to everyone for you support regarding my therapy. It means so much everyone cares about me.

I saw the email on the 17 day diet I just have not read it yet. I also saw the book at Target. I have made a promise to myself I would stop buying diet books or self help books unless my therapist wants me too. I have too many. I am sending them to goodwill today. It will be good to clean the closet of all that junk. It makes me feel bad just looking at them. The only two I have now are the 5 day pouch test book and Dr Garth Davis's book.

So all in all today is good I go close tonight at work so I will chat with you girls and guys later.

Love to Everyone

Morning..................... I'm happy to say that I just got out of the shower and am feeling pretty good... Still have one little spot on my upper incision that wants to weep, but otherwise things are pretty good..... I have been taken off of all anti-inflammatories (ie Aleve) and do have noticeable pain in my knees by the end of the day..... but one day at a time... That probably helped get me a hole in my stomach!!!!!

My dear husband is doing housecleaning for me right now.... He vacuumed the whole big main room and kitchen and now is swiffering the dining room and kitchen that has no rugs.... It was getting bad, but I just can't... I have done a bit of cooking and dishes.......... So we are making do with what we have...... Tried to get my DD to do some for me so she could earn some much needed money, but she isn't feeling well these days...... dizzy and nauseous........ she just saw her doctor and they said it's just pregnancy related.... Baby has dropped, so maybe that has an effect....... She called this morning to ask her dad to go get Laromi from school at 11:00 as she was up most of the night.... probably good she isn't working right now......

Anxious to hear about Apples' night out...... wish I was up to something like that..... My poor husband has had a sick wife for over 2 years.... I've been lots of fun!!!!! But he loves me..... and I love him and I guess that's what matters...... so.................... on that note, maybe I should get dressed..... see if I can do something constructive today..... always paperwork on my desk with all the things I handle for everyone.... I wish you all a glorious day...... Hugs and prayers from your friend......... Julie

Good morning! Well today is day 5 of the Pouch test. And well, not to be a naysayer, but I really didn't get much out of it besides hunger! LOL My restriction feels no different. I had let a lot of bad habits back into my daily routine and it stopped some of those, but with the right mindset that I had going into this I could've probably just went back to eating pure Protein a few days and accomplished the same thing and forgotten the liquid days. Those were the worst. I know some of you think highly of it, but not sure I will do it again. If I need to get back to basics again, I will just go to mushies or solid Proteins only for a few days. I hope that doesn't mean I have a stretched pouch or something, but I do have some restriction so that is good. I can get stuck on things once in a while when I am not paying attention. My only slip ups on the 5 days were the first day I had yogurt for Breakfast thinking it was on it since pudding was. And last night my halibut was battered. But I do feel good that I stuck to it for the 5 days. Today I am cooking a turkey. I got it out of the freezer on Sunday thinking DS was coming, DH likes to make some turkey and noodle thing with the left overs and freeze them in FoodSaver bags into individual meals that he takes to work. He'll have lots the turkey is over 20 lbs. I got it at Thanksgiving time when they were cheap.

Yesterday I had a mess. I washed all my bedding. Upon taking the duvet cover off the down comforter I discovered my comforter had a hole in it. I had feathers everywhere. My hunting dog must've thought I shot a bird. LOL She was rolling in them, eating them, etc. It took me forever to clean those up and I am still finding feathers. As soon as you run the vaccuum in sends them floating in the air again. LOL

Arlene, enjoy those 80's soon you'll be too hot. We have 50's and rain today.

Julie, glad to see you feeling better. Weird that the band may have caused your shoulder pain all this time.

Melissa, I am with you in the diet books. Heck I could've had my own library.

Janet, glad the vertigo is gone. That would be awful.

Karen, have fun on the date night, anxious to hear all about it.

Linda, have you gotten any information on your neck? Hope you find out what is going on soon. Thanks for the 17 day diet.

Cheri, the news about your DD is awesome! I am glad for you and your family.

Julie, I can feel it in your posts that you are feeling better. That is wonderful. Maybe it is time to put away some of the Julie that was caused by pain and bring on the new, feeling good Julie. Why don’t you plan your own date night with DH? After two years, it is long over due.

Eva and Arlene, all of your talk of gardening is making me jealous. We can’t even think of planting a garden until Memorial Day. That is the official planting day around here. It does work out nice though as mother’s day falls a week or so before – I always ask for flowers for mother’s day.

I am happy to report that I have lost 2 of the 6 vacation pounds! It won’t take long.

Here they say you can plant outside on Mothers' Day. DH has his seedlings growing in the house under lights now. With the looks of it outside today, spring is never going to appear! Our rain turned to snow. Good day to be cooking a turkey inside.

Linda, any dr reports yet???

Hi.....

quick post before shabbos....

My lawyer got back to me this morning and told me that he did speak to the surrogate court and they are going to get back to him on Monday.....so we shall see. Im going to fight this one.....not going to sit this one back. Thanks for all the support.

just weighed myself on my friends scale and ive now gained ten lbs???? How the heck!!! Well...that is the end of this period of gaining....not going to gain another pound called the surgeons and made apt for this wednesday so they can pick my butt....but I know you all will as well..........although....ive just berated myself to no end!!!

Just finished cooking with friends Hindy and Renee....for shabbos...we are visiting Hindy...NJ for shabbos. Kids are friends. Well........must run but wanted to wish everyone a great weekend!!!

ENJOY!!!

Hi all,

Spring break starts NOW!!! I am so in need of it! The kids have been crazy. We had two weeks to try to teach between IOWA testing week and spring break week. And the moon was the closest to earth its been in 30 years! Lunacy (lunarcy) rules. Hope to see my grandkids a lot. Taking several of them overnite tomorrow so don't expect a lot from me. Then Sun. aft we're having Ken's kids over (postponed birthday for him and his son.)

I've been doing straight Protein since last Sunday. Did two days of Liquid Protein to drop Water and reduce my cravings. Purge from the carbs. Hard to get through, but after that the solid Protein was very satisfying. But I am unable to exercise as much as I'd like. My knees aren't handling it and I've been having trouble with my lower back. The stairs at work have been too much for them and walking a whole hour outside on the warmer days seems to hurt them too. So I'm within a pound of the weight range I wanted to get back to, but without as much exercise it's harder to do. I definitely feel the restriction with the protein vs eating sliders.

But the addicted to carbs part of me is really screaming for satisfaction. Think I'll go shopping tonight. I have to start thinking about my trip at the end of June and I could use a few spring things. Have a 30%off at Kohl's. Can't spend much though. Gotta watch the pennies. I despise debt and keep our credit cards fully paid up at all times. Can't stand paying interest. Only on the house loan. Ken will be cutting down to 2 days a week for 4 months in order to not exceed his allowable income since he collects Social. That's a bummer. I can't stand seeing him glued to the TV for 4 months. He really needs some hobbies.

Cheri

By the way, Jessica, those were fabulous pictures you posted. You make all of us jealous that you could figure out how to even post them on here. You'll have to host a webinar for us all on how to post pics on LBT.

Julie, glad to see you post and really glad to hear you are feeling better. Go Julie. Hope DD feels better soon. When is her due date? Just think, you be feeling all good just in time for that baby.

Sandy, good for you loosing the extra lbs already. Now is the perfect time for us to be planting because it's not too hot yet. In another 6 weeks, it will be way too hot for a lot of the stuff. Which reminds me, I have to go check plants that may need Water.

Great, I know feathers are a big pain to clean up but couldn't help laughing at the dog rolling in them. Glimmer chewed a pillow years ago while I was gone somewhere. When I came home there were still feathers everywhere and I found the pillow in the yard. DH doesn't clean in the nooks and crannies. Sorry you still have snow and cold. It should settle down and start warming up pretty soon for you.

Janet, glad yo are feeling better. Yeah, I can understand you not wanting to socialize for a while. You've had a lot of company this year. So when can I visit again? LOL just kidding. You want to send Andrew this way...I could use him. I still need to dust and mop and it isn't going to get done today.

Linda, good luck with your appointments. Have to have a first draft of my final story in by Monday...I know what I'm going to write but haven't started it yet. Hope you do get a couple of free weekends...I know how much you love your DGD, but it's nice when you get a break too.

I finally got an offer on the house in Colorado. They want to do owner financing and I do have a bit of an issue with that but I've sent in a counter, so I should find out on Tuesday or Wednesday if they accept the counter.

Later

Melissa, I am with you in the diet books. Heck I could've had my own library.

The Sad part is I bet alot of us can.

Melissa - I'm with you and Lori regarding having WAY TOO MANY diet books. Good for you to pack them up and get them out. rolleyes.gif

Julie - so glad you are feeling better. I take Aleve twice a day. Is that a no-no????

Karen - have a great date night and share as much of the evening as you feel comfortable telling us. wink, wink

Cheri - enjoy your spring break. Relax and Celebrate the marvelous influence you are to so many children. You are changing lives.

Linda - any news on neck???

Jodi - anxious to hear that your attorney will make things right for you & for Dassi.

Arlene - way to go on 5 lb. loss. You rock, GF. rolleyes.gif

I'll see doctor on Monday and should be set free of the sling - then begin PT.

We are expecting snow tomorrow and next week ---- whine, whine.......

Hi everyone. Good news!! No surgery needed -- mostly arthritis and degenerative disc problems, but doctor feels with physical thereapy for a few months I should get relief in neck and shoulder pain -- thinks I have carpal tunnel also (not surprising since I've been typing for 40 plus years) which also is causing problems but my MRI showed nothing is pressing on any arteries so they don't think my dizziness is caused by any disc problems. I was just so relieved as I have been very worried and upset over this situation. I do not want to have any more spinal surgeries ever. They said if I still have pain after a month or so of therapy the next step would be some epidural steriod injections . I'm so relieved!!

I'm not too concerned about the vertigo I've had lately - it seems worse and lasting longer than usual, but I've been living with bouts of this for about 15 years so will continue to live with it -- it helps knowing it's nothing serious.

Anyway, it's late -- we had a busy day -- shopping, had a nice lunch -- had to drive in ice/snow on the way there -- but home the roads were dry. Got home and Aylah and katie came to visit.

Need sleep - will post tomorrow.

Linda

Hi guys~

Sounds like everyone is doing good/better. Janet~ so glad the vertigo is calming down. Many times when someone gets it, who isn't a usual vertigo person, it's caused by a virus. Hope it stays away. I get it twice a year and it sucks. Now, the INSTANT it starts, I go to the neurologist and have them adjust the "sand".

Julie~ So glad you are feeling a better. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery! I am so hoping that for you, you've been through a lot.

Linda~ so glad the MRI was negative and we can deal with this- with PT and NO SURGERY! That's so awesome!

Karen~ Enjoy your date night! Blind folding huh? You are so cute!! Do you keep the blind fold on? <wink wink>

Cheri~ Enjoy your spring break!!! I hear you on the CC- I NEVER ever keep a balance. Can't stand paying interest.

Eva~ hi and glad the writing is going good. So busy with all your learning! The cleaning can ALWAYS wait! The coffee thing sounds interesting!

Jodi~ Don't beat yourself up on the gain. Think of all you've been through and all you've done. Now just get back on track. I've been there, done it and bought the t shirt. It's a part of this journey. hugs. Where are the BM pics?

Thanks for all the concerns about my DH's family. They are in Damascus. They are in a safe area and should be ok. They said it's like a big storm is coming b/c everyone is stockpiling food and Water (after seeing what happened in Egypt) I think the people deserve a democracy. Peaceful demonstrations should be allowed. So far, even with 30+ people killed, the people demonstrating never once had a weapon- not even a stick. The sad thing is, if change doesn't occur then all the people demonstrating risk their lives and families lives- the current president will send his security to come after you. Just plain unbelievable to us. Pray for Syrian people.

Nelson and I live for NC today. DH will stay behind and hold down the fort. : ) I am sure he will enjoy a little down time- just chilling after work.: ) My Dad is having a much stronger reaction to chemo this time. His white blood cell count is way down and he had to go in for treatment for this. Mom said by week 2 he had lost his hair and eyebrows and now eyelashes. Everything is magnified. I hope that just our presence will help. Will do what I can. sigh. I took Nels to the beach yesterday with one of his friends (it was the first day of spring break). We had fun. At least he has one day of "fun" for the SB. He just packed his little backpack with toys. awww. I need to go pack. TTYS. peasout..................Laura

Laura safe travels to you and Nelson - it will help your dad to have you both there. I understand your situation as well as when my DM was going through this she was in Florida and i was in California and it's so hard every time you go. Your mom is probalby needing some cheering up as well as help - she's probably more than exhausted. Glad DH's familiy is safe -- every time I see anything about it or hear about it I remember the pics you posted of his trip and all the sweet, peaceful looking faces in the photos. I can't imagine taking those kinds of risks -- I agree that everyone deserves to live free and have all human rights and to not be ruled by brutal dictators who steal from their own people. Eva, I know you think we're stretched too thin and I agree, right now we are thin but I also think that we need to help -- we are still the strongest/greatest nation on earth and we need to show our support -- I just pray it all ends quickly with as little bloodshed as possible.

Diet books, diet programs, etc. all help me understand how our body/mind/addiction works -- so I enjoy reading them -- they somehow keep me on track -- so I don't mind having a "library" of them around -- I re-read some of them occasionally and sometimes it helps me to stay on track -- especially with exercise -- if you want to lose you must exercise - that's what every single diet plan has always agreed on -- on magic pill for exercise. There's never going to be a pill that does the same thing as exercise does!

Janet, hope the vertigo is gone - I do the Epley maneuver (there's also Epley exercises which are bascially about the same thing) sometimes it helps and other times it doesn't -- worth a shot. You have to do it more than once -- usually quite a few times.

Cheri, hope you get some spring weather to go with your spring break - my DS was working in Chicago last week and he was cold. Poor baby -- so spoiled living in LV.

Joyce, hope you get rid of your sling and then you and I will be hitting PT together. Glad your arm healed so well -- nice that it happened before the nicer weather.

Katie had a friend whose mother's freezer went out and her meat started to thaw so she was giving it away so it wasn't wasted -- they live on a farm and raise their own cattle so it's really good meat -- she brought me two huge roasts (probably 14 lbs. each) and a bunch of ground beef and ground pork. I'll be cooking all weekend and then freezing for DH - I think I'll make some good beef barley Soup, meatballs and ham balls and then just regular roast with gravy. He'll be in heaven with that kind of food at his disposal. LOL.

WEll, better get busy so I can work out and then start cooking. I'm sooooo very relieved about my neck - now I can think about maybe trying to do a panni too. I'd rather do that surgery any day rather than a neck surgery.

Love you all - have a great day.

Linda