Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another tricare approved

Gina,

My surgery was supposed to be outpatient as well, but Tricare requires you to stay overnight or they won't pay. So I ended up having to stay overnight. Make sure you double check! (I was one of the fist to go through the process once it was an approved procedure, so things may have changed, but it hit me as a surprise)

I'd heard that, and I've already checked! Thanks for watching out for me!

Hi My name is Tara and I have started the process to receive the Realize Band. I haev been waiting and waiting to hear from Dr. Tribble's office as to when I am going to see the him. I have completed every test and procedure his office instructed me to do. It's like I am just waiting. Have anyone else had to wait and wait. I started this journey 09/09/08.

I am just not sure at this point what I am waiting on. I have not seen the doctor but I have completed each step I have been asked to do by there office and they have all my results. I called the office on Wednesday and I think that was when Ms. Shelia said I was waiting on my package to be approved by Tricare, but how could that be when I have never seen the surgeron? I hate to keep calling I will wait until Wednesday adn give them a call if I have not heard anything by then.

Sorry, this question was a few posts back, but Tricare goes off of the HIGH weight end. So, if you (like me) are 5'4", according to the Metlife Charts, I should weigh 114 - 127 for a SMALL framed female. (I am actually medium framed, but the Surgeon put small frame (thank you Dr.!)

I weighed 259 lbs. So I got in on the 200% over ideal weight. 127lbs X 200% = 254lbs. I barely made it!

Tricare didn't require anything but a letter of medical necessity from the surgeon. I was approved within 24 hours. Once the Dr.s office got the approval, I had surgery 6 days later.

Hi Wendy, I just read this post you made and I feel so nauseous now. I am 5'3", 244 lbs, medium framed...according to Met Life chart I should weigh in at 121-135...my Dr. just submitted me to qualify under the 200% with no co-morbs requirement. So I just read the post you made...does this mean that I am going to be denied again??? I am so nervous now my vision is blurring. I have been doing this since March 2008 and it just seems to be hopeless. I cannot stand to gain more weight. My knees hurt so bad I can barely stand to climb my stairs, but I cannot get a "severe arthritis" diagnosis. My blood pressure is elevated but the Dr. will not diagnose me with hypertension. I am at my wits end. Hope you can shed some light on this.

How would you rate the office overall and the surgeron? I think I may be using Dr. Prickett just because his name is on my tricare referral.

Have you had your surgery yet? I am a patient hoping to have lap band surgery with Dr. Prickett and I have Tricare Prime. I started my journey on 09-09-08 and I finally have an appointment to meet the surgeron. This will be my first time meeting him but I have done all the required steps already and have had about 7 or 8 other appointments. I really would like to know how many times do you meet with the surgeon before the surgery?