Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Illinois Medicaid

Views
Started by SMILES67, May 14, 2008 11:39 AM
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic with all your friends:

5 replies to this topic

SMILES67

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted May 14, 2008 - 11:39 AM

I'm not sure how to post this agan. I made one post about locating a doctor in Illinois that accepts the Illinois Medicaid Card and got a great list of Chicago area doctors, Thanks so much. I was wondering if anyone would have a list of doctors in the Central or Southern part of Illinois. Any and all help would be very valuable. I reached beyond desparation awhile back. Thank you for your time.

sistasassy

Praise Him in the storm!

• Surgeon: Albert Gilman
  • Starting Weight: 2435 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 2259 lbs
  • Current Weight: 176 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 28.4
  • My Blogs
Posted May 17, 2008 - 11:10 AM

Dr. Albert Gilman in Decatur, IL. He accepts Medicaid. You must have a BMI of 40 or above though to see him. His number is 217.876.2750. He is the absolute only one I could find in Central Illinois. His address is 302 West Hay St. Suite 140.

Edited by benhamgal, May 17, 2008 - 11:20 AM.

kryskarns

Posted July 8, 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hi Im new here and Im really seriously considering Lap Band. I have a few questions to anyone who can help thank you. Im wondering if my BMI is 37 will I still be a candidate for the surgery? And also does Illinois medicaid cover it? I live in Kewanee Illinois 1 hour from Peoria so if anyone close to there can help I appreciate it!!! Thanks!:biggrin:

sistasassy

Praise Him in the storm!

• Surgeon: Albert Gilman
  • Starting Weight: 2435 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 2259 lbs
  • Current Weight: 176 lbs
  • BMI: 28.4
  • My Blogs
Posted July 8, 2008 - 4:43 PM

Illinois Medicaid does cover the lap band if you BMI is at least 40 or if it is 35-39 with at least two comorbidities. You will need a doctor who will do the band, a psych evaluation (which is not typically covered by Medicaid and can cost between $250-$600) and an appointment with your surgeon's nutritionist who must also say you are a good candidate for the surgery.

Your surgeon can then submit it for approval. Mine was just submitted so I am not sure how long it takes to hear back.

All of my other testing is done for my surgeon as well due to other issues I had going on in my life anyway.

I hear there are a number of doctors in the Chicago and Peoria area that are accepting Medicaid and one in Decatur.

Good Luck!

Ashley33

• Surgeon: Sachin Kukreja
  • Starting Weight: 300 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 60 lbs
  • Current Weight: 240 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 165 lbs
  • BMI: 42.5
Posted December 18, 2011 - 2:24 PM

yeah.. Mt Sinai Chicago accepts Medicaid for the band.. call them at 773-257-2020, they're great!

KellyLiz14

• Surgeon: Naresh Ahuja
  • Starting Weight: 337 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 0 lbs
  • Current Weight: 337 lbs
  • BMI: 56.1
Posted January 26, 2014 - 5:09 PM

Herrin Hospital, aka, New Life Weight Loss Center, Herrin Illinois, find Carbondale, (S.I.U), and Marion Il, (I 57), and its right between the 2 towns. They are Medicare and Medicaid accredited now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Apr 22
    ScarlettL

I'm still so Oooo tired! is this normal?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates